The choice is yours to make.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

Everything in the world has a price. Market forces set prices. If a product or service is too expensive then less people buy it and it goes out of business. The customer always has the choice.

If you don’t pay, then you don’t get the product. Simple as that. Complaining on a forum will never change prices.

So you have the choice – If you deem the product too expensive – keep your money, or shop elsewhere. But remember – the choice was yours to make.

I made my choice, and I get to play Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

On the other hand, any decent business prefers that an unhappy customer expresses themselves rather than just quietly ceasing to be a customer.

But yes, the rage and derision both sides are heaping on each other is ridiculous. Everyone will decide whether the price is worth it or not for themselves, and that will add up to satisfying or unsatisfying sales for ArenaNet, who will then adjust accordingly.

I made my choice, and my family and I will be playing Heart of Thorns when it goes on deep discount.

For now, we get to play Marvel Heroes.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

It depends. Prices are not set in stone.

If buyers have enough leverage to convince a (monopolistic) seller to lower their price, then the price goes down.
If sellers have enough leverage to convince buyers to pay a higher price, then the price goes up.
Sometimes buyers and seller haggle, until they find a price they both agree on.

The base game has not always had the same price from launch until now. As products get older, their market value tends to decrease. Heart of Thorns is a way to renew the value of Guild Wars 2 as a marketable product, starting the cycle again, which keeps ArenaNet in business and allows all of us to continue playing Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

On the other hand, any decent business prefers that an unhappy customer expresses themselves rather than just quietly ceasing to be a customer.

But yes, the rage and derision both sides are heaping on each other is ridiculous. Everyone will decide whether the price is worth it or not for themselves, and that will add up to satisfying or unsatisfying sales for ArenaNet, who will then adjust accordingly.

I made my choice, and my family and I will be playing Heart of Thorns when it goes on deep discount.

For now, we get to play Marvel Heroes.

This is my point exactly. Everyone can decide if the price is okay for them or not. For me the price is okay – it’s within my gaming budget. I like GW2 and play it everyday, So for me it’s good value.

Posted by: Channel.9402

Channel.9402

Everything in the world has a price. Market forces set prices. If a product or service is too expensive then less people buy it and it goes out of business. The customer always has the choice.
If you don’t pay, then you don’t get the product. Simple as that. Complaining on a forum will never change prices.
So you have the choice – If you deem the product too expensive – keep your money, or shop elsewhere. But remember – the choice was yours to make.

So why are you concern about people complaining the price+free base game issue? The forum is for people to voice up and not for people to shut up.

So far anet staff have issue statement that our feedback on this will be relay to the team, does that sound like nothing to you?

And if our concern is somehow heard and address properly, will you lose anything? I’d say ur “purchase” will be boosted or improve.

So why are you asking people to shut up and stop complaining? Just because people have a different opinion? Is blind faith in a game/company so important that any criticism should be silence?

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

The only reality of this situation is that years from now, no one can really say how many, but when the game’s population has dwindled, and maintaining it becomes a loss, the pricing scheme of this expansion won’t be remembered in a positive light.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

I fail to see the point of this post. You’re basically telling people things they already know. Unless you’re flame-baiting, which seems more likely.
All you’ve proven is that you have very low standards for games, and are willing to drop as much money as possible for as little as possible. That’s not really something to be proud of.

People have the right to complain, and if you think that has never done anything before… well, you haven’t lived much, and at the very least, haven’t followed very many games.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

Posted by: Channel.9402

Channel.9402

How gullible can a player/supporter be when the people are posting video like this