The game is not bad but the players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

No matter how the game changes, it’s still a good game to enjoy. The only time I feel bad is when party with people and they start complain about others and how others should play. As if they can talk all they like to hurt people without constraint.

I was in a fractal 50 and I joined late at 2nd fractal (someone left I thought). There are 3 war using rifles as range weapon including me. 2 others just compalin about rifle war non-stop till we finish the runs. Any fault/wipe/bad things were because of rifle war they keep saying. They keep threatening if we do something they don’t approve they will kick (so someone before me was kicked). I’d not have joined this group if it’s on the description that they’d kick people. Anyway, if I quit the game someday, it’s not because the patches are bad, it’s definitely one of those games with these jerks that make me quit when I am out of patience. I pug using lfg all the time and I am afraid that kind of people are increasing. Why do I play a game and end up having a bad mood everyday?

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Well, if you are using a Rifle then you are at range and you are not receiving buffs as almost all buffs to party members are only 600 range. This is why people get upset about ranging because it lowers overall group performance for no reason.

You are basically making it harder for everyone with no concern for their experience. Imagine being a melee getting pummeled by a boss while everyone ranges. The play how you want playstyle has to go both ways and everyone has to make sacrifices in order to work together as a group, that is just how groups work.

Also, if you don’t want to be griped out, don’t join someone else’s party. Either make your own or call your guild to help. I am not a hardcore elitist myself, and I do not agree with the way that people behave in this game, but at the same time its simply a fact that when you join a party in this game you are on their terrain.

And its important to understand that other people are in a bad mood all the time because the game is going downhill. They keep trying to cling to what little they have left in the game like some kind of crazed zealot because not only has ANet added nothing else for them to do, but they keep adding more bugs and nonsensical limitations in the few things that they do have left to do in a game that is increasingly being tailored for low-intelligence players with fat wallets.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

BBMouse.6510

I have PS using GS and make sure we are pretty much might buffed if not already 25 stacks. It’s only when there are certain situation swaping to range is better and also when I have low life and need to back away. It’s not because of no concern for the party (I did mention we ran fractal 50 and we finsihed the runs so hopefully we are not new players). But that is not totally the point. I play different builds all the time and I find most of them can do any dungeon/wvw no problem. Whether or not I join a party and be on their terrain, verbal abuse should not be allowed.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Welcome to the world wide interwebz. Full of keyboard commandos who sit in anonymity and blame everyone else for their shortcomings.

Also, rifle warrior is terrible. Doesn’t matter the situation.

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

Welcome to the world wide interwebz. Full of keyboard commandos who sit in anonymity and blame everyone else for their shortcomings.

Eh I’d say fractal 50 pug is one of the few places where using a range weapon is justifiable. It’s pretty common in some of the longer fights such as archdiviner or mossman to melee until your health gets low and swap to range while you regen. And given the recent change to rifle autoattack it’s possible that it’s a better option dps-wise than longbow (i can’t say for sure, haven’t played my warrior since the patch came out).

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

These people are in every MMO

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

The main problem I have always had with the kind of people you’re describing is that they don’t make any effort to actually explain what they’re shouting about.

All it ever does is upset people and make them go, “Why in the heck should I listen to you?”

If they were really out to communicate effectively, they would explain their position, i.e. “It would be ideal if you play a different spec – rifle has been proven to do poor damage, compared to other options. I suggest you try XYZ build instead.”

But I think a lot of these people have no idea how to communicate effectively. They just want an accuse to rage at someone. Also keep in mind that a good portion of people who do pugs are probably in pugs precisely because they don’t mix well with others. I’m not saying it’s all of them – there are plenty of reasons to pug that have nothing to do with social skills – but I think the trend is there.

If you have the time commitment and the interest in it, running with a guild is nearly always going to be a more pleasant environment. Unfortunately, some of us just don’t want to manage that commitment for whatever reason.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

The main problem I have always had with the kind of people you’re describing is that they don’t make any effort to actually explain what they’re shouting about.

