The end game reimagined. Thoughts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaine.3501

Kaine.3501

I have my own opinions about “The End Game Reimagined” but I wanted to know what yours are. I will say this…I LOVE the game but have not leveled to 80 yet so I cannot speak on the end game content…however I have a lot of experience with MMO’s and I know that you do not want to see your highest level characters (most of whom have large guilds of friends) getting bored.

Server: Kaineng
Name: “Kaide” (Kaine is just the account name)

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

In my opinion this wave of complaints about “end game” are coming mostly from the hard-core “gotta-max-level-asap” crowd who rushed through a game that wasn’t designed to be rushed through.

It’s like opening the box to Monopoly, picking the race car, stacking all the money and properties in front of you and placing hotels all over the place and then complaining that the game is completely lacking in substance.

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

In my opinion this wave of complaints about “end game” are coming mostly from the hard-core “gotta-max-level-asap” crowd who rushed through a game that wasn’t designed to be rushed through.

It’s like opening the box to Monopoly, picking the race car, stacking all the money and properties in front of you and placing hotels all over the place and then complaining that the game is completely lacking in substance.

Pretty much this. The game is meant to scale horizontally not vertically (gear treadmill) and those that are accustomed to the typical MMO games just realized this game is not like that. Most of those players didn’t realize that was the whole philosophy and don’t know “what to do” at end game. It’s actually kind of funny.

Its hard to break that old raiding gear tier mentality for a lot of people I guess.

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

End game started when you first launched the game… only difference is, you’re not stuck running the same dungeon ad nausem for the next 3-6 months. If you ask me, the game without any end game is the one that relies totally on raids to justify even playing the game. It’s okay to kill the same boss endlessly if it’s called a raid… but to suggest that someone go out in the world and do a DE for the second time around is somehow not acceptable. “I am a level 80, level 80’s don’t do lower level content… it’s beneath me. I must be challenged with content at my level… and no, that doesn’t include what I have done already. I only accept that in other games… this one promised me a pony… I made that up, but if I’m thinking it, it must be true. ArenaNet, where’s my pony?”

Posted by: Corvax.1675

Corvax.1675

Pretty much this. The game is meant to scale horizontally not vertically (gear treadmill) and those that are accustomed to the typical MMO games just realized this game is not like that. Most of those players didn’t realize that was the whole philosophy and don’t know “what to do” at end game. It’s actually kind of funny.

Its hard to break that old raiding gear tier mentality for a lot of people I guess.

These. Maybe I’m the minority here, but I don’t want to reach level 80 just yet. I want to PLAY this wonderful game. I want to explore, progress, or just be there. And when I reach level 80 eventually, I will start with a new character, new race, new profession. And I can do that several times in a lot of combinations, which is fantastic. All this hate talk and complaining lately about endgame and raids and gear leaves me a bit baffled. Why play this game then, if you don’t like a fresh, independent, new, non-repetitive approach?

Posted by: Apotheosis.3786

Apotheosis.3786

These. Maybe I’m the minority here, but I don’t want to reach level 80 just yet. I want to PLAY this wonderful game. I want to explore, progress, or just be there. And when I reach level 80 eventually, I will start with a new character, new race, new profession. And I can do that several times in a lot of combinations, which is fantastic. All this hate talk and complaining lately about endgame and raids and gear leaves me a bit baffled. Why play this game then, if you don’t like a fresh, independent, new, non-repetitive approach?

The questing/leveling process is too shallow to take that as what the game is intended to be. This game is built around an endgame that isnt there. The quests are very similar and grindy, and the story is minimalistic. To do that over and over again without reason would be madness.

Posted by: JazzyJay.1367

JazzyJay.1367

The questing/leveling process is too shallow to take that as what the game is intended to be. This game is built around an endgame that isnt there. The quests are very similar and grindy, and the story is minimalistic. To do that over and over again without reason would be madness.

Of course daily’s in WoW aren’t grindy, are they? Nor those boss fights where you have an optimal pattern of skills to use. How about the hours organizing a group for a raid?

Apotheosis.3786

Of course daily’s in WoW aren’t grindy, are they? Nor those boss fights where you have an optimal pattern of skills to use. How about the hours organizing a group for a raid?

