The best profession patches yet!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Anet absolutely crushed this patch. they addressed almost everything i can think of that had been wrong with some of the professions i use, and the problems i’ve heard on the forums.

The thing that struck me the most was for every class it was almost all huge buffs and hardly any nerfs that i saw, and significant buffs at that. I had kind of been getting the feeling that the first few months of patches were to fix exploits, broken things, and bugs, but patch after patch the professions were getting harder to stomach playing because the nerfs weren’t balanced out with the buffs they deserved.

This patch went buff crazy on many of the important things wrong with the ones I’m most familiar with, Ele, ranger(longbow arrow speed increase!), Engineer (weapon sigils with kits, oh happy day!). They’ve improved all the barely noticeable run speeds, improved revives, made huge increases in damage, And even things i was fine how they were they improved.

Best Patch Ever, thanks Anet!

Posted by: Lex Talionis.5396

Lex Talionis.5396

Anet absolutely crushed this patch. they addressed almost everything i can think of that had been wrong with some of the professions i use, and the problems i’ve heard on the forums.

Necromancer pets.

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

Necromancer pets.

Yeah, this one. Necros did get some love but not where it mattered most, our pets.

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

Necromancer pets.

Yeah, this one. Necros did get some love but not where it mattered most, our pets.

We have pets? Oh that’s right; we do. See, it’s been so long since I’ve had them on my bars that I forgot they even exist…. not to sound snarky lol

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

yeah, loved the 30% damage reduction for grenade kits. That’s just what engineers needed and were asking for. GG Anet!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Necromancer pets.

We have pets? Oh that’s right; we do. See, it’s been so long since I’ve had them on my bars that I forgot they even exist…. not to sound snarky lol

Fwiw, even when/if they fix them, I doubt I’ll go back to using them much.

Posted by: LordNat.4963

LordNat.4963

They removed Engineers from the game in all meaningful ways… There is not a single aspect of the game where the class is even useful anymore.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

They removed Engineers from the game in all meaningful ways… There is not a single aspect of the game where the class is even useful anymore.

So glad I just started playing an engineer up to 25.. I think I’ll shelve it for now and work on a guardian maybe.

Posted by: Netheren.3261

Netheren.3261

My build just got destroyed, it was the one I used in fractals to prove to other profs we were viable and not get auto kicked.

The method they used to remove engies hasnt even taken affect, but those of us who have stuck with this prof till now and tried every variation of the prof IN COMPARISON to other profs, can tell you yeah, this prof is dead.

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

Sorry for dumb question but where can i find patch notes or something? would like to see changes list

Ontopic : Why to put Engi in game first place if you are going to nerf it to 0 ? Had to reroll because of this..

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The thing that struck me the most was for every class it was almost all huge buffs and hardly any nerfs that i saw, and significant buffs at that. I had kind of been getting the feeling that the first few months of patches were to fix exploits, broken things, and bugs, but patch after patch the professions were getting harder to stomach playing because the nerfs weren’t balanced out with the buffs they deserved.

This patch went buff crazy on many of the important things wrong with the ones I’m most familiar with, Ele, ranger(longbow arrow speed increase!), Engineer (weapon sigils with kits, oh happy day!). They’ve improved all the barely noticeable run speeds, improved revives, made huge increases in damage, And even things i was fine how they were they improved.

Guess you don’t play an engineer either, sokay apparently according to Anet no one does. We’re only the customers after all.

Third patch in a row where some kit that wasn’t functioning properly in the first place was nerfed. yeah wtg.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Netheren.3261

Guess you don’t play an engineer either, sokay apparently according to Anet no one does. We’re only the customers after all.

Third patch in a row where some kit that wasn’t functioning properly in the first place was nerfed. yeah wtg.

They actually nerfed all kits.
FT, Tool, Bomb got nerfed as well, they just didnt publicize the numbers.

Engi just got nerfbat. Stats still not applying to boot. Cause they are just so overplayed due to being OP right?

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

You gotta think there are only two employees working on skill balance so don’t ever expect a meaningful update in the future. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment and you won’t be.