All it ever does is upset people and make them go, “Why in the heck should I listen to you?”

If they were really out to communicate effectively, they would explain their position, i.e. “It would be ideal if you play a different spec – rifle has been proven to do poor damage, compared to other options. I suggest you try XYZ build instead.”

But I think a lot of these people have no idea how to communicate effectively. They just want an accuse to rage at someone. Also keep in mind that a good portion of people who do pugs are probably in pugs precisely because they don’t mix well with others. I’m not saying it’s all of them – there are plenty of reasons to pug that have nothing to do with social skills – but I think the trend is there.

If you have the time commitment and the interest in it, running with a guild is nearly always going to be a more pleasant environment. Unfortunately, some of us just don’t want to manage that commitment for whatever reason.

Personally, I find PuGs to be an execrably maddening waste of time. You might get lucky every once in a great while and find a good one, but I belong to an excellent guild and I can’t really think of any reason I would pick a PuG over the particular guild I’m in given the choice.

Posted by: BlackGhostz.2483

BlackGhostz.2483

Even saying Rifle warrior sounds stupid.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

These people are in every MMO

Pretty much this. This is a people issue, not a GW2 issue.

Labjax.2465

Personally, I find PuGs to be an execrably maddening waste of time. You might get lucky every once in a great while and find a good one, but I belong to an excellent guild and I can’t really think of any reason I would pick a PuG over the particular guild I’m in given the choice.

Yeah, when you are in a good guild, pugs are like the painful last resort choice.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: tAzz.8497

tAzz.8497

Rifle warrs and staff mesmer . MUAHAHAHAHa

Get a bow mate. Same dps if not better, fire field, blaster, immobilize, blind. A party weapon. Go blast ur rifle in the open world.
Not to mention most of the above range lovers join lfgs that ask for melee so we can understand the flame and rage.

U dont like it? make ur own lfg like some1 above just said and just type ur relaxed range camp lover etc and u will have fun.
I dont like it either when in harpy fractal the mesmer is shooting staff autos when all we need is his focus warden for those reflects so we dont keep falling down again and again after 2 mobs cus the guardian has his reflects on cooldown. Or Mai Trin lvl 50 and the warrior is down on his knees for a KillShot, dies to boss autos and then we have two more dying just to res that warrior. AINT FUN

This story always has 2 versions, but after all its just a l2p issue even if u want to admit it or not.
Nobody wants a 2h run when it can be done in just 1. And keep in mind some of us are doing those fractals for 2 years now so we like to rush it as much as we can.

BBMouse.6510

Rifle warrs and staff mesmer . MUAHAHAHAHa

Get a bow mate. Same dps if not better, fire field, blaster, immobilize, blind. A party weapon. Go blast ur rifle in the open world.
Not to mention most of the above range lovers join lfgs that ask for melee so we can understand the flame and rage.

U dont like it? make ur own lfg like some1 above just said and just type ur relaxed range camp lover etc and u will have fun.
I dont like it either when in harpy fractal the mesmer is shooting staff autos when all we need is his focus warden for those reflects so we dont keep falling down again and again after 2 mobs cus the guardian has his reflects on cooldown. Or Mai Trin lvl 50 and the warrior is down on his knees for a KillShot, dies to boss autos and then we have two more dying just to res that warrior. AINT FUN

This story always has 2 versions, but after all its just a l2p issue even if u want to admit it or not.
Nobody wants a 2h run when it can be done in just 1. And keep in mind some of us are doing those fractals for 2 years now so we like to rush it as much as we can.

It’s hopeless…

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

No matter how the game changes, it’s still a good game to enjoy. The only time I feel bad is when party with people and they start complain about others and how others should play. As if they can talk all they like to hurt people without constraint.

