The class with the most burning burst?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Just a quick question: which class in what set up does the most potent burning stacking in a quick succession?

I am interested in doing a burn build for PvE and WWW. Have all class at 80.

Main thanks!

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Condi ranger and burn guardians.

Ele burning is good too. However, it only works with bad player in PvP since it requires the opponent to walk in and out of the ring multiple times.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Just a quick question: which class in what set up does the most potent burning stacking in a quick succession?

I am interested in doing a burn build for PvE and WWW. Have all class at 80.

Main thanks!

For PvE its Engi, Ele, Guard, in that order, hence yo usee so many engis in dungeons nowadays, its also a lot of fun to play in addition to being effective.

PvP and WvW burn builds are also completely different. Or rather larger group vs roaming and spvp.

I like my Engi best for PvE. For WvW as well out of burn builds, though its of course higher utility and less damage. Burn Guards in WvW roaming are ok, but in groups when you pick all those burn traits you basically negate the entire point of having a guard in the 1st place. Also does not work well with large scale battle lag. Engi works still cause still delivers large portion of its damage as power based even in a burn build, basically your FT1 will do same thing as staff 1 on guards.

Ele is somewhere between the 2, and of course, you will default to staff while in larger group, unless you dont run organized and just text chat pug. Ele can still provide good team utility while in a hybrid burn build.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

on inmobile targets like bosses ranger burning stacking is insane double A/T and abuse quick draw to quickly use torch 5. then just rotate axe 2, torch 4, torch 5 (only with quick draw) sun spirit, fire trap and entangle as they come off CD

my highest burn stack on the unkillable dummie has been 20 (5k dmg per tick) and 12 bleed stacks (3k per tick)

(edited by Tora.7214)

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Burning Fighting Fighter

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Engi.

Can apply 7 stacks of burning easily every few seconds.

Oh My God.8423

Yes, I have been running a sinister A/T trap sun-spirit ranger lately. I have to say I am rather impress with the result. And indeed moving target is a bit of a problem but not a big one really.

The main reason I asked is because I want to experience other class(es) and build(s) to see if I can get similar or better result.

Can someone recommend me a build for Guardian and Ele? My Engineer is going through a all-spectrum condi renovation. I may re-spec my Berserker Guard and Ele.

Thanks again!

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

A good way to do agaisnt movile targets in pvp is start with entangle or spider root before landing the bomb

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Engi.

You playing it wrong its 22 stacks what I tried:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Since it’s BWE1, do try Tempest for burning.

Variation for Rabid: http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgABWATYBlQ~
Utilities: Signet of Fire, Feel the Burn, Arcane Brilliance, Glyph of Storm or Shock and Aftershock, FGS.

You need to stack Might and Fury before burst. Use Dust Devil to Blind the enemies so you can tank them inside your fire field. Use Overload (Fire) in your fire field for more burning bolt, then use Drake Breath/ Burning Speed and Feel the Burn when they are off cool down. Use Signet of Fire whenever. Use FGS for more AoE damage.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Engi.

You playing it wrong its 22 stacks what I tried:-)

The 7 stacks every few seconds can easily be maintained tho.

You can get 22-23 stacks if traited (with Firearms grandmaster Incendiary Powder) and you blow your load completely.

Precast Bomb kit #2 – Fire Bomb + Toolbelt – Incendiary ammo + Toolbelt – Throw Napalm (fire field) + Flamethrower #4 – Napalm (fire field) + Flamethrower #1 – Flame Jet (Autoattack) + Flame turret

Nothing can survive that without heavy and repeated condition cleansing…

…and you guys throught burn guardian was op. :P

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Just a quick screenshot from tequatl a couple days ago on my burn engi. Keep in mind on teq i’m downscaled, not at max level, so this would be a lot more. i get some unreal numbers in silverwastes on the final even bosses.

Attachments:

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Just a quick screenshot from tequatl a couple days ago on my burn engi. Keep in mind on teq i’m downscaled, not at max level, so this would be a lot more. i get some unreal numbers in silverwastes on the final even bosses.

Yep.
Nothing wrong with burning.
It’s just a bit over performing,just as getting stepped on by an elephant is a bit painful.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Oh My God.8423

So… which has higher burn-dps: burning Ele or burning Engi?

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

You do know the flamethrower #1 is accumulative, right? It will keep adding up until is interrupted. Same thing with mesmer greatsword #1. If you sit there auto attacking can easily get more than 200.000 from accumulated damage overall.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

That’s not burn but the total damage since you started channeling your auto attack.

IrisTheCasual.3742

Since when condi damage crit? lol

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Get rekt son.

Attachments:

IrisTheCasual.3742

Ranger condi can get some very good burst. This is what I have when experimenting the condi build in fotm 50 (solo with fury and no vuln/might cap).

Attachments:

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

Warrior has 3 Skills for Burning

Longbow Autoattack, 2 Stacks per Hit
Fan of Fire 3 Stacks in Melee Range
Combustive Shot Burst Skill 5 Stacks in AoE

You can have 4-10 Stacks of Burning at Melee Range constant with Longbow Only without axe whirl because the Maximum recharge time is has the Burst Skill with 8s.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Engi:
Incendiary Ammo: 2 stacks of burning for the next 3 hits
Incendiary Powder: 2stacks every 10s
Blowtorch: 3 stacks
Fire Bomb: 1 stack/tick up to 4 stacks
Napalm: 1 stack/tick up to 5 stacks(10s duration but 2.5 base duration on the burn so 5% max duration on burn so 5 stacks max but will hold that 5 over the second half of the 10s duration before begining to fall).

So 20 potential stacks right there. I’ve heard 22 but I think that requires AIr Blast which I’m not sure is worthwhile but potentially, I often save it for the reflect element or CC element personally.

I’ve get up to ~12k per tick pretty regularly within good groups keeping stable might/vuln presence.