The footprints - Thank you!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

The Charr footprints are finally turned in the right direction! Thank you so much for this awsome fix!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Wait, Charr getting aesthetic respect? Do I go buy a lottery ticket now?

Can’t say I ever noticed, but I’m glad it’s fixed.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

Took 2 years to fix, apparently. Nice.

Can we get a toggle for the Charr running animations now? Either run like they do now, or run like the NPC Charr do? I’d like that.

Posted by: Pickles.9436

Pickles.9436

I didn’t believe this till i logged in.

I had to wipe away a tear.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There is such a toggle, Excludee. Bind weapon sheathe/unsheathe. With weapons drawn, you’ll run upright like the NPCs. You’ll also run slower, but then so do they (I’m pretty sure they all have weapons out when they run, too).

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There is such a toggle, Excludee. Bind weapon sheathe/unsheathe. With weapons drawn, you’ll run upright like the NPCs. You’ll also run slower, but then so do they (I’m pretty sure they all have weapons out when they run, too).

You won’t run slower unless you get put in combat.

Posted by: DietPepsi.4371

DietPepsi.4371

They do not. NPCs in the Black Citadel can be frequently seen running upright with both hands empty, but clinched. As stated above; running speed is also not reduced until the player engages in combat. The player can do this upright run when they enter combat and stow their weapon, but as soon as any attackers are killed or give up the player will return to full running speed on all fours.

Maybe they’ll fix the Charr rifle drawn animation too. Here’s hoping. I’d like to stop holding my rifle like a hammer.

You stand to benefit more from making friends than making enemies.

Also I hate my user ID.

(edited by DietPepsi.4371)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Hmm. I think I need to a do a no-speed-boosts race with someone. It has always seemed to me that if my weapons are out while I’m running (on any race) and I toggle them to sheathed, my speed picks up. It could be an illusion of animation, but that’s easy to test via a side-by-side run on a long level stretch. Hoelbrak has some good spots for that.

/plots tests with guildies

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

A true “it’s about freaking time” fix.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Hmm. I think I need to a do a no-speed-boosts race with someone. It has always seemed to me that if my weapons are out while I’m running (on any race) and I toggle them to sheathed, my speed picks up. It could be an illusion of animation, but that’s easy to test via a side-by-side run on a long level stretch. Hoelbrak has some good spots for that.

/plots tests with guildies

There’s no reason to test it, really. It’s simply an illusion of animation, and it’s especially that way for norn and charr. They “feel” like they move slower, by default.

I mean, here’s an example of something: If I’m on my human warrior and I use Signet of Rage, my weapons are immediately unsheathed as I’m casting it. So, I’m running with my weapons out, with my speed boost from casting the signet, and I’m going the full +33% speed. Same thing happens when you use Balanced Stance; full running speed (plus 33%) while your weapons are unsheathed.

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

They do not. NPCs in the Black Citadel can be frequently seen running upright with both hands empty, but clinched. As stated above; running speed is also not reduced until the player engages in combat. The player can do this upright run when they enter combat and stow their weapon, but as soon as any attackers are killed or give up the player will return to full running speed on all fours.

Maybe they’ll fix the Charr rifle drawn animation too. Here’s hoping. I’d like to stop holding my rifle like a hammer.

Basically this. I just don’t like the all-fours run animation. It just looks strange when literally only the player characters do it. I’m sure there are people out there who like it, so I’d just be happy if they let met toggle it without having to put on my engineer’s hobosack, or always run around with my weapons out.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

it’s the whole reason why i can’t stand playing as a charr, i want a brute of a warrior not a kitty cat with a humor problem….

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

I like the all fours animation for my warrior. I’d prefer an always upright animation for my charrdian though.

“The hype is real.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s nice that this finally got fixed. I didn’t think it ever would. There is an old quote talking about why it wasn’t fixed a long time ago.

Gaile Gray Source
ArenaNet Forum Communications Team Lead
“I have a little information on this: Footprints are determined by the geometry of leg joints. That is, the direction of a footprint is determined by the joints of a particular creature’s legs and ankles. For all the races except Charr, those bones bend in the same direction of that of a human, they each have the same “ankle roll.” But if you look at images of the Charr, the ankle roll is different. And it’s the way the leg is configured that results in the footprints being backwards for the Charr. Or, as an artist said, “Once the Ankle goes over the ball of the foot, as it does with the Charr, the footprints get reversed because the (game) engine thinks the foot is pointing the opposite direction.”
Making an adjustment requires the involvement of the Gameplay Programming Team. From what I understand, making this change could require a significant amount of time but I’ll see what we can find out about this.”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yay for all the fluffy snugglies. Now if they’d just fix your spines. :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.