I was in a fractal 50 and I joined late at 2nd fractal (someone left I thought). There are 3 war using rifles as range weapon including me. 2 others just compalin about rifle war non-stop till we finish the runs. Any fault/wipe/bad things were because of rifle war they keep saying. They keep threatening if we do something they don’t approve they will kick (so someone before me was kicked). I’d not have joined this group if it’s on the description that they’d kick people. Anyway, if I quit the game someday, it’s not because the patches are bad, it’s definitely one of those games with these jerks that make me quit when I am out of patience. I pug using lfg all the time and I am afraid that kind of people are increasing. Why do I play a game and end up having a bad mood everyday?

Well see it in another way:
Before going toi fractal 50 i tried to be sure to be experienced enough and not to be a burden.

Respect works in 2 ways, if you just take a rifle warrior or staff mesmer to fractal 50, unless you know some undiscovered tactic (and you are lucky because fractal community is the only left to accept those, while dungeons are only a copy-paste of DnT videos), you are being a burden to the party.

They have the right to complain because the lack of dps (even without stacking) makes a fractal run frustrating and long.

You should not complain about the players but about the PvP balance team that made so many skills useless in PvE….starting from 99% ranged weapons (only exception is elementalist).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

You have to remember a portion of the people who like to yell/rage/insult is because they are over compensating in the game because their IRL situation is not very good so instead of turning it around and trying to be positive they just continue the cycle of negativity. My advice (if you want it) is not let that affect you, their are many people who like to be friendly and positive and to be honest GW2 overall is a very nice community I’ve met more nice people in Tyria then mean people. A few bad apples with “internet courage” is not something you should let affect you.

P.S not everyone that complains is this just a portion. If you take my comment personally then you might be who I am talking about :/

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

That legitimizes these “keyboard commandos.” No shortcomings on their part. People want optimal performance in areas of the game that demand optimal performance – how anyone can find a problem with that kind of thinking is beyond me.

I won’t deny that there are people that just cry and complain and blame others for their failures, but when it’s legit, it’s legit.

Labjax.2465

Well there’s a HUGE difference between constructive criticism and borderline harassment, as is demonstrated on these forums daily. Some people get the difference and the former is justifiable in a lot of circumstances. The latter is just unproductive and nobody gains anything from it.

Or words to that effect.

BBMouse.6510

I write this post to remind people to respect others and don’t verbal abuse people ‘cause it’s an internet and there is no law so you can do whatever. Look at some of the replies and this turned into an anti-build and anti-pug posts. The focus was shifted. My point stands. A lot who left the game were because they have bad experiences with other players but not the game no matter how good the game is.

My experience from lots of pug playing to fail a dungeon run in 3 steps. 1. people chat 2. party wipe (because they are too busy chating/typing and not focus on playing) 3. disband. It’s always like this no exception. This 3 steps applies to everything in real life too not just in a game. People talk and get into argument, lose focus, work failed always these 3 steps.

People say nothing is real on internet. I say however you behave under no law is the very real you.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Well, if you are using a Rifle then you are at range and you are not receiving buffs as almost all buffs to party members are only 600 range. This is why people get upset about ranging because it lowers overall group performance for no reason.

You are basically making it harder for everyone with no concern for their experience. Imagine being a melee getting pummeled by a boss while everyone ranges. The play how you want playstyle has to go both ways and everyone has to make sacrifices in order to work together as a group, that is just how groups work.

Also, if you don’t want to be griped out, don’t join someone else’s party. Either make your own or call your guild to help. I am not a hardcore elitist myself, and I do not agree with the way that people behave in this game, but at the same time its simply a fact that when you join a party in this game you are on their terrain.

And its important to understand that other people are in a bad mood all the time because the game is going downhill. They keep trying to cling to what little they have left in the game like some kind of crazed zealot because not only has ANet added nothing else for them to do, but they keep adding more bugs and nonsensical limitations in the few things that they do have left to do in a game that is increasingly being tailored for low-intelligence players with fat wallets.

How do you fight the boss at the end of the grawl fractal without a ranged weapon? I usually pull out my rifle at that point. I thought, but I’m not sure that the DPS of a rifle is a little higher than that of the LB, but the LB gives more utility with blast finishers and a fire field…

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Bit hard to type all that when dodging everything under the sun. I can understand if the ranged person has time to type though.