WoW is bad. Me complaining about GW2 does not mean I am promoting WoW. You fanboys will automatically assume anyone who points out the games flaws is brainwashed by WoW.

JazzyJay.1367

WoW is bad. Me complaining about GW2 does not mean I am promoting WoW. You fanboys will automatically assume anyone who points out the games flaws is brainwashed by WoW.

You are suggesting it is better than GW2. And I quote from another topic, “The MMO manifesto video is what first got me interested. It is not as they say. The quests are even more grindy than WoW, and it doesn’t even have an endgame.”

Posted by: BobF.3509

BobF.3509

Endgame Re-imagined, lol.

My opinion? It was a brilliant double-think marketing piece, redefining your journey to level 80 as the endgame, then having you do much of the same processes (i.e. grind dungeons) for reward, except that this game allows for the task at 80 or on your way up.

Thankfully, I didn’t buy this game for the PvE. People complaining about “lack of endgame” should queue up and face humans for a change. The realm combat is everything WAR online should’ve been, and if they decide to add sandbox elements like player-owned structures or some kind of guild vs guild, then it will only get more insane. The challenge is different everyday, no grinding here.

JazzyJay.1367

My opinion? It was a brilliant double-think marketing piece, redefining your journey to level 80 as the endgame, then having you do much of the same processes (i.e. grind dungeons) for reward, except that this game allows for the task at 80 or on your way up.

Thankfully, I didn’t buy this game for the PvE. People complaining about “lack of endgame” should queue up and face humans for a change. The realm combat is everything WAR online should’ve been, and if they decide to add sandbox elements like player-owned structures or some kind of guild vs guild, then it will only get more insane. The challenge is different everyday, no grinding here.

Agreed. Take it to the battlefield!

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

Then i’d suggest you leave…or go on vacation. And please, stop crying.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

Apotheosis.3786

You are suggesting it is better than GW2. And I quote from another topic, “The MMO manifesto video is what first got me interested. It is not as they say. The quests are even more grindy than WoW, and it doesn’t even have an endgame.”

That was on another post. Not to mention I never said WoW was good. I was simply comparing it to WoW because that is one of the most effective ways to make a point. Saying somthing an aspect of the game is worse than WoW (which is bad) is pretty much saying that an aspect is horrible.

Apotheosis.3786

Also… Why would their be a multitude of xp boosts if the intention was to slowly level as if the process was the meat of the game.

Posted by: Valkyrie.2678

Valkyrie.2678

Now that ANet is aware of hardcore GW2 players, hardcores should not ragequit but wait for the next content update which is I believe, soon.

Posted by: Birdy.4816

Birdy.4816

Then i’d suggest you leave…or go on vacation. And please, stop crying.

Please stop crying about him crying, its up to him.

Posted by: Birdy.4816

Birdy.4816

Now that ANet is aware of hardcore GW2 players, hardcores should not ragequit but wait for the next content update which is I believe, soon.

This game is suffering from the same problem SWTOR had on release, you hit 80 and the majority of gamers are PvE’rs despite what elitest PvPers that think they are cool because they clock-wise zerg castle gates and grind eachother with cookie cutter builds over and over…. PvE is very important.

One content update is unlikely to turn around this end-game, I would be VERY suprized (Pleasantly) if there is an upcoming content patch that opens up PvE Dungeon Crawling end game and rebalances with proper rewards, proper loot tables, more insentives and more 80 dungeons.

But…. its unlikely, very.

Posted by: Campana.9216

Campana.9216

I think Anet released that statement because a lot of people are complaining about dungeons not being good enough to count as end-game. It’s a reminder of all the things they said prior to release that people didn’t see or take into account when buying the game.

I’ve never considered GW2 something I would log in and play every night, because it’s not really the kind of game I want to play. But it’s better than most other theme parks, and I’ve found that after reaching level 80 there is still plenty for me to do.

Maybe when I’ve got my exotic gear, finished levelling my crafting to 400, levelled my alt to 80, explored the entire map and burned myself out on WvW and sPvP… well, then I will be finished with the game.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I decided it was important for me to work on my crafting. I’ve ‘mostly’ put my story on hold while I’m working on that, and Lornar Pass is the last zone I did a Map completion on (bringing my total to a whopping 4, and 3 cities).

