The etiquette of standing inside people

The etiquette of standing inside people

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Keep in mind that most of my time is spent playing max height male sylvari. They’re not small.
The only time people standing in me annoys me is if I’m in a clear area, uncrowded, trying to take screencaps. It’s usually obvious by me running a lot of emotes in quick succession. If I’m taking caps of an enviro, I’m usually standing in spots people would have a hard time getting to if they’re not on an engineer (as I usually am) or using a portal gun, so there’s less opportunity for people to come up and stand in me.
Also, jumping puzzles and weird choke points. I totally understand that some people just have big characters, I do, too. But I end up grinding my teeth at people with monster sized back pieces. WINGS. I intend to use that item on my upcoming sylvari revenant, but I’ll be turning the wings off in JPs and WvW and the like.

Regarding Asura and gigantic Norn and Charr – that’s just generally funny. I don’t mind either stepping up to me when I’m an asura so I’m standing in their skirt, because it just leaves me smirking, and I’ll often step under their skirts to see how long it takes them to notice. If I’m playing one of those huge characters, I also don’t mind asura hiding in the shade of my medium two charr or norn’s skirt pieces.

Slightly less funny in jumping puzzles, but there’s nothing to be done for it, I just wait until the huge ones pass. Or until they leave, if it’s a JP with disappearing platforms.