Oddly enough the “rifle” is what caught me. First thing I thought when reading was, Why the rifle? Bow is nice if you need a fire field and to drop another blast finisher amongst other things but what does rifle have?

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The point of the OP isn’t about whether a particular build is good or not. It’s about how others deal with being in a group with a non-meta build or playstyle. I’m not sure why people expect PUGs to play a certain way; the beauty (and the horror) of PUGs is that anything can happen (and often does).

If you can’t stand it when people behave randomly, why join a random group of people? Seems like a recipe for frustration.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

How do you fight the boss at the end of the grawl fractal without a ranged weapon? I usually pull out my rifle at that point. I thought, but I’m not sure that the DPS of a rifle is a little higher than that of the LB, but the LB gives more utility with blast finishers and a fire field…

The best thing about the longbow on the fire shaman is that you can use two aoe skills behind you into the elementals as you are moving. This allows you much better mobility (even though you should always be looking at the shaman).

I don’t complain to rifle warriors in PUGs but they sure do annoy me! Although people say that nothing else but dps matters in groups there is a need for some control of fights. Rifles offer zero control. Rifle warriors do nothing to control the wolves in the Mossman fight, for example, and if that leaves me to deal with the wolves on my warrior then I’m not impressed.

DonQuack.9025

Note- They didnt join him. He joined them.

Ah but if you pug dungeons/fractals its because you are a M. I accept that. I accept that I will get the same people if I list a detailed LFG posting and if I put “All welcome”.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Hard to say in this case. Usually in high level fractals you expect more experienced teammates. In lower levels, you can carry the group more, but higher level you really want the most from each member.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

you’re a war and using a rifle, …..and on fractals 50?… and there are 2 more of you?. Explain yourself! No sympathy here. Though the remaining 2 players should not have been so verbally confrontational. Instead, they should have, as i would, kicked you 3 without mercy or a second thought, though quietly the moment they see the rifle being used as main.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

(edited by quaniesan.8497)

DonQuack.9025

Kicked bah. Lucky its not the old system and I wasnt the lead. I would have mailed the other guy who was helping 20g and left just before award. I carry a lot, but sometimes I just refuse. Seeing 3 warriors camping rifle…. nope. Apologise profusely to other guy and bail.

Posted by: A bitz.3825

A bitz.3825

The point of the OP isn’t about whether a particular build is good or not. It’s about how others deal with being in a group with a non-meta build or playstyle. I’m not sure why people expect PUGs to play a certain way; the beauty (and the horror) of PUGs is that anything can happen (and often does).

If you can’t stand it when people behave randomly, why join a random group of people? Seems like a recipe for frustration.

This is it really. Thank you for putting it out so clearly. I always place in my party messages what I am looking for, if no message its free game for everyone imo.

I like how rifles look, way cooler then the bow. Skills are more fun to use to me. So I have to be clear with my messages so I don’t end up with people who dislike my view on whats fun.

Just as much as they would hate to join me for not being optimal, I wouldn’t want to join them for being so strict either in a video game. It’s the only way to try and keep a positive experience for yourself.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

This is it really. Thank you for putting it out so clearly. I always place in my party messages what I am looking for, if no message its free game for everyone imo.

I like how rifles look, way cooler then the bow. Skills are more fun to use to me. So I have to be clear with my messages so I don’t end up with people who dislike my view on whats fun.

Just as much as they would hate to join me for not being optimal, I wouldn’t want to join them for being so strict either in a video game. It’s the only way to try and keep a positive experience for yourself.

If you join someone’s group, respect their expectation. Don’t join someone’s else group and expect them to respect your taste in builds. Why not leave and start your own NRA club and spend your entire day in that fractals to marvel at guns. If you so admit you are not optimal, why can’t you be ? If you want people to respect your taste in weapon, but have you done your part in respect other people’s time that could have been saved because of you? If it is not ignorance, it is selfishness to the bone.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

There is nothing wrong with using rifle on warrior, but it definitely shouldn’t be used as a primary. If you’ve run enough fractals you know when to use certain weapons. Using the same weapon all the time isn’t very good, especially if it’s ranged.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

The best thing about the longbow on the fire shaman is that you can use two aoe skills behind you into the elementals as you are moving. This allows you much better mobility (even though you should always be looking at the shaman).