I’m 65th level, I’m working on gathering materials to make myself a set of green 60th level (maybe that’s even 65th?) set of armor, because it’s fun. My artifice is ‘really’ behind, and I’ll need to complete 25 points before I can even make the green items. When that is done, I’ll meander into a zone that will have the next level of materials and pick away at that.

When I reach 80, which I suppose is when I’m supposed to look around and wonder what I’m supposed to be doing, I’ll have all the same things in front of me then that I have now to do. Finish crafting, go back and finish hearts that didn’t get finished while I was looking for crafting materials (invariably, hearts and DEs get completed, as do skills and vistas and all that other stuff…when I see someone heading somewhere with a purpose, I can’t help but be curious and see where they’re going, and I end up getting something done…it’s a fun way to see the world).

I tried WvW, and I am ‘not’ a PvP player at all, but that was really fun, and I imagine I’ll go back. I just need to figure how to filter finding someone to ‘follow’ with some good battle plans vs people who just declare we all fail and are ‘bads’ and why I’m wasting a perfectly good spot that could be going to someone else who wants to WvW…not a terribly inviting crowd sometimes, those folks.

So I guess I won’t see the difference much, I’ll still have the same things to do. I’m sure we’ll get more horizontal content as time goes on. One thing that will be fun is that because of down leveling, they could introduce 5 new zones across different level ranges, and that will be 5 new zones of content to play. I wish they figured out how to reward people playing in down leveled zones a bit better, with respect to buying things from heart people, but I guess that’s what karma is for.

I’m sure they’ll do things like reputation as time goes on. We’ve only been playing a few weeks.

Well, if there weren’t any coherent thoughts in there, or I posted a response to the wrong thread, I’m a bit under the weather today and groggy. Only 3pm, but I think I might have to throw the towel in for the day and make some soup or go to bed or something. :|

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I think the piece was simply telling players to enjoy the game, not tear through it like there was some prize for first place.

The reward for playing the game is playing the game. One should be enjoying yourself and having fun. If the only reason you play MMOs is to get through the ubar-l33t gear and you don’t care how tedious, boring and monotonous the process of getting that gear is, then there are over 10 years of MMOs out there for you. Some of those MMOs are still going because they have a populations that love tedium and lack of innovation just as much!

Guild Wars 2 is doing something different and I am enjoying the game. But then I’m playing the game to enjoy it, not because I want to flaunt the fact I can play a game for 56 hours a week with some virtual items.

The realm combat is everything WAR online should’ve been, and if they decide to add sandbox elements like player-owned structures or some kind of guild vs guild, then it will only get more insane. The challenge is different everyday, no grinding here.

Agreed 100%! WvW is delivering on all of the failed promises from Mythic. It is amazingly fun and I’m looking forward to playing it and the PvP matches for a long time while I take my time and savor the PvE content like a good steak instead of wolfing it down like cheap hot dogs.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Posted by: ozymandias.5317

ozymandias.5317

I remember an interview very early on where ArenaNet said something to the effect of ‘the only reason levels are in the game is because it would be too much of a shock to players to not have that numerical sense of progression.’

While I see their point in this mentality, I wonder if it would have been better to not include the numerical levels just to avoid these people thinking that there is an endgame when it is really just a game. Since skill points still accumulate after 80 and all content is still viable at 80. People just seem to think that once that number stops increasing they should be progressing in gear.

I wish I could offer a suitable alternative to the level system, perhaps just by number of skill points unlocks new thresholds of equip able gear or something. Either way, fantastic game ArenaNet, thank you for what is sure to be years of enjoyment from myself and my wife, playing at our own pace, while I laugh at my friends who can’t go out on a Friday night or else their leet raiding guild will leave them behind and they won’t be competitive anymore.

http://trikktheasura.wordpress.com
or follow me on twitter @trikktheasura
Trikke <Sorrows Children> [SRRW] — Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

End game is just PvP, that’s all it is. It’s funny because the “hard-core” gamers you’re making fun of are the ones revealing the actual problems with the game early before the casuals get to it. Most people at 80 are losing interest and you’re in denial if you believe otherwise

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

End game is just PvP, that’s all it is.

And map completion. And explorable dungeons. And WvW… Well, you get the idea.

Basically, all of the content in the game. And there’s no way you’ve done all of the content in the game unless you’ve forgotten what the sun looks like in real life.

