The drop rate for Dragonite Ore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

… seems to be a bit sub par.

I know some of my friends have thousands of dragonite and little mats of the other two. Maybe an ascended merch with a trade ratio of 4:1 or something would help.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It is fine. Different materials drop from different kinds of content.

If you need Dragonite Ore, you will have to do the things that drop Dragonite Ore.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragonite_ore

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Ascended materials conversion has been suggested many-many times because different people prefer doing different content and would be happy to convert them even at a discriminating exchange rate. I for one am drowning in dragonite but have very little empyreal.

20 level 80s and counting.

mtpelion.4562

Ascended materials conversion has been suggested many-many times because different people prefer doing different content and would be happy to convert them even at a discriminating exchange rate. I for one am drowning in dragonite but have very little empyreal.

Trick for Empyreal:

Take your alts and park them at the Morgan’s Spiral Jumping Puzzle chest. Every day, log into each alt and open the chest.

You’ll be rolling in fragments with no effort.

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Looking over that list makes me think they need to drop from more places.

Guild challenge can only be done once a week. And the WvW drops are only from taking Stonemist Castle or a Keep. The LS and low lvl meta events drop 1-5.

So doing high lvl orr meta events is the only real source, which get’s boring.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

When I need dragonite, I jump on the world meta train. Do the Karka Queen and two or three temples along with kitten and Jormag and it is an easy 300 dragonite a day if not more.

Hjorje

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Guild challenge can only be done once a week. And the WvW drops are only from taking Stonemist Castle or a Garrison. The LS and low lvl meta events drop 1-5.

Working as intended. Orr temples and the Orr event chains were intended as a big part of this game’s endgame content. While I’d love to get all of the “needed” Ascended mats by soloing group events in empty zones, it’s not in the cards. ANet wants players to herd together and do their “big” events.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Guild challenge can only be done once a week. And the WvW drops are only from taking Stonemist Castle or a Keep. The LS and low lvl meta events drop 1-5.

Believe me, if you take the time to do world events (using a timer) for just 2 hours, you will get more dragonite ore then any the amount of bloodstone dust you get from doing 2 hours of champtrain in FS or the amount of Fragments you get when doing 2 hours of dungeons. It’s clear that you don’t like doing world events (judging o nthe amount you got) but some others don’t like champtrains or don’t like dungeons. The purpose for ascended armor is that you need to do all (PvE) elements of the game.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Trick for Empyreal:

Take your alts and park them at the Morgan’s Spiral Jumping Puzzle chest. Every day, log into each alt and open the chest.

In that same vein, I recommend the Southsun Cove JP at Pearl Islet. Super easy and all characters can teleport straight there from the Southsun portal in LA. No joke I think the fastest I’ve completed that JP was somewhere around 17-19secs, it’s that easy, and no monsters around.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

… seems to be a bit sub par.

Don’t worry, ANET has read your statement as is preparing to nerf the drop rates of crystals and stars to “bring them more into line” with Dragonite Ore.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

If you refuse to do events that drop dragonite ore, then you don’t deserve dragonite ore

Posted by: RedShipRaider.9560

RedShipRaider.9560

If you need Dragonite Ore, you will have to do the things that drop Dragonite Ore.

And by ‘things that drop dragonite ore’, he means ‘bore your face off with mind numbingly simple and repetitive world boss and temple zerging’. I hope that you are able to play at 0000 GMT, because if you are not able to jump on the server reset train this is a rather time consuming grind.

I really thought that GW2 was supposed to be a game about playing to have fun, not being forced into monotonous grinds in order to advance.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Nerf Dragonite drop please .. i have much more Dragonite than bloodstone, and since they already nerfed Bloodstone, since it is soooo hard for players to destroy them, now nerf Dragonite .. since i have soo much ankitten ot able to destroy it.

What i want to say : STOP the crying for nerfs of bloodstone, since not everyone kills champs all days.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Trick for Empyreal:

Evil but brilliant….

Vol.7601

Trick for Empyreal:

Evil but brilliant….

It’s even better to park them at the LA pirates puzzle. That puzzle has the best chest in the game and the largest loot table.