I don’t complain to rifle warriors in PUGs but they sure do annoy me! Although people say that nothing else but dps matters in groups there is a need for some control of fights. Rifles offer zero control. Rifle warriors do nothing to control the wolves in the Mossman fight, for example, and if that leaves me to deal with the wolves on my warrior then I’m not impressed.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Nonbeing.5234

Nonbeing.5234

I sympathize with your complaint (I hate it when people tell me how to play, as well), however…

a) Since I like to play my own way and be experimental, I generally stay away from extremely high level content that attracts hardcore min-maxers (like high level Fractals, unless I am with guildies/friends who know me). I realize that I will probably get flack for playing my own style, so I just avoid those situations

b) Your complaint has absolutely nothing to do with the Feature Patch complaints. It is a non sequitur. Don’t say “it’s the players, not the patches”, because one has nothing to do with the other. The patches can still be bad whether the players are nice, mean, or indifferent. They are independent variables, for the most part.

Server: Borlis Pass
Guilds: [AXIS], [TWIN]
Active Characters: Euday (80 Sylvari Ranger), Vox Apeirona (80 Human Ele)

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

This game has perhaps the best community of any MMO I have played.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Oddly enough the “rifle” is what caught me. First thing I thought when reading was, Why the rifle? Bow is nice if you need a fire field and to drop another blast finisher amongst other things but what does rifle have?

Better base range. Not saying that’s a good thing, but that’s what it has.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

I agree with many people here who feel that a player should learn the game and what are the best builds but when in a party with random people the experience for everyone can be better if the “vets” instead of rage quitting or insulting help the newer or ignorant players. If you don’t want to deal with having to help others your options are to run the dungeons etc.. with guildies or friends. Honestly if this is a problem where a lot of random groups don’t run very good builds and is a common occurrence then it show how much the NPE is really needed.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Yes. They shouldn’t have complained so much. They should have either kicked all three rifle warriors or left themselves.

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

You must be very new to MMORPGs.
If you think the GW2 community here is bad, you will be TORN TO SHREDS in WoW’s community.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

Guild Wars 2 actually has the best community I’ve ever seen in any MMO.

BBMouse.6510

I want to clarify. All 3 of the war, 90% of the intire run meele with greatsword, have phalanx strength, all banners and shouts, only 10% of the time we range due to situation required. And all of our range weapons just happen to be rifle. And the other 2 saw the opportunity to start trolling. In stead of focus on the fight, they spend time typing to complain. What do you think he is doing during typing? autoattack of course. And so the result is his dps is at minimum while he complains others have fewer dps from rifile than LB.

I agree LB is good in terms of control and bonus and I use it too all the time. But spending 90% of time in meele, it really does not matter much. I use rifle because that particular build I play there happens to have a crack shot trait that give rifles aoe pierce. It actually does more damages than LB during the 10% of the time I use range weapon. ie the wolfs with Mossman or any other boss that has adds.

I feel the need to expalin at this point because I realized no one read the entire post and just start making up their own “truth” the moment they saw a “rifle war” and they start assuming people camp ranging in a lv 50 fractal. I have never seen camp ranging in lv 50 pug fractal myself. Those who says this never really played it with pug at lv 50.

If you are demanding in other people’s playstyle, you should be in a guild looking for people with your like mind. Pug using lfg tool that has no description in it is exactly for casual player who don’t care. All 3 of the war could have kicked those 2 instead (kicking won’t cause instance closing anymore) but we were nice and the run was fast so no need for that. The result is nice people often get trolled. My point remains, verbal abuse should not be allowed. A good community is not judged by the opinions from famous guild players but instead should be from how random pugs is treated.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Well as with anything with a social aspect, you will always find nice people, and jerks. Personally I will only run with guildies and rarely ever with pugs because of bad memories from gw1 speed clears. I dont mind if a player is not to experienced, I dont like jerks who think they need to kick someone who doesnt conform to what they think is the only right way to play, while they go down every 5 seconds :/, players professions and ap never mattered to me, its attitude.