I know, shocking concept, “the game is the endgame”, but it’s not a new one; we knew that would be the case for years. So why didn’t you?

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

Personally I am 100% fine with the fact that the “end game” isn’t all about enduring the mind-crushing tedium of organizing 25 people so that we can all have a single chance at an item with slightly higher stats than our current ones.

I play games because they have fun gameplay, not to watch a bunch of numbers increase, or as a glorified 3D Avatar Chat Room. If I wanted to do that I’d go to www.progressquest.com and get that, or join some avatar dress up chat room.

Posted by: ozymandias.5317

ozymandias.5317

End game is just PvP, that’s all it is. It’s funny because the “hard-core” gamers you’re making fun of are the ones revealing the actual problems with the game early before the casuals get to it. Most people at 80 are losing interest and you’re in denial if you believe otherwise

End game isn’t just PvP for everyone. Even in other games, look at WoW. How many people in WoW went crazy for achievements? Exploration, titles, collecting. These are things that large portions of the player base find enjoyable. Kittens, even the mini pets had such a huge following and subculture that one of the grand highlights of Blizzards new expansion is a Pokemon style arena fight specifically tailored to leveling up your mini pets.
But yes, you’re right that the only thing to do is PvP. ArenaNet created the entire beautiful world of Tyria for us to spend all our time in 4 instances maps to fight against 5 other players, or on a (admittedly epic) battleground vying for points.
I’ll enjoy PvP, but I’ll enjoy the rest of the wide world as well. I’m interested to see how things will dynamically change as populations shift and events are allowed to run through some of their chains.
I’ve already witnessed a major change in a Sylvari area where the first time through there I was fighting off a Nightmare invasion. A week later, there clearly hadn’t been enough people to fight off a subsequent attack because where there had once been a lush green garden land was now covered in Nightmare, with darkness and fog. This created a completely different play experience.

This is what they mean when they say that endgame is reimagined. It isn’t something you work toward, it’s something that you play through. The entire game is endgame.

http://trikktheasura.wordpress.com
or follow me on twitter @trikktheasura
Trikke <Sorrows Children> [SRRW] — Sea of Sorrows

(edited by ozymandias.5317)

Posted by: Rend.2047

Rend.2047

I got my first 80 and was bored about 2 hours later.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

i would eventually like the game to allow no-lifers to take slight control OVER the game.

such as being lords of some fort (being able to set some rules).
or being master of some forge (being able to craft some unique items).
or protector of some part of the land (being able to set some rules and npc behaviours)

in a way that they get reknown in their server for some particular service maybe.
attracting followers to heir cause, much like guilds but in a more world changing way.

i would have to think about how to intgegrate that, but maybe some kind of players voting could be interesting.
and if these god players can give out some kind of quests.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I played World of Warcraft for 3 years straight never doing any raid, except for UBRS, only doing the Dailies for the Dragon mount in Burning Crusade. What did I do for 3 years? Playing lots of alts, and running many of them through Max level 5 man dungeons, and then to the Heroic versions when Heroics were added. As far as I can tell, Guild Wars 2 is meant for people who probably didn’t do raids, and considering that it was always a minority who ever did raids, that is a lot of people. Raids are not needed in an MMO, majority of the players don’t even use them. It is refreshing to know that a developer is actually going to be making content that the majority is going to use, instead of spending so much time and money making content that a minority will use.

Posted by: BobF.3509

BobF.3509

This game is suffering from the same problem SWTOR had on release, you hit 80 and the majority of gamers are PvE’rs despite what elitest PvPers that think they are cool because they clock-wise zerg castle gates and grind eachother with cookie cutter builds over and over…. PvE is very important.

The majority of gamers are casuals that partake in both aspects of content, despite what the elite carebears say that think they’re so cool for taking 2-3 hours to clear dungeons of AI-controlled mobs with cookie cutter specs over and over.

Did you know that in addition to WvW, there’s sPvP where I don’t need to raid to have the best gear, I just kit up in the lobby area? I hope no one is upset.

Posted by: Daniel.2743

Daniel.2743

I have to admit, I hit 80 and was completely at a loss.. what to do with myself. I just find a lot of the things really pointless and have no significant purpose to them. It’s all good when people say play for fun and casually, but this game is too much of it. I personally need a purpose for what I’m doing with my character.