Thief update was totally useless and doesn’t address any concerns with the class but w/e like I said expectations and what not.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

You gotta think there are only two employees working on skill balance so don’t ever expect a meaningful update in the future. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment and you won’t be.

Thief update was totally useless and doesn’t address any concerns with the class but w/e like I said expectations and what not.

oh it’s only been three whole months since people started complaining about the glaring issues with this class. Let them do what every other major company with a AAA title has done, hire more people to handle the bugs and balance.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

oh it’s only been three whole months since people started complaining about the glaring issues with this class. Let them do what every other major company with a AAA title has done, hire more people to handle the bugs and balance.

Or, you know, make a PTR so we can test their horrible changes before they get released into the game.. just a thought.

I guess that wouldn’t matter in this case though, since it’s not the updates that were bad but more the lack of updates (in the case of thieves). I won’t speak for other classes..

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

+1, my ranger is a beast. loving this patch.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

My build just got destroyed, it was the one I used in fractals to prove to other profs we were viable and not get auto kicked.

The method they used to remove engies hasnt even taken affect, but those of us who have stuck with this prof till now and tried every variation of the prof IN COMPARISON to other profs, can tell you yeah, this prof is dead.

I thought rangers were the redheaded step child. Does this mean we’ve moved up a notch?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

You clearly don’t play a mesmer.

Netheren.3261

(complete bs quotes)
“hey guys, we need engies to start using stuff other than nades.”
“huh, hold on, busy on my signet warrior soloing Lupi.. ok you were saying? Oh yeah, uh, why man I dont even remember the last time I saw an engi.”
“Yeah, what are engies?”
“Guys guys, listen, engies are saying they dont want to be forced into nades. Sheesh, hold on, prtaling raid into a tower, k, where were we. Oh yeah, so what can we do?”
“Uh well we could like, fix their broken traits, pretty much like every kit/traitline has some major thing wrong with it.”
“hmm that sounds like a lot of work.”
“yeah I know right, hold on, setting up this one hit kill… ok done w00t 2 badges, and back to stealth weeee”
“what if we just nerf those nades? arent those the things that make red circles when we are auto attacking doors in wvw?”
“brilliant, easy too. make it so”

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Engineer turrets still need AI love, or at least a hotkey to focus fire them. In some pve matches (modniir ulgoth and the dragon in sparkfly fen, for example), they are 100% worthless. In the modniir fight they target invulnerable air elementals, ignoring the boss entirely, and in the dragon fight they will not target the dragon at all. Even if nothing else is on the field, they will simply idle rather than shoot it.

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Necromancer pets.

Necros should either stop whining about broken pets, or if they love pets roll a ranger! The only vial pet prof is RANGER! And ranger pets REALLY need SOME LOVE!

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Hah yeah- i don’t play engineer. okay. Mines on 80, i just don’t use a cookie cutter grenade build. Cmon guys have a little bit of creativity.

I use P/S with bomb kit, tool kit, and whatever third utility is appropriate. It’s highly durable and situationally defensive, high aoe, with high stacks of long confusion and then finishing off with good damage. The only time i use grenades is underwater.

As for Necro minions, true they didn’t fix those(but they did give a fix to reanimator which everybody complained about). Again, not a spec i use unless i’m underwater but they gave us other stuff- increase in movement speeds, life steal increases, a more powerful condition removal, and helped out Fear.

And besides just profession fixes, they fixed BLchests from giving out so many stupid tonics, they upped the rate of other stuff and added good new things, they changed the PvP chests to stop handing out bags which were a huge waste of a reward

They did a lot of add blasts, finishers, add combo fields. These are very important, and they did a lot to increase effectiveness of underwater skills

I can tell you that I have a ranger on 80, an engineer on 80, an Elementalist on 80, a thief on 50, A necromancer on 80, and I’ve tried Guardians, Warriors and Mesmers enough to know them well. This is a good patch that gives meaningful changes to traits and skills, not just tool tip changes. Be happy.