So yea my advice is surround yourself with friendly people, and avoid situations where you would be exposed to jerks, run with friends and guildies like most of us do, it helps keep the game enjoyable.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

You can always run into these types of players at the Tequatl the Sunless event. There are always certain players that want to try and coordinate the event so perfectly they come off with the attitude any players that never did the event before aren’t welcomed because they will just get in the way.

Once I ask what a certain skill on the Hylek turret did since I didn’t understand it and instead of just telling me what it did I was told by the players with the commander tags on to get off the turret and let someone that knew what they where doing use it. Wow thanks for the help guys.

Other times when I’m in the area and that event is about to start I have seen players go on and say along the lines of “If you are in this group you HAVE to do this, if you are in that group you HAVE to do that and if you are in this group you HAVE to do this. If you don’t do what your group is suppose to do then don’t bother and leave.”

One of my pet peeves in-game is a player or players that are literally demanding at events if someone fully dies just use the way point instead of having other players wasting time resurrecting them.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Do you also find it more fun to hammer nails with a screw driver?

But as long as you are posting your own groups announcing that you use skills and weapons cause they look cool and not for their intended effect, then more power to you.

(edited by calyx.9086)

Posted by: Intuneric.7652

Intuneric.7652

90% of the intire run meele with greatsword

So if you’re in melee 90% of the time of a fractal run why are you camping greatsword? There’s no need for range except @ some bosses. PS players may have an excuse, but the other warriors ?
I agree though, there’s no need for verbal abuse but when they join my group while the description was meta builds/zerk/melee they will get respectfully kicked. Not because i am oh such a good player or i only play with awesome gamers. I’m not, but i still took 10 minutes of my time to make a decent build and learn a very simple DPS ROTATION

(edited by Intuneric.7652)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If the LFG description was “LF meta/zerk/exp” etc. etc. then yes, they are within their rights to kick you if you do not meet their stated requirements. If the description was just “Level 50 Fractals”, then I am within my rights to use whatever crazy build I want to use.

BBMouse.6510

I use phalanx strength greatsword to get might buff if you roll back to the top I said it on my first reply, and I have no idea about the other 2 war ‘casue we are all pug and I don’t care. And they were really not bad (if you pug a lot you would know who is good and who is bad after playing a few minutes). And I also said it was a no description run, so yeah “lv 50 2nd fractal” that’s what it was when I joined. However if they add a few more requirements then I wouldn’t join ’cause it usually means business :O

Anyhow, I do not create this post trying to get someone punished ‘cause I gain nothing of it (revange is “not” sweat ’cause it never worked XD). I wish people to be less aggresive in lanuages ’cause we are playing with real people, not AI. It will give myself and many others including new players a much better experience in this game. Thx ^^ It’s been a days and my fury is gone. XD

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

One of my pet peeves in-game is a player or players that are literally demanding at events if someone fully dies just use the way point instead of having other players wasting time resurrecting them.

Wait, what? As much as I would like people to bring positive attitudes to this game rather than unleashing their frustrations, this behaviour is clearly inconsiderate at a world event. You’ve scaled up the event by joining in, in hopes of getting rewards, but now your refusal to cough up a couple silver to waypoint back into the fight puts the rest of the players in an uphill battle.

There’s no excuse of ignorance for this one, nor is there good reason for other players to try to resurrect you, because if they are in combat it will take a very long time and they are vulnerable while doing it. They might end up getting downed and killed themselves, spiralling the event towards failure. So it’s right for people to ask that those fully killed to waypoint back.