All you need is a mesmer to port all your characters up.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Believe me, if you take the time to do world events (using a timer) for just 2 hours, you will get more dragonite ore then any the amount of bloodstone dust you get from doing 2 hours of champtrain in FS or the amount of Fragments you get when doing 2 hours of dungeons. It’s clear that you don’t like doing world events (judging o nthe amount you got) but some others don’t like champtrains or don’t like dungeons. The purpose for ascended armor is that you need to do all (PvE) elements of the game.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragonite_Ore

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empyreal_Fragment

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pile_of_Bloodstone_Dust

After glancing over those, in my honest opinion I think the problem is more that events don’t give you freedom on how much ore you get. I mean if you look at Tequatl, for example, I imagine a lot of people would agree that Tequatl is harder than any of the bosses within that tier. However Tequatl only drops 15-25 ore per kill, for the effort. On the other hand you have The temple priests. Some of them are pretty tedious like Balthazar and Lyssa. But the rest, aren’t really that hard, in some cases for a long the thy were solo-able. Yet they give more than Tequatl despite the effort being waaaaaay less.

I think they should make the drop rates for dragonite more consistent. Rather than having multiple drop rate tiers, just make them all drop within the same bounds.

I ? Karkas.

mtpelion.4562

It’s even better to park them at the LA pirates puzzle. That puzzle has the best chest in the game and the largest loot table.

Hmmm… I wonder who that Mesmer might be?

lol

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Trick for Empyreal:

Evil but brilliant….

I did not know that. I usually get crappy drops from the jumping puzzle in Sylvari land.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

mtpelion.4562

I picked Morgan’s Spiral because it was easy to get to, easy to do, and pays out 6-9 Empyreal Fragments per character per day.

I don’t recall the number of fragments from the pirate JP in LA, is it comparable?

Vol.7601

Hmmm… I wonder who that Mesmer might be?

lol

Charging 20s per port pre-patch.

Charging 5G per port post-patch (since it’s dangerous)

$$$$$$

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Since I have thousands of Dragonites sitting on my alt mules, I await for the day when I can sell these on the TP.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I do dungeons, and now I have as many empyreal as bloodstones. I do hope that dragonite can drop from all the elite mobs, even 1 per kill would be sufficient.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Smooth Penguin.5294

I do dungeons, and now I have as many empyreal as bloodstones. I do hope that dragonite can drop from all the elite mobs, even 1 per kill would be sufficient.

That’s a bad idea actually. The drop rates of Dragonites are generous enough as is. If you add them to Champs, we’d actually have to destroy the overstock when we run out of space.

Iris Ng.9845

Elite mobs, as in the silver ones, are usually found in dungeons. Those are often nastier than the gentle champs (gold plated ones) in Queensdale and Frostgorge Sound champ trains. And 1 per kill isn’t much but an incentive to people not to skip mobs in dungeons.

Fact: Bloodstone dust drops in 5-15 piles per champ bag, which causes the overstock.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Smooth Penguin.5294

If we’re overflowing with Dragonites already, adding a 1 per drop to Champs will only compound that problem.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

If we’re overflowing with Dragonites already, adding a 1 per drop to Champs will only compound that problem.

He suggested adding them to elites, not to champs.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

That feeling =\

Attachments:

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So, point is, if you’re “overflowing” with Dragonite ore, you’re doing content that gives Dragonite. Which means either doing some of the lucrative content (Marionette fight’s been good to me), or watching boss timers to show up at their semi-random event times (I loathe it, personally, but whatever works…).

I’d rather not be relying on 3rd party content just to get something the game strongly hints that I should have.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Smooth Penguin.5294

He suggested adding them to elites, not to champs.

That would be worse, since Elites outnumber Champs. The game has a very good supply of Dragonite as it is. They even boosted the drop rates in a recent update.

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

I’m not really the person to do world bosses like a madman but i managed to gather over 2k dragonite ore by now, i don’t really see the issue. if you want dragonite ore do some Wb’s occasionally.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

World bosses are unstable (not always up, must check external sites to find bosses/temples up, not always sufficient players willing to complete them) and, quite frankly, boring. The only other ways to obtain dragonites are guild missions (some of them, and time gated) and WvW (small amounts). At least players who lack Empyreal fragments have decent options (dungeons, fractals, jumping puzzle/open world chests).