I will still be playing, because despite the lack of incentive when it comes to a lot of things even PVP, which before buying the game I thought I would love, small scale PVP and large scale WvWPVP the best of both worlds, but neither have kept my interest for some reason…

It’s a brilliant game, there are things it does far better than other MMO’s, but looking at it realistically I don’t know how seriously I can take this game.

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

Really? Another one of these threads?

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

Posted by: Jwalker.3519

Jwalker.3519

It’s funny how the term “casual” is used in almost a derogatory sense these days.

In many players eyes in the MMO community, (and I know the MMO community, I have been apart of it for a very long time) being a “casual” can mean different things, but it all comes down to people who don’t play as much as the so called Elite “hard-core” gamers and don’t quite have a detailed understanding the games mechanics. Most of the time on forums like these you see so much whining and complaining from the so called “hard-core” community always blaming the “casuals” for how the developers are trying to appeal more to them, yet here in GW2 they got no idea that it is their old and tired ways of thinking that the MMO genre has trained them to think that is ultimately hurting the very reason why GW2 was so appealing in the first place. It is a change of pace, it is different….a step in the right direction of the MMO genre. They don’t know how to cope with the fact that the end game content is the entire game so they just stick to complaining on how the game will fail because it was tailored for the “casual” crowd…when really it was tailored for everyone…the elitists just don’t know how to deal with that fact.

Guild Wars 2 is by no means perfect, and it is by no means the MMO revolution many were expecting, but it is a large step in the right direction. In my point of view, the biggest and best feature of this game is that it is community focused. The game rewards you for helping out the community, whether it be in events, or just simply reviving people. It makes the community far more desirable than say WoW’s community.

If it needs anything, its not that it needs more End-Game content…it just needs more content in general. More dungeons, world bosses, etc. But first instead of just adding more, I would prefer ArenaNet to just focus on fixing balance issues with the dungeons and some of the classes, and maybe a few things in WvW. After all the major launch issues are addressed, then I would like to see some more stuff. But I think that it should be to everyone’s benefit that they completely get rid of the thought this game has an “end game” at all, cause in truth, this entire game is the end game…so therefore…its just…the game.

Enjoy it, Embrace it, and if you don’t like it..there are other choices for you. Anyways, that is just my 2 cents in all of this.

Your probably going to have the last word in. Guess what? I really don’t care.

DusK.3849

It’s funny how the term “casual” is used in almost a derogatory sense these days.

It really is. “HA HA! You have a life!” That’s what I read whenever someone calls me a casual, because that’s really what that word being used in that context boils down to. As if not playing a game for 16 hours a day is something to be ashamed of.

But seriously people, if you don’t have 100% map completion, all your skills unlocked, and a few sets of epic dungeon armor, you’re in no position to complain about lack of content. It’s there, you’re just not playing it. And if that’s because you were expecting a WoW-esque gear treadmill, you’re an uninformed consumer, because we’ve known for years this game was built around avoiding that crap, so really it’s your fault for thinking you were walking into yet another WoW carbon-copy.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

One content update is unlikely to turn around this end-game, I would be VERY suprized (Pleasantly) if there is an upcoming content patch that opens up PvE Dungeon Crawling end game and rebalances with proper rewards, proper loot tables, more insentives and more 80 dungeons.

But…. its unlikely, very.

And those “PvE’ers” are just whining because they want WoW.

Guild Wars PvE “endgame” was exactly the same as Guild Wars 2 “endgame”. Play the game for fun. If you don’t enjoy just playing the game, find another game. It’s pretty simple really.

I don’t understand the people who don’t enjoy playing the game, but are so desperate for a gear treadmill that they take to the forums. I just don’t get it at all.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

queue crit you 9000 damage

Apathy.6430

Blame the people who are horrible at games using the excuse that they are just “casual”.

You can play games casually and not be godawful at them.

Posted by: Abattior.2368

Abattior.2368

I was going to post a thought on this but I see there is one here.

