The good things thread

The good things thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

So I’ve been reading the forums allot, and the thing i noticed is that the level of negative posts in the forums is kinda skyhigh.

As a result of this i felt like making this thread, where you can post something positive about the game, it be an experience you want to share or something you like about the game in general.

So shake of that negativity for a moment and write something positive!

Beware people, if you post something story related use dat spoiler tab!

The good things thread

RaZaC.1963

To kick this of i’ll start with sharing something that made me laugh

I was just done with killing the Asura starting area boss and was told to make myself “invaluable” which indeed is a very good idea ^^

So i was standing there, and in the distance i heard to fellow asura arguing about something. It turned out to be a father and a daugther arguing about her boyfriend that was also standing in near them.

The point was that he wanted to take her out, but her father would not allow it. So ofcourse you get the the father-daugther argument. Now the argument ended rather funny.

The daughter was able to convince her father… partly. Because right before they happely go off and do whatever asura do on a date her father sends a golem (forgot the type#), with them to keep an eye on them at all times. And this is what it was saying:

GolemX: Hands where i can see them at all times… Hands where i can see them at all times… Hands where i can see them at all times… etc. xD

This amount of detail, voice acting, and humor coudnt hold me from loling behind my monitor ^^!

The good things thread

Posted by: Redbyte.4897

Redbyte.4897

I agree there is alot of negative things round forums.
But onto the topic, i really have to give devs praise for water based combat. Unique in my opinion and i’d love to see it added more into sPvP or maybe even WvW.

The good things thread

Posted by: minikiller.8475

minikiller.8475

Once there was a Man Who wanted to Explore orr.

Then…………….

Orr killed him
The end
So happy isnt it

The good things thread

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

I think the game fundamentally has many, many good things about it. I have played a lot of MMOs and they change dramatically over time with fixes and updates, etc. I just wish players these days would unwad their underwear and relax a little.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

The good things thread

Posted by: Sannou.8632

Sannou.8632

Lol, I love the samething as well. I just love how you’re just walking by random NPC’s then a conversation just starts off and sometimes they’re just so funny or at times they turn into a world event which is cool too. :P

The good things thread

RaZaC.1963

Keep the positivity going ;=)!

I just love exploration in this game yesterday i had my first 100% map completion

The good things thread

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Awesome idea for a thread, RaZaC. Thank you for your sharing your thoughts.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

The good things thread

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

So we were in WvW, three of us chasing an enemy.. he runs towards a bridge, we followed him, he goes through the forests, so we did.. we were so obsesed into capture him than when he accidentally jumps trough a cliff into an abyss… so we did =(

The good things thread

Posted by: Wolfmother.4098

Wolfmother.4098

I love seeing that people are still generally decent. They’ll help you kill a monster and revive you if you’re down. I pass the good will forward and someone else does the same. Lovely concept <3

We can make ourselves miserable, or we can make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.

The good things thread

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

I love that despite some tiny issues that may or may not have been detailed by other people, I do not have to come home and sit through a queue. I haven’t faced extended maintenance and downtime, save for the Trading Post. I can login without any hassle and just play the game.

The good things thread

Posted by: SpectacularYak.6518

SpectacularYak.6518

I love seeing that people are still generally decent. They’ll help you kill a monster and revive you if you’re down. I pass the good will forward and someone else does the same. Lovely concept <3

I’ve noticed this too. By-product of reduced competition for mob tagging and nodes. In previous games, if someone was in my area, and that person died, my usual reaction was “Thank goodness!”. Now, I speed to their side. I’m always getting picked up and dusted off by random strangers. It’s warm and fuzzy.

The good things thread

Posted by: Xecil.2798

Xecil.2798

People are talking about the good nature of people… meh. An Asuran fell to his death from a vista the other day and landed a few feet from me. My character said, “How did that feel? Excruciating?” I’ve never loved a character like I do now.

The good things thread

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

So we were in WvW, three of us chasing an enemy.. he runs towards a bridge, we followed him, he goes through the forests, so we did.. we were so obsesed into capture him than when he accidentally jumps trough a cliff into an abyss... so we did =(

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man.. I did the same thing in my first WvW match...

We just raided a keep and got swarmed pretty fast. I saw a mesmer and guardian lock onto me, so I ran as fast as my little booty would take me. Get to a cliff, look down and said to myself ’Better to take myself out than let them get me’... I plummeted to my death, and just before I went to rez... BLAM.. here come my two enemies right beside me. xD

As for myself, there’s a lotof things that I love about this game, but I think the one thing I find most fun.. is the lack of ’invisible walls’. I often find myself climbing onto ANYTHING that I can. Finding hidden ways up the sideof a mountain, or exploring Divinity’s Reach via rooftop travel. (I’ve died a lot trying that!)

I also like how much control you have while jumping. I often find myself practicing my jumping skills. Hard to get vistas, jumping puzzles, whatever.. I have a knack for doing it as fast as possible, even if I die a few times trying. It’s tons of fun.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

The good things thread

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i has an epic fight with a champion Ettin yesterday. i was doing