There are many situations in which people should be more cooperative and helpful, but in this case there is nothing to be gained by supporting those who expect someone else to pick them up off the ground, nor is it fair to reward someone who spent an event staring at their own corpse.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

there are bad people in any mmo i dont think its fair to extrapolate that experience you had onto the whole community, ive played with plenty of people who are not like that.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

Even reviving someone who is merely downed reduces effectiveness if that person gets downed frequently. This particularly hampers timed events or difficult events where failure could happen. If someone has been defeated and there is a waypoint close by, they NEED to waypoint and run back. It takes way too long to revive a defeated player unless they died out of combat range. If you are defeated and sitting right next to a boss, nobody has any reason to try to rez you even if they can do it without being pounded by attacks. It simply takes too long to rez people unless you can get out of combat.

The only time I would rez a defeated person is if the closest waypoint is FAR away. Other than that, you’re on your own. If I get the opportunity maybe I can save someone when they are downed, but if they get defeated I’m not rezzing them. There really is no reason to spend all that time and lose all of that DPS to rez a single person who could get back up FASTER by waypointing and running back to the event.

It’s a matter of game mechanics. There are no rez skills in this game like in the first Guild Wars. You can’t just bring someone back after they die. If people are unable to or choose not to bring you back up when you get downed, you should waypoint and run back to the event. That’s just the way that it is. If you can’t survive the encounter without being downed, you should consider using more Toughness or more defensive traits and skills.

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

I don’t revive someone that I just revived, at least until I completely go through my rotation and have time to do it. Dead players I only revive at the end but I don’t revive ones that sat there dead through most of an event/encounter instead of running back. If I fully die I waypoint right away (unless there is a lot of people reviving me but I feel guilty for letting that happen, but it doesn’t happen often anyway) and expect others to do the same. If they don’t, they can enjoy their face planted in the dirt to their heart’s content for being lazy.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Hmmm…..when the patch first dropped I was one of those who did not like it, but, then I played it and it slowly ( I say slowly because of my bad attitude and vet status) became clear to me that this might be the beginning of something better.

I had a bad attitude at patch drop because it seemed like the game was dumbed down too much…and…for me…because of my vet status…it really was dumbed down…I mean , no pet controls for my bear, no trees to chop showing up on the mini map, dancing to entertain cows..a real cow would run away in fear…but, I like watching the dance.

But then I started thinking back to the days when I first started the game.

I knew nothing.

I kept having to google things, several times I even felt like shrieking…and it then dawned on my that I would have had an easier starting experience with this new ’Fresh Start" and I may not have reached the shrieking part.

And this is why people say the game is going downhill. I bet a bacon waffle these folks yelling the most about the game going downhill are, like me, vets of the game.

Change. Change is a thing that is necessary for life, yet the majority of people hate change and cling to the familiar.

And hey, this new patch did bring in stuff for vets. Guilds are merged, meaning my better half who is on another server can help himself to my guildbank contents, when before he was out of luck. Mini pets are more user friendly..they are working on the problem..my pets were out my entire playtime yesterday

And the new trading post. I did not like it at first because it did not work the way I thought it should work..but I used it, and made mistakes, and learned from those mistakes, and knowledge added on to knowledge, and this morning I am beaming from ear to ear

And, I think they might have fixed the crafting experience problem. I hope so , because if not I may never make a new character…but I have faith that it is either fixed or will be fixed.

Anyways. Things change. The rigid trees are the ones who snap and break in a high wind, while the supple ones bend and survive.

For the supple, things will get better, for the rigid, not so much.

I intend to be for the most part supple.

Hmmm….Tailored for low intelligence players with fat wallets. Let me change that to players who have jobs and little time to play with fat wallets…If it were not for the working folk willing to spend money for Gems then this game would have little income.

Remember, Guildwars2 have the same developer as City Of Heroes did. That game was making money, but not enough, and got closed down. This is why I wince when I hear all the dungeon runners brag about using ingame gold instead of real money to buy gems in the gemstore. If NcSoft closes down this game due to not making money, the dungeon runners will not have a dungeon to run in.

So yes, they are looking for players who will spend real life money.

Anyways, I need a cup of coffee.

Lisa