The best way to implement Ascended armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

And crafting can be leveled with time (30 minutes a day to do Ori/Ancient wood runs).

And do the 30 minutes a day to mine Ori/Ancient also give you the 60+ globs of ecto and 60+ T6 mats needed to level up one profession?

Champion Farming in Frostgorge does that very quickly. Atm, I have enough Ori, Ecto from salvaging drops and T6 materials to craft another proffesion to 500. I just lack Ancient Wood, they don’t drop from salvaging that often as Ori

The best g/h (and worst fun-wise) activity in the game gets you ascended weapons faster? OMG great discovery!

And @ Alhen, please don’t use the word effort. The only effort you put in to get ascended gear is in enduring running around a map pressing 1 (champ farm) or F (gathering) for hours, get off your high horse.

Not to mention that your whole pathetic excuse for an argument falls flat on his face because, as I’ve posted, I have ascended weapons.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

And crafting can be leveled with time (30 minutes a day to do Ori/Ancient wood runs).

And do the 30 minutes a day to mine Ori/Ancient also give you the 60+ globs of ecto and 60+ T6 mats needed to level up one profession?

If that’s the only thing you do? No of course not.

Are you really expecting to max out on everything in the game, and get the next step up of gear without putting any effort in at all? Without playing the game?

Doing ANYTHING ELSE in the game will get you globs of ecto and T6 mats, are you expecting to sit in LA and just have materials flow into your collection?

Do you and others want to do nothing in the game and be rewarded?

Ahh, the typical brainless strawman “do you really expect to get X for doing nothing” argument. Maybe what they expect iss to be able to do something BESIDES feed the grind to be able to craft one, much less multiples if they have the temerity to roll alts.

Your specious argument is specious.

No, your rebuttal is basically meaningless.

I’m asking, do you expect to get items for literally doing nothing. Because that IS what the opposition is suggesting. There are so many avenues for getting the things that you need to level crafting or get ascended, that honestly the only barrier to entry is effort. If the people who whine about ascended spent as much time in game gathering/crafting as they do whining about it, they’d have full ascended everything at this point.

Also the alt argument is idiotic at best. Ascended gear that you craft is account bound until you equip it, which means you only have to level that craft to 500 once and you are set forever, across your entire account.

Let’s explore. What would happen if you could get exotic gear for PvE the same way you can for sPvP? Ugly default skin, but you can collect fancier skins through different activities. Would you still play? Would anyone? I would.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Posted by: Evo Sapien.5298

Evo Sapien.5298

I had hoped that after being absent from this game due to the devs lying to me and tricking me into purchasing this game, that maybe GW2 had returned to the wonderful game they had promised. But I see the power creep, gear treadmill, nonsense in the ‘game without grind’ is still one of the most notorious examples of false advertisement, lying and outright thievery I have ever had to deal with, outside of being actually mugged in Dublin, Ireland.

Ascended gear now? Sigh. I spent more on this game and gems and just about anyone and it was all a colossal waste of time and money based on a false premise and several lies. I definitely used to pay more a month than if i had a subscription and now I wont even log onto it for free. I dont like being lied to.

Posted by: Khai.6435

Khai.6435

I’d simply be happy if they just kept to Karma to buy gear. A simple system that doesn’t need anything special.

You craft alot get xp and karma per item. PvP/WvW earn karma; Quest earn karma; do dungeons earn karma.

Currently as a commodity it is worthless to me and I have millions.

Make the game as promised.. “play the way you want”

Make ascended expensive; but since “everyone earns karma” just at a different rate; people could do anything; have fun and have the same chance of acquiring itemization; just the rate would be based on your play style.

Tie an achievement to defeating DIFFERENT champions and you will have people cooperating. Why? Because we would earn…. say it with me now.. KARMA.

People would pursue all elements of the game vice locking themselves into 2 zones running endless loops like mindless hamsters on their little ascended wheel.

If everything you truly did moved you on a path to your ascended as far as purchase; and then you combined it with a great quest with both a soloable, party or raid final battle to make it memorable… you may have kept my friends in the game who have departed.

Instead; you are losing us all to older games; or BETAs of those on the horizon.

(edited by Khai.6435)

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

PvE gear needs to come from PvE. If you are going to require buying mats for the gear, the needed gold and/or mats should be obtained from running fractals and nothing more.

It is just bizarre making players farm gold for this stuff. Interacting with the economy is entirely optional until you want your Ascended gear. Then it suddenly becomes your main focus, whether you like it or not.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

If my memory serves right, I think I have 15 million karma. And I play this game on and off.

I think the problem is people stock up on karma, badges etc when they are easy to acquire.

I do think there should be more ways to obtain ascended gear like people suggested.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I had hoped that after being absent from this game due to the devs lying to me and tricking me into purchasing this game, that maybe GW2 had returned to the wonderful game they had promised. But I see the power creep, gear treadmill, nonsense in the ‘game without grind’ is still one of the most notorious examples of false advertisement, lying and outright thievery I have ever had to deal with, outside of being actually mugged in Dublin, Ireland.

Ascended gear now? Sigh. I spent more on this game and gems and just about anyone and it was all a colossal waste of time and money based on a false premise and several lies. I definitely used to pay more a month than if i had a subscription and now I wont even log onto it for free. I dont like being lied to.

Your whole life is a lie.