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

Seriously were there that many bad engineers focusing only on using grenades “outside” of underwater combat?…Wow…low dmg/ didnt work well outside of pve mobs who can actually dodge and kite outside range…it was only “overly” powerful underwater which is prolly where the nerf was aimed towards…

Its ok bad engineers will keep complaining " omg my class sucks" while the good ones will keep owning lol

Posted by: Lex Talionis.5396

Lex Talionis.5396

As for Necro minions, true they didn’t fix those(but they did give a fix to reanimator which everybody complained about).

People complained about reanimator for reasons other than the pet dying in 6 seconds – namely that the pet was useless for the purpose of dealing damage and ended up a liability in many situation where giving your opponents more targets (for spells to chain between) was actually detrimental to your wellbeing.

The necromancer thread was actually appealing for the removal of the trait entirely so they wouldn’t have to put up with the existence of the pet which locked them into combat.

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

and they decreased the damage on the grenades…most of them poisoned/chilled/blinded etc and didn’t even damage on hit. Now they add damage on the hit for those, and reduce like the 1 skill that damages by 30% and they scream bloody murder, they be killin mah class!

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

As for Necro minions, true they didn’t fix those(but they did give a fix to reanimator which everybody complained about).

People complained about reanimator for reasons other than the pet dying in 6 seconds – namely that the pet was useless for the purpose of dealing damage and ended up a liability in many situation where giving your opponents more targets (for spells to chain between) was actually detrimental to your wellbeing.

The necromancer thread was actually appealing for the removal of the trait entirely so they wouldn’t have to put up with the existence of the pet which locked them into combat.

i understand that. It’s unfortunate there are side effects of the trait, but wouldn’t you say some help for it is better than none. With it dying in less time, it might work better than before (ik it’ll still be bad and a pain in PvP) in absorbing hits meant for you, and like some people had said in that thread that’s like an aegis on your necro for every hit your minion takes

Posted by: Lucky.4263

Lucky.4263

So glad I just started playing an engineer up to 25.. I think I’ll shelve it for now and work on a guardian maybe. [/quote]

id stay away from guardian too if i were u, they buffed our underwater combat (kitten pointless if u ask me, im underwater 5% of my gaming experience)…and stealth nerfed the kitten out of our most viable build (AH)…im goin thief or warr no matter what nerf comes their way they still own on all aspects.

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

id stay away from guardian too if i were u, they buffed our underwater combat (kitten pointless if u ask me, im underwater 5% of my gaming experience)…and stealth nerfed the kitten out of our most viable build (AH)…im goin thief or warr no matter what nerf comes their way they still own on all aspects.

Holy words, Stay away from guards world for now, roll something else.
I was planning to return to play with this patch, but the AH stealth nerf, really dropped my enthusiasm under my shoes.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

i understand that. It’s unfortunate there are side effects of the trait, but wouldn’t you say some help for it is better than none. With it dying in less time, it might work better than before (ik it’ll still be bad and a pain in PvP) in absorbing hits meant for you, and like some people had said in that thread that’s like an aegis on your necro for every hit your minion takes

You would think so. instead its just more time you are forced into combat and more opportunity for bounce attacks to multi-hit you. By making the thing live longer it really exacerbates the problems with it.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Really though, the huge balance patch was 60% water combat updates and a few bug fixes (and engis?…wtf). Let me save you the time on water fixes in the future; Take a dump truck and fill that crap in. Water combat is a horrible gimmick. Can it.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Engineer turrets still need AI love, or at least a hotkey to focus fire them. In some pve matches (modniir ulgoth and the dragon in sparkfly fen, for example), they are 100% worthless. In the modniir fight they target invulnerable air elementals, ignoring the boss entirely, and in the dragon fight they will not target the dragon at all. Even if nothing else is on the field, they will simply idle rather than shoot it.

They need more than AI love – they need more ability to take hits and better damage. It’d be nice if they’d at least scale with gear, considering how much of a part of the game gear is, but they don’t. Shouldn’t need three turrets to match one Flamethrower Kit.

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

I thought rangers were the redheaded step child. Does this mean we’ve moved up a notch?

we’re now the strawberry-blonde stepchild.

Raine.1394

It would be interesting to see a distribution of professions played over time and see the possible effect patches have on them. I’d be willing to bet you would see fewer professions being played due to their “crushed” balancing rather than anything approaching a more even distribution. Not saying even is possible, but more even would be the goal of profession balance, i.e., all professions remain viable in PvE and PvP.

