The final battle needs a revamp

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

Sorry if this isn’t the right forum, but I don’t know where to post suggestions now that the suggestions forum has been archived.

The final battle was really underwhelming. I pictured the final battle as hundreds of NPCs, including Destiny’s Edge, Trahearne, and the various other notable characters, all charging at Zhaitan.

Not 2spam and ded.

Some specific things that would make good improvements:

1. Trahearne having a heroic death. This would reduce the feeling of him stealing the spotlight, and also get rid of an insanely annoying character. And frankly, Anet has already killed off the likeable characters, so why not kill off the annoying ones as well?

2. Make the final dungeon single player. You shouldn’t need four other people to complete YOUR personal story.

3. Add a scene where the player character performs some insane act of heroism that makes them seem like what they’re supposed to be: the hero of the story.

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I’m pretty sure everyone that plays gw2 agrees on the current state of the final battle. and I’m also sure that even Anet is in agreement with it as well and that more than likely, they’re going to revamp it when they have the time to.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

No, the current battle is fine…but ADD TO IT. He falls, then suddenly you and the party are pulled into the mists, where you fight the essence of him. You do a 1 minute curbstomp where he won’t take damage and devastates your party, only for your mentor to appear in death to give you the very thing you need to damage and resist Zhaitan. Cue epic battle with a humanoid form of Zhaitan, that has several phases. Upon his death, you have a tearful farewell with your mentor, and then are thrown back onto the airship, where there’s another cutscene before it gives you the “dungeon completed” thing.

In other words, make it so we know Zhaitan is dead because we killed basically his otherworldy essence/soul/whatever. It also gives us closure with our mentor and one hell of an epic battle.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: KingEsoteric.2067

KingEsoteric.2067

No, the current battle is fine…but ADD TO IT. He falls, then suddenly you and the party are pulled into the mists, where you fight the essence of him. You do a 1 minute curbstomp where he won’t take damage and devastates your party, only for your mentor to appear in death to give you the very thing you need to damage and resist Zhaitan. Cue epic battle with a humanoid form of Zhaitan, that has several phases. Upon his death, you have a tearful farewell with your mentor, and then are thrown back onto the airship, where there’s another cutscene before it gives you the “dungeon completed” thing.

In other words, make it so we know Zhaitan is dead because we killed basically his otherworldy essence/soul/whatever. It also gives us closure with our mentor and one hell of an epic battle.

That’s corny as all hell. Even cornier than the PS itself, which is saying something.

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I agree, that would be super corny. But it would be nice if we could get another personal story mission to take place after the story dungeon, that focuses on the player and DE fighting Zhaitan on the ground. It would give them a chance to make the story more personal, and give us a more satisfying final fight.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

Sorry if this isn’t the right forum, but I don’t know where to post suggestions now that the suggestions forum has been archived.

The final battle was really underwhelming. I pictured the final battle as hundreds of NPCs, including Destiny’s Edge, Trahearne, and the various other notable characters, all charging at Zhaitan.

Not 2spam and ded.

Some specific things that would make good improvements:

1. Trahearne having a heroic death. This would reduce the feeling of him stealing the spotlight, and also get rid of an insanely annoying character. And frankly, Anet has already killed off the likeable characters, so why not kill off the annoying ones as well?

2. Make the final dungeon single player. You shouldn’t need four other people to complete YOUR personal story.

3. Add a scene where the player character performs some insane act of heroism that makes them seem like what they’re supposed to be: the hero of the story.

its not YOUR personal story, its Treyhearnea’s

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They said that they know its bad and they do want to revamp it in-fact they are going though and revamping all the dungeons. Sounds like soon we will see condition become a major player in boss fight in dungeons soon. Its just funny be careful what you wish for revamping often means it become more “fun” but the fun comes with a price of how hard it is to run and farm hehe.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Ensio.8172

Ensio.8172

They said that they know its bad and they do want to revamp it in-fact they are going though and revamping all the dungeons. Sounds like soon we will see condition become a major player in boss fight in dungeons soon. Its just funny be careful what you wish for revamping often means it become more “fun” but the fun comes with a price of how hard it is to run and farm hehe.

Man, I must have missed that, where/when did they say they want to/are going to revamp the dungeons?