The big box of suggestions - v1.0

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CookieNoodle.6503

CookieNoodle.6503

I just added a huge post of things I believe that the game needs – that would benefit gamers and ANET alike. If this is in the wrong part of the forum (suggestions does not exists anymore) then please just move the post.

Housing

Five houses for each race ( duh ) -
General
1. Standard house ( two rooms )
2. Deluxe house ( four rooms )
3. Exclusive house ( six rooms and a wine cellar )
4. Extra room = 500 gems
Each step upwards will also add a bigger garden

Housing Broker
Sells regular furniture such as chairs, beds and paintings
Sells gardening seeds for maple trees, snow trees, sylvari light trees and so on

Garden
Standard housing spot includes 4 gathering spots
1 spot = 4 squares
In gathering spots – you may grow your own seeds that you buy from the furnisher broker; grow your own trees and plants! – Exclusive seeds may be bougt in BL store

Gem Store
So that Anet can make big bucks out of this:
Exclusive furniture such as awesome beds and so on.
Exclusive plants and trees
Butlers and maids/golems in your house – bringing you tea! Your personal Alfred!

My personal view on the houses:

DR – Regular Krytan looking house/Regular medieval type human house
The Grove – Pod that it being lifted up by big roots – hop into a pod hanger to access
Rata Sum – Big asuran like architecture square house with those wonderful fish windows. Long sentence ^. The house hovers like Rata Sum and is accessible by walking up a hovering bridge/ladder
Outside Hoelbraak – Typical norn house in the woods

Someone add charr house? XD

Gem store items

Cane: Tree types
Wooden stick : looks like Yodas cane for the hermits out there
Regular stick : Like a regular old mans stick
Elegant stick : For the noblemen out there
Asuran Techy stick : Like a regular stick but a bit more techy
Groovy stick : It’s not groovy but it’s from the grove. Roots bind around it
All sticks share the same costume brawl skill:
1: BASH
2: Spin the cane
walking with the cane leaves you out of combat and adds another walking animation, like the broom and other toys does.

Pipe
Might be an issue because you’d have to add the ‘’ contains tobacco ’’ disclaimer but oh well.

Regular pipe – removes combat skills
Skills added:
1. Breathe out smoke
2: Smoke ring
3: Smoke dragon
4: Smoke triangle
5: Smoke ship ( inspiration from Gandalf )

Sorry for big post.

(edited by CookieNoodle.6503)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m not a big fan of player housing simply because I don’t care to see resources dedicated to it at this time when there is so much more that needs to be done. While some may like player housing I don’t see the point. So you get your little house, decorate it, basically play a dumbed down version of The Sims, then what?

> Whisper to someone on friends list

“Hey buddy, come check out my house.”
“I’m a bit busy working on my legendary, maybe later”
“No really come check it out.”
“Sigh, okay”

> Friend walks in and looks around

“Cool story bro. I have to go now.”

> Player with the house stands around looking at his beds and pictures or whatever, then what?

If it were a separate team working on it or there were not such a need for other things like new dungeons, new permanent zones, new PvP maps and so forth, then go for it. Until then I wouldn’t like to see it a priority because IMO housing has very limited use and even less long term value.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

CookieNoodle.6503

Completely understand your point! I did mean that a different team would work on this – not the ones already busy with things that indeed needs to be added desperatly.

CookieNoodle.6503

This post is more for further use, when the team has more time to work on these kinds of things, see my point’?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

This post is more for further use, when the team has more time to work on these kinds of things, see my point’?

Oh, I wasn’t trying to be confrontational. I just wanted to share my opinion on the matter. I can see where some people would enjoy it for RP and what not. I just don’t think player housing has longterm value. I feel the same way about SAB. It is very popular for a limited time but it isn’t really GW2. While I hope they do bring it back at some point for the people that enjoy it and make it permanent, I don’t care to see resources dedicated to it.

The Burninator

Posted by: Gany.1793

Gany.1793

Considering we already have a home district, I think it would be best to simply give the player’s a house in their home district.

It would also be nice to be able to take some of those things we have gathered through the game, such as Pol and Zephyrite Sanctum Model and Scarlet’s Diary, and turn them into house items that we can display in there.

Additionally, adding in housing items to crafting professions would be nice as well, such as Tailors can make window treatments and rugs…chefs can make paints to change colors on objects, jewlers can make things like candelsticks, chandeliers and clocks….huntsman can make wooden furniture….armorsmiths can make metal furniture…ect.

it would also be nice to create various mystic forge reciepies for other housing goods that you don’t even need a crafter to make.

then there is also the matter of housing limits…..can a player only have 100 items in their house,or can they have a million?

