The costs of a balanced economy

The costs of a balanced economy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

I understand not wanting to build yet another skinner box game but without any real incentive to kill standard level mobs the emergent game-play is nonexistent. High level zones are abandoned with only the occasional zerg rolling through for the reset trains. I don’t think this is what the development team wanted to happen to the world at large.

They really really need to give a reason for people to be out and about in the world. To give people something to do.

Edit: Figured I might as well add a couple suggestions. Disclaimer these are not any deeply though out suggestions, just a few things that came to mind with a couple moments of thought

1. Give people the ability to buy tier 5/6 mats with skillpoints: Makes skill challenges actually worth something to a higher level player and makes continued play rewarding.
2. Give events unique rare drops at completion: Could follow the black lion ticket scrap model for acquisition giving a bonus for events that haven’t been completed often.
3. Add more “lottery” items similar to dyes: Everyone loves getting a dye drop! Its a chance at something valuable (can’t believe you are removing these!). This creates a skinner box response but without a heavy economic impact.

I don’t know, at some point you have to loosen the economic purse strings a bit so that an actual game can emerge. Currently they are so tight they are strangling it to death.

(edited by Kadin.2356)