The Wizard's Tower

The Wizard's Tower

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

So let me get this straight: You guys have a tower that you moved to Kessex that was in the original GW, has been in the lore for 8 years, and then you build a new tower in the same map instead of using the one you have?

I understand wanting to build up the content in Kessex, (no meta event etc.) but ignoring the Wizard’s Tower http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard%27s_Tower over and over again is super disappointing.

I am curious as to why it keeps not seeing any use in the game. I am also curious as to why another tower is being used in Kessex after the Wizard’s Tower has never been used and has been shrouded in mystery for 8+ years. Why even bring it over from GW1?

Unless you guys and gals do a “Two Towers” reference soon and use both of them, I will be super disappointed if I don’t get to ever meet this guy: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Isgarren

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

Hopefully Wizard’s Tower will be a real update and not 2 week disappearing garbage. I would rather have them not ruin another thing from GW1 than do that.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Scarlet isnt overly fond of gothic architecture.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I would have loved more info on the wizards tower. I am not sure we’ll ever get to set foot in there, which is a shame.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

GW1 lore not allowed in GW2.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I hope they have plans to reveal the Wizard’s Tower sometime in the second year of GW2 rather than the third or fourth.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

If the krait obelisk could shoot beams, it should shoot at Isgarren’s tower or Dominion of Winds walls.

The Wizard's Tower

Iason Evan.3806

You’d think they would have stayed away from using any sort of reference to the word “tower” in Kessex Hills. If I were one of the designers, I would have thought it to be redundant.

I seriously want to be wrong about this and I hope you all have a plan for the Wizard’s Tower and that is why you brought it over from GW1. If not, it seems a not so subtle troll move aimed at the people who really like the world lore.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

My hopeful bet is that the master of Wizard’s tower, seeing this bad juju going down will call the PCs to rally at his place and Wizard’s tower (in a limited, preview form) will become the staging point for taking on the Tower of Nightmares.

If we want to go for a sbutle joke, wizard’s tower is now inexplicably higher in the air, like, higher up than the Tower of Nightmares. (hey, the master has a reputation to keep as owning the “highest tower” in all Tyria.)

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Wizard’s Tower is a major lore item. I rather they take the time to make it great. But yes its been 8 years.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

The Wizard's Tower

Iason Evan.3806

Wizard’s Tower is a major lore item. I rather they take the time to make it great. But yes its been 8 years.

I did post this 8 months ago: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Wizard-s-Tower-as-a-Fractal/first#post1346064

They have this amazing thing that has always piqued interest, they move it into this game(it really is one of the only immediately recognizable things from GW1 in GW2) and yet it just sits there tucked away into a corner of a map that until now was kind of neglected because it has no meta event. What actually has to transpire for that thing to get fleshed out? It’s like if they showed the Death Star in Star Wars but never talked about it. I have sufficiently given my two cents on the matter though now. It would be nice to hear something from the devs on it though. It’s been 8 years of waiting.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The wizards tower is actually part of the first quest ever made for GW1. so it is likely a lot older then 7 years.

The tower is and has always been a complete mystery. Personally I do hope that this mystery stays a mystery forever. Now it is exiting. using it for a dungeon/fractal/personal story/jumping puzzle/wold boss content whatever would be fun…….for 1 month…then the mystery is gone

Keep the wizards tower a mystery forever!!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: esit.3927

esit.3927

The wizards tower is actually part of the first quest ever made for GW1. so it is likely a lot older then 7 years.

The tower is and has always been a complete mystery. Personally I do hope that this mystery stays a mystery forever. Now it is exiting. using it for a dungeon/fractal/personal story/jumping puzzle/wold boss content whatever would be fun…….for 1 month…then the mystery is gone

I don’t disagree with what your saying, however its like telling someone who has been searching for the holy grail to stop searching for it.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

It must be Ganon’s Castle… o_O

The Wizard's Tower

Iason Evan.3806

Totally valid opinion. I can respect that. When I put it in perspective of how many loose ends there are from GW1 lore-wise, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I don’t mind having mystery, but to leave mysteries unsolved forever is one of a few things: The author not knowing what to do with it, forgetting about it, too lazy to do something with it, or saving it for later. Seeing as we are a whole other game into the franchise, and the fact that it is in the game makes me think differently. Why put it in if they are going to do nothing with it? Most everything else was destroyed in GW1 (including things and people that could actually be here still) but this one was left entirely intact.

When you have things that people get attached to in a story, those are the things you most want to tell tales of because there is a connection and immersion there. Why would anyone start making new stories that no one has a connection with and forsake the things they feel tied to? No one would do that :P

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have a feeling we might one day get more about that tower. After all, the Moa Racing starting gate and turn ramp by Lion’s Shadow were there at the start, and how long was it before they got used?

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

While we’re at it, what’s going on with Viathan Lake in Kessex these days?

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

While we’re at it, what’s going on with Viathan Lake in Kessex these days?

Attachments:

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I did post this 8 months ago: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Wizard-s-Tower-as-a-Fractal/first#post1346064

They have this amazing thing that has always piqued interest, they move it into this game(it really is one of the only immediately recognizable things from GW1 in GW2) and yet it just sits there tucked away into a corner of a map that until now was kind of neglected because it has no meta event. What actually has to transpire for that thing to get fleshed out? It’s like if they showed the Death Star in Star Wars but never talked about it. I have sufficiently given my two cents on the matter though now. It would be nice to hear something from the devs on it though. It’s been 8 years of waiting.

Or the designers aren’t lore hounds and they’re just normal players. most of whom really don’t care about lore.