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I’m drowning in all three of those mats, and I don’t even play that much. I don’t want to destroy them, because one day I might actually try to get my crafting to 500 and craft ascended equipment. But as it is now, I find it to be just way too kitten expensive to even think about it.

Edit: That means I find the droprate for all of those mats to be fine as they are.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

2000 ore only equals four ascended weapons so having stacks of the ore is fine until you start making things with it. I have completed 4 ascended weapons but am 40 dragonite short of a fifth (not a big deal, I don’t need it).

For players who are at 500 in their respective disciplines and have multiple alts/main toons, dragonite can and will evaporate very quickly. I don’t think the drop rates should be adjusted up or down, I think they got it right when they buffed WvW lords a little a couple patches ago.

Bloodstone and Empyreal, however, drop too much. I have 50 bricks of bloodstone and another 3500 that I don’t want to convert because of the cost of thermo-whatchacallit. Same with Empyreal, I have enough stars for 10 weapons but am tired of wasting 14+ silver to make room so I shifted all of my inventory to a toon I am using as a bank.

They really need a converter…I would pay 1200 gems for a converter…..

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I got like 150+ dragonite bars, 150+ empyeral stars, 350+ bloodstone bars. I think all 3 of them come in plenty

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

The real cost that limits me from folding this stuff into ingots/stars/bricks is obsidian shards. I am down to a little over 100k karma and still have entire bank tabs full of stacks of ascended mats, and this is after already crafting 7 ascended weapons and preparing enough vision crystals for a whole set of ascended armor.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

In other words: make yourself 4-5 lvl 80s making sure to unlock WPs at: Orrian Temples, Shatterer, Golem Mark II, Claw of Jormag etc, grind them whenever they spawn wasting like 10 hours x day, in a week you’ll get enough Dragonite for 1 weapon…

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Anet should put into Mystic Forge Recipes, that allows players to turn in Blood Stone Dust and Empyreal Shards to changed these T7 Materials into Dragonite Ore.

We get way too much Bloodstone Dust and Empyreal Shards in the Game…

The Game needs more options to make use of the Dust and Shards in small amounts.

Blood Stone Dust and Empyreal Shards should be imo used for Jeweler 500 Recipes to improve Sigils and Runes to Ascended Sigils/Runes and or to improve weaker Sigils/Runes to higher versions via Mystic Forge.

Lesser Sigil of Fire + 50 Empyreal Shards + Item X + Item Y = Major Sigil of Fire
Major Sigil of Fire + 150 Empyreal Shards + X +Y = Superior Sigil of Fire
Superior Sigil of Fire + 250 Empyreal Shards + X +Y = Ascended Sigil of Fire

Lesser Rune of Fire + 50 Bloodstone Dust + Item X + Item Y = Major Rune of Fire
Major Rune of Fire + 150 Bloodstone Dust + X +Y = Superior Rune of Fire
Superior Rune of Fire + 250 Bloodstone Dust + X +Y = Ascended Rune of Fire

^ so simple could it be and we would have more ways to get rid of the heavy amounts of Bloodstone Dust and Empyreal Shards, that come together quicker in lots of Stacks, than you can use them up, if you haven’t a hifgh enough Crafting Job Level…

in my opinion it would be also best, if Players start to receive T7 Materials also first only, once they have at least 1 Character at Level 80 that played through the game.
imo this should be a prerequisite to become able to get the best materials, otherwise its possible to collect these materials already from begin on.. something NAet absolutely didn#t care about, that this seems to be a kind of flaw by design of T7 Mats…

The best Materials shouldn’t be able to receive right from the begin on

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Iris Ng.9845

In other words: make yourself 4-5 lvl 80s making sure to unlock WPs at: Orrian Temples, Shatterer, Golem Mark II, Claw of Jormag etc, grind them whenever they spawn wasting like 10 hours x day, in a week you’ll get enough Dragonite for 1 weapon…

Yes, this method is very rewarding… :\

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

I don’t understand how anyone can think this, ive been tossing out dragonite by the stack. It drops WAY too much, i already have enough bricks to gear up all 8 of my chars in ascended if i ever wanted too and i have random stacks cluttering up all my chars. If anything drop rate needs to be lowered to about a fifth of what it is now. I don’t even know where empyreal shards drop, i think i have like zero.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Yes, this method is very rewarding… :\

I don’t grind world events for 10 hours a day, and I have more dragonite ore than I can ever use. I laugh at people in map chat that complain about how rare it is, and then I link the 17 stacks I carry on my main. That doesn’t include the 750 in the bank, the 170 ingots I crafted, the probably 30 stacks in my bank, and all the stacks on my alts. (my Mesmer alt has 7 stacks of 250, and 1 stack of 154). If we could sell it on the trading post, it’d be the new silk scraps: worth absolutely nothing.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Not to mention 116 Bloodstone Bricks and 27 Empyreal Stars.

Attachments:

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

And by ‘things that drop dragonite ore’, he means ‘bore your face off with mind numbingly simple and repetitive world boss and temple zerging’. I hope that you are able to play at 0000 GMT, because if you are not able to jump on the server reset train this is a rather time consuming grind.

I really thought that GW2 was supposed to be a game about playing to have fun, not being forced into monotonous grinds in order to advance.

You can easily do Melandru/Lyssa/Dwayna/Grenth with less than 10 people, and for Lyssa it’s even easier.
And let’s not forget Mark II.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Trick for Empyreal:

Probably can’t beat flipping in EotM.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

You dont really make sense, you call it a repetitive and simple zerg, then you want to do it via zerg, though every one of these aside from lyssa can be down with 5-10 men and not be repetitive simple zergs.
It also requires very little actual boss kills to get per ascended item, heck for most armor you only need 200 per, which is essentially 6-7 events, over like 4 days minimum.

7 events which often take less than 7 minutes, over 4 days, with 7 choices for boss can hardly be called a grind.

and honestly an adventure game needs to have different rewards/reasons to do different things in the world. The game would be boring and souless as heck if every task gave the same things in the same amounts no matter where you go or what you do, and you trade that to some guy to buy everything you want.

No reason to explore, no reason to do anything different, or difficult. killing skelk outside queensdale gives the same thing as finding and exploring the deepest darkest caves, beating the most difficult dungeons, or killing the epic bosses.

i think your way would be a much worse design

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

or you could Guest to a server Like Maguuma and join us for our daily boss trains at server reset I get at least a stack a day.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I got tons of everything. But I have way way more dragonite ore than anything else. I don’t see a problem at all.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I don’t understand how anyone can think this, ive been tossing out dragonite by the stack. It drops WAY too much, i already have enough bricks to gear up all 8 of my chars in ascended if i ever wanted too and i have random stacks cluttering up all my chars. If anything drop rate needs to be lowered to about a fifth of what it is now. I don’t even know where empyreal shards drop, i think i have like zero.

Flawless. Logic.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

If you have enough dragonite ore, you’re zerging boss events (which requires less than no skill).
That does absolutely not fit the word ‘ascended’. We should get dragonite ore for playing skillful. Lupicus could reward maybe 25 ore, 25 if killed solo, 5 if killed in a 5 men group. World bosses should reward 25, but 25 all together. So if more than 5 players were participating, each one only gets less than five. Additinally add extremely hard fights to the game. Put the Risen High Priest of Arah into an instance and make him reward 50 dragonite ore. And maybe some even harder tiers to drop up to 250 dragonite ore.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Or instead of trolling those of us who would not even notice let alone shed 1 single tear if world event metas vanished totally… I say leave the higher tier ones and make the lower tiers worth more…

And quit crying about how much space your thousands of dragonite takes…delete it if you have that much because clearly you seem to care some about that content.
Or you could push anet to release conversion merchants or let us trade on the AH for it. Hey, I’ll even sell you some empy/bloodstone so your alts arent stuck camping JPs permanently for your empy.