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

They broke the Mesmer …again.

Blub.

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

It would be interesting to see a distribution of professions played over time and see the possible effect patches have on them. I’d be willing to bet you would see fewer professions being played due to their “crushed” balancing rather than anything approaching a more even distribution. Not saying even is possible, but more even would be the goal of profession balance, i.e., all professions remain viable in PvE and PvP.

I wonder if there’s a way to get, say, a timeline chart, regarding the number of people playing each profession, marked at the time of each patch? Anet’re probably the only ones with the data to do so, unless somebody else’s been keeping track…

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Reread the patch notes. Reducing its degeneration means it will be around for longer, not for less time. I’m pleased that “your” classes all got what you perceived as buffs. However, the patch was not overwhelmingly positive to everyone else. As far as Reanimator goes, I’d prefer removing and not replacing it if the only other option is leaving it in.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Holy words, Stay away from guards world for now, roll something else.
I was planning to return to play with this patch, but the AH stealth nerf, really dropped my enthusiasm under my shoes.

AH? What’s that?

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Clearly you dont play a guardian then, we have received nothing but nerfs since the launch of the game and we are now the most broken and by far the most poorly designed class ever.

Its really disgusting that we have an entire trait line completely broken and useless that no player ever uses and nothing has ever been done to fix it.

We are also the only class that has no viable range option.

I honestly dont even want to log on anymore because im so frustrated at how weak guardians are.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I play my guardian just fine, I don’t know why people are claiming it’s the end of the world….

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I play an engineer and the grenade kit was completely ridiculous, it needed a nerf even if they didn’t fix the sigils problem.

If you were one of the engineers that just ran around abusing the grenade kit, you deserve to be disappointed. Yes the Engineer class is currently broken, it isn’t the only class, but abusing the one area broken in your favor is not a solution.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Killul.9685

Killul.9685

I play an engineer and the grenade kit was completely ridiculous, it needed a nerf even if they didn’t fix the sigils problem.

If you were one of the engineers that just ran around abusing the grenade kit, you deserve to be disappointed. Yes the Engineer class is currently broken, it isn’t the only class, but abusing the one area broken in your favor is not a solution.

I sense someone got owned by the grenade kit. The only use of it was for tagging it was for too low damage to be useful it needed buffing not nerfing.

Raine.1394

I play my guardian just fine, I don’t know why people are claiming it’s the end of the world….

I think guardian is one of the better “broken” classes. Yes, traits could be improved. And, yes, they really need something better at range. But, overall they remain one of the most playable professions. I have 5 level 80 professions and guardian is right at the top of my list of playable professions, as opposed to, say, an engineer.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I sense someone got owned by the grenade kit. The only use of it was for tagging it was for too low damage to be useful it needed buffing not nerfing.

You’re senses betray you young padawan. I’ve never had a particular problem with the grenade kit, you win some you lose some, and I personally prefer the Bomb Kit. But in small group skirmishes, WvW or SPvP, it was not even remotely balanced. You basically had to regulate your entire teams positioning constantly just to keep from taking massive condition and power damage, possible, but not something people should have to do in lowbie PvP. And the skill requirement was not high enough to restrict it to upper PvP. And to boot, it still was good enough in single target damage to hold it’s own in 1v1.

And tagging? Really? They don’t balance the game for PvE content they balance it for PvE, it’s usefulness in tagging mobs or DPSing in PvE is irrelevant.

Anybody who is able to take an objective view of the engineer class could see that this kit was out of control, yes the rest of the kits are pretty much kittened. But having ‘one skill to rule them all’ is far worse for a class in the long term than having a myriad of underpowered skills. They’re working on it, this is not the only class that is seriously broken, practice some patience.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

and they decreased the damage on the grenades…most of them poisoned/chilled/blinded etc and didn’t even damage on hit. Now they add damage on the hit for those, and reduce like the 1 skill that damages by 30% and they scream bloody murder, they be killin mah class!

Ya because skill 1 pretty much had no cooldown and was the main attack