The game run out of content when you are 80?

The game run out of content when you are 80?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

more dungeons seemed to me like the easy way to go, with random elements to keep it fresh. Whats wrong with having a few parts of the dungeon swap around with some rooms being like a 1% chance of appearance during the run, etc. or when you normall go north through a tunnel this time it collapsed and you ave to find another way?

but they are not making anymore dungeons…schoolboy error if you ask me.

That’s what fractals are, and people are complaining left, right and center that they are too random to run, with “good” (read: short and easy) and “bad” (read: long and possibly complex) fractals thrown in the mix and no chance to select the ones you want to run.

Random content may sound good on paper, but in reality it’s next to impossible to balance the randomness to get a set of truly equal alternatives, and most (if not all) players will eventually get annoyed when the randomness gives them a variant “again” that takes them out of their comfort zone rather than the one they prefer.

Personally, I’ve been playing this game since shortly after launch, and I’ve yet to run out of content. Compared to the MMO I played before I enjoy the fact that I can choose what I want to play rather than having to repeat the same content until long after it’s stopped being enjoyable just to get that piece of gear I have to have to stay competitive (I’ve been playing healer and sometimes tank in high-end raiding), then raid two nights a week only to go a whole raid period (about a year) without getting the one top-end drop the raids gave because it was too rare to outfit the whole raid with it.

I’m glad this game doesn’t do “get this random drop only as a rare chance from boss xyz” for (almost) all of its content, because that’s what eventually frustrated me most in previous games. I’m an adult, I can very well choose what content I enjoy. I don’t need to be channeled into instance x and daily repeatable quest y just to keep my equipment level at a point where I won’t be a detriment to my raid.

what i described is in not what fractals are. Fractals is 9 (or whatever) dungeon paths that you only do 3 of in random order.

That is completely different to what i described which is one dungeon, all connected, but is randomised as you progress via different events. In other words, it is almost procedurally generated.

Fractals is just a random mashup of individual set dungeons, with completely predictable outcomes once you start each ‘part’.