With this “epic” end game described here https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-endgame-reimagined/ I am starting to have a little doubt where this game is headed.
I know I might be ruined for life having played DAoC, but with that game now 10+ years old, one tends to look for the next game that can give a portion of what DAoC once was.
I skimmed the article, and all i seen was raids this, monsters that, loot herp, dungeons de rp ….
The really scary thing is that pvp or wvw was not even mentioned in that article ONCE!
Am I wrong to expect the WvWvW to be the end game of this title?
Are we never again going to have another game that we can once again call “epic”
If its what I read in the article posted above, it wont be this one, at least imho.

Apathy.6430

With this “epic” end game described here https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-endgame-reimagined/ I am starting to have a little doubt where this game is headed.
I know I might be ruined for life having played DAoC, but with that game now 10+ years old, one tends to look for the next game that can give a portion of what DAoC once was.
I skimmed the article, and all i seen was raids this, monsters that, loot herp, dungeons de rp ….
The really scary thing is that pvp or wvw was not even mentioned in that article ONCE!
Are we never again going to have another game that we can once again call “epic”
If its what I read in the article posted above, it wont be this one, at least imho.

PvP is not the PvE endgame.

Pretty straight forward.

PvP is definitely something to do. I’ve spent a LOT of my time doing it, but it cannot possibly be PvE endgame.

Posted by: Abattior.2368

Abattior.2368

PvP is not the PvE endgame.

Pretty straight forward.

PvP is definitely something to do. I’ve spent a LOT of my time doing it, but it cannot possibly be PvE endgame.

well, I can live with no PVE end game.

pvp end game is where its at.

Apathy.6430

well, I can live with no PVE end game.

pvp end game is where its at.

Well, the whining is mostly PvE centric.

PvP’ers accept that just playing the game and having fun is the reward, for the most part.

PvE’ers seem to be stuck in some kind of mindset that the only way the game can be enjoyable is if your numbers are going up by 3.

DusK.3849

PvE’ers seem to be stuck in some kind of mindset that the only way the game can be enjoyable is if your numbers are going up by 3.

PvE’er here. I’m finding no shortage of content in GW2 post-80. The WoWites don’t speak for all of us.

Apathy.6430

PvE’er here. I’m finding no shortage of content in GW2 post-80. The WoWites don’t speak for all of us.

Oh, me too.

There’s still a few zones that I haven’t even stepped foot into yet, as I’ve been too busy running explorable modes, doing jumping puzzles, and helping friends with meta events.

Then there’s the whole rolling another character and experiencing the whole thing over from a different perspective.

Jwalker.3519

Blame the people who are horrible at games using the excuse that they are just “casual”.

Absolutely not, it has gone past that point of definition. The term casual is now what the “hard-core” community unfortunately view it, because it is they who whine and complain the most about every single aspect of the game, expecting to be fully taken care of, and if they aren’t, it is because Arena Net is to focused on making the game “casual” for all. This not only applies here, but to almost every MMO.

Its the same the other way around as well…to a degree. While your statement that you can be casual and not awful at the game is completely true…those who are awful, are usually casual players. Now I have no problem with this, some people have to busy of a life to get supposedly “good” at Guild Wars 2 so while they are inherently awful, they try to get in as much play time as possible. Then there are those types of people that are actually inherently bad with the game, with really no excuses, but they keep playing because its fun. Once again, I got no issue with any of this. What I do have an issue with however is when the so called, “casual” crowd start expecting Arena Net to appeal to their every whim…much like how the so called “hard core” crowd do it.

See the issue? If I had to choose who was worse in terms of having demands for certain companies to make the game more fun for them, it would be the “hard core” community. But just appealing to just one of these crowds is a mistake…a mistake I believe that Arena Net bypassed with GW2, there is material and content here for every type of player, but as said before…the “hard core” community who has been trained to think a certain way have no idea that the content is even there for them….when in actuality they basically just played right on through it..from level 1-80. Thats why the leveling experience is a tad slow…the game wasn’t made to be rushed through.

Now I don’t mean to hi-jack this topic with another but I really would love to beg the question…Why does the term “casual” and “hard core” exist at all? I really don’t understand why we all can’t just be gamers. Everything these days has to be split up into groups…and crap like that only serves to split up the community in general.

Posted by: Torcan.2314

Torcan.2314

I don’t care about story, lore or cutscenes. And there’s no end-game for me. No PVP/character-progression after 80, and not a million Jormag/Charrzooka events will change it. The game needs to be changed on a fundamental level. There needs to be added PVPlevels and rewards for killing off players, something that will take years(5+) to grind to max level.