There should also be introduced a number of things that can be displayed in your house to show your accomplishments….something for each of the master crafters…perhaps, taking a page from everquest, lore books…say for every map completion and/or for every title. After all, just cause you say you have been there and done that….where’s the proof?

There is a ton that could be worked into house as it developes, but a basic framework of how it will work is what anet would need to decide first.

And yes, imho, this is a long term issue, not a short term issue, though I have been wanting this since launch. I rarely ever go into my home instance….this would help to give me a reason to do so.

CookieNoodle.6503

I love the idea of crafting furniture and such! It brings the homelovers much more work to work with! Great idea for those who is also done with most parts of the game!

CookieNoodle.6503

Oh, I wasn’t trying to be confrontational. I just wanted to share my opinion on the matter. I can see where some people would enjoy it for RP and what not. I just don’t think player housing has longterm value. I feel the same way about SAB. It is very popular for a limited time but it isn’t really GW2. While I hope they do bring it back at some point for the people that enjoy it and make it permanent, I don’t care to see resources dedicated to it.

Well, it’s best as a long term thing! But it’s great that you share your views and the opinion on the matter- I mean this is a community afterall!

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

@ CookieNoodle

You just want to walk around with a pimp cane and smoke a pipe, don’t you? Thats the real reason for all of this!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

We have player housing it just needs fixing up, it’s called Eye of the North.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

> Player with the house stands around looking at his beds and pictures or whatever, then what?

This is how player housing ends up pretty much 100% of the time. It’s omg something we all want and is amazing. But a) you don’t care about looking at other people’s houses, or if you do, you do it once then stop caring and b) you design your house, stand in it, look around, then shrug your shoulders and leave.

It’s a lot of time and money developing a feature that sounds great on paper but quickly becomes boring in implementation. You will have fun with your house for about as long as a typical LS event. How many people do you think care about what style chair or table they have, will spend money or gold on exclusive decorations, or will seek out content that rewards decorations for a house that no one sees but you unless you beg them to come check out your awesome house that they could care less about.

Maybe I’m not in the majority here, but if most players are like me, they will see housing as merely a novelty that will rarely be utilized to the extent the proponents of housing want to see.

We can wait to see how popular WSO’s player housing is. My guess is it will be praised for being amazing and then find out that no one really cares about it after the novelty wears off.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Very nice suggestions CookieNoodle.6503

You and Kartel.2561 should collaborate.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ideas-for-Guild-Halls-GvG-Housing/first#post4112019

CookieNoodle.6503

@ CookieNoodle

You just want to walk around with a pimp cane and smoke a pipe, don’t you? Thats the real reason for all of this!

Schh! No one may know my true intentions!
BTW – we also need a big purple hat and a coat!

CookieNoodle.6503

This is how player housing ends up pretty much 100% of the time. It’s omg something we all want and is amazing. But a) you don’t care about looking at other people’s houses, or if you do, you do it once then stop caring and b) you design your house, stand in it, look around, then shrug your shoulders and leave.

It’s a lot of time and money developing a feature that sounds great on paper but quickly becomes boring in implementation. You will have fun with your house for about as long as a typical LS event. How many people do you think care about what style chair or table they have, will spend money or gold on exclusive decorations, or will seek out content that rewards decorations for a house that no one sees but you unless you beg them to come check out your awesome house that they could care less about.

Maybe I’m not in the majority here, but if most players are like me, they will see housing as merely a novelty that will rarely be utilized to the extent the proponents of housing want to see.

We can wait to see how popular WSO’s player housing is. My guess is it will be praised for being amazing and then find out that no one really cares about it after the novelty wears off.

I appreciate the time you spent writing your replies! However, I must disagree. I’ve played several MMO’s such as: SWG, Runescape, LOTRO and so on, and people still loves these features of the game. Not everyone of course, but a big bunch! It’s as lots of us can agree – not the most important feature, but important nevertheless. But I do understand your point of view, and I agree that it’s defiantly not the biggest priority right now.

CookieNoodle.6503

Very nice suggestions CookieNoodle.6503

You and Kartel.2561 should collaborate.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ideas-for-Guild-Halls-GvG-Housing/first#post4112019

Gonna look it up, thanks