You seem to be laboring under the assumption that the majority of people care about lore and think about lore. Why call something a tower? I don’t know. We have towers in WvW. We have water towers. Tower is just a word in the English language.

Do you realize how few people, even Guild Wars 1 players by percentage hardly think about the Wizard’s Tower in Kessex.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t like to see it, but saying that someone shouldn’t use the word tower because it has such deep meaning to a relatively small percentage of people…well it’s like saying everyone has to think like you.

I know from personal experience not a lot of people think like me, so I stopped expecting them to.

The Wizards Tower looms large in your mind. This isn’t a universal or wide-spread circumstance.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

All I have to say is if they just keep up with the temp content and follow the road they have been this game is just gonna continue on the road is has been, further and further down the list of playable games, why play a game that puts in content just to delete it 2 weeks later, and content that can be completed in 1-3 hours at that.

Should of stuck to your roots Anet.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I hope they never touch upon the lore behind the Wizard’s Tower until they get some more experienced or better writers in. I feel like it’s one of the last things in lore that they haven’t butchered yet.

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

I hope with all my heart that the wizards tower will respond to this tower being built so close to them.

The Wizard's Tower

Iason Evan.3806

I hope with all my heart that the wizards tower will respond to this tower being built so close to them.

That is my hope. In the lore it is said the Wizard moved the tower. Hopefully he can move the tower to attack the one that is there. He has all those elementals protecting the town there on the shore. I would also love it if that is where Livia is. Who else would she be hanging out with at this point? Would make sense for two people that have unnaturally long lives to want to be around each other.

I guess my other reason is that I don’t understand why we keep getting new characters introduced when there are characters that the community cares about that have been around for years and nothing is being done with them. There is an attachment factor for people that can create excitement in others that maybe previously wouldn’t care at all. With new characters you just end up adding clutter to a mess of loose ends. I would like to see some of those loose ends get tied up before starting a new journey.

The Wizard's Tower

Iason Evan.3806

John Stumme kind of addressed this stuff in the livestream today and I wholeheartedly disagree with what he said. The best content is the content designed around the interesting stuff in the game. For example, I like Scarlet but she came out of nowhere with zero context in the lore. I understand building content around new characters, but it will get to the point that people that care about lore will stop paying attention to it in this game because none of the stories ever get completed.

No one wants to read half finished books. Likewise, I don’t want to play a game where I can get invested in characters only to have the story end at the climax. You need denouement and resolution for it to be complete. I am specifically referring to Livia here.

Please don’t start stuff you aren’t going to finish. Heck, you guys started the Wizard’s Tower and never even told the tale and then moved it here to GW2 and it just sits there in a lonely corner of one of the least played maps in the game. It would be great if you guys finished the tales you started. That’s the payoff. That’s the “lore loot”. The way a lot of this stands now, it’s like you sent me on a lore quest, the quest was buggy and there is no reward in the form of an ending.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

GW1 lore not allowed in GW2.

+1

/15chars

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i thought this was going to be a complaint thread about the skill point in straits of devastation

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I don’t really think they have a valid plan anymore. The game is literally all over the place with no solid direction. Most the time it feels like they have 5 or 6 team’s that work completely independent of each other creating content that they shoe horn into the game. The wizard tower was most likely a lore idea from one of the team’s that is no longer even on the radar. Why because one of the other team’s decided to build that big tower in the middle of a lake for some random living story event. The sad thing about the living story events is in 2-3 weeks after there finished no one cares or remembers them. There not special there not cool and they add nothing to the game except some filler content.

There goal was to do a living story style content like world of Warcraft did (yes wow pioneered it sorry Anet ur not original.) between each expansion. Then they need to make them last months have multiple tier’s and relate directly to the content with extremely nice rewards.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Seems awfully similar to Dalaran…

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Except for the fact it’s older than when Dalaran decided to float away.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Except for the fact it’s older than when Dalaran decided to float away.

Uh, no its not

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

I don’t really think they have a valid plan anymore. The game is literally all over the place with no solid direction. Most the time it feels like they have 5 or 6 team’s that work completely independent of each other creating content that they shoe horn into the game. The wizard tower was most likely a lore idea from one of the team’s that is no longer even on the radar. Why because one of the other team’s decided to build that big tower in the middle of a lake for some random living story event. The sad thing about the living story events is in 2-3 weeks after there finished no one cares or remembers them. There not special there not cool and they add nothing to the game except some filler content.

There goal was to do a living story style content like world of Warcraft did (yes wow pioneered it sorry Anet ur not original.) between each expansion. Then they need to make them last months have multiple tier’s and relate directly to the content with extremely nice rewards.

What are u talking about?? living story being what WoW did? wow’s patches pre-MoP atleast took 5 months or heck much longer than that.. with a fail raid of cata it took them close to an year to get the next update running. WoW milked players, u should know that by now.

Wizard tower is a lore idea from the team that’s no longer on the radar? hopefully ur a troll or u better not write garbage that doesn’t help the post.

Regarding the wizard’s tower, there’s been a lot of speculation that verata and his minions were around the area of the tower in guild wars 1 and considering isgarren has elementals like minions that necro’s have. There’s a good lore on the tower, the elementals are protecting the town below. That part will be untouched untill either the wizard starts some strange stuff or the surroundings (tower of nightmares- though it’s quite far from the wizard’s tower) affect the wizard to act ahead.

The Wizard's Tower

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

If u think about living story 5-6 months from now, imagine there might be different threats over at different places with kraits, scarlet, dragon and many more dangers around the world not counting the new areas on the map that might be unlocked. Regarding the players playing the living story and forgetting whats happened, anet mentioned they’r looking for a way to make the living story more meaningful by giving us in game lore of whats happened till now, but that’s a post for another day.