Apathy.6430

Absolutely not, it has gone past that point of definition. The term casual is now what the “hard-core” community unfortunately view it, because it is they who whine and complain the most about every single aspect of the game, expecting to be fully taken care of, and if they aren’t, it is because Arena Net is to focused on making the game “casual” for all. This not only applies here, but to almost every MMO.

Its the same the other way around as well…to a degree. While your statement that you can be casual and not awful at the game is completely true…those who are awful, are usually casual players. Now I have no problem with this, some people have to busy of a life to get supposedly “good” at Guild Wars 2 so while they are inherently awful, they try to get in as much play time as possible. Then there are those types of people that are actually inherently bad with the game, with really no excuses, but they keep playing because its fun. Once again, I got no issue with any of this. What I do have an issue with however is when the so called, “casual” crowd start expecting Arena Net to appeal to their every whim…much like how the so called “hard core” crowd do it.

See the issue? If I had to choose who was worse in terms of having demands for certain companies to make the game more fun for them, it would be the “hard core” community. But just appealing to just one of these crowds is a mistake…a mistake I believe that Arena Net bypassed with GW2, there is material and content here for every type of player, but as said before…the “hard core” community who has been trained to think a certain way have no idea that the content is even there for them….when in actuality they basically just played right on through it..from level 1-80. Thats why the leveling experience is a tad slow…the game wasn’t made to be rushed through.

Now I don’t mean to hi-jack this topic with another but I really would love to beg the question…Why does the term “casual” and “hard core” exist at all? I really don’t understand why we all can’t just be gamers. Everything these days has to be split up into groups…and crap like that only serves to split up the community in general.

I’m not even sure what you are saying…“don’t listen to anyone besides me because my view is perfectly thought out and pleases everyone”.

The only reason it is split into groups is because people want to use their own labels to try to make their viewpoint come across as the majority.

If they call themselves “casual”, it inherently means that 90% of people also want dungeons to be kitten easy and be given full dungeon gear for killing a trash mob. Acting like you are part of a group makes it sound like your opinion has a whole lot more weight than it actually does.

Posted by: MrThebigcheese.2014

MrThebigcheese.2014

I’m enjoying GW2 I really am.

“The End Game Reimagined” is nothing more than sales hype and it’s complete nonsense. Leveling up is the same thing as any other game, it is most certainly NOT “end game” from level 1.

Posted by: Evil.7529

Evil.7529

There is plenty to do in game, people are just lost without the gear treadmill. Rather than playing the game to simply have fun, they want gear, titles, or some manner of things that lets them stick their chest out and say “look how special I am”. I like the fact the PvP is not gear based and there is no tiers of gear to grind through with PvE or PvP. Just go have fun playing whatever suits your fancy in the game. (crafting, dungeons, world events, jump puzzles, exploration, pvp, roleplaying, or leveling alts) If none of that is fun for someone and they just want the newest shiny thing to work toward then the game probably isn’t for you. It is ok, and enjoy whatever game does make you have fun.

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

He’s reiterating the same thing that ANET has been saying all this time. They explicitly said what the “end game” was, and would not be, in GW2. Now you have people coming to the forums and complaining that they got exactly what Anet said they would be getting in GW2 as far as any “end game” is concerned.

I think that more than anything, this was a message to reiterate that this is what GW2 is about, and will be about in the future. If it’s not your cup of tea, go find something that is more to your liking.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

one thing
interesting would be DUELING in pve (with both players consent).
to cooldown these kids testosterone.

Jwalker.3519

I’m not even sure what you are saying…“don’t listen to anyone besides me because my view is perfectly thought out and pleases everyone”.

The only reason it is split into groups is because people want to use their own labels to try to make their viewpoint come across as the majority.

If they call themselves “casual”, it inherently means that 90% of people also want dungeons to be kitten easy and be given full dungeon gear for killing a trash mob. Acting like you are part of a group makes it sound like your opinion has a whole lot more weight than it actually does.

It’s fine that you do not understand what I am saying. My point is made. I said my peace, and while I disagree with alot of what you are saying, I’d rather just agree to disagree to stop any chance of turning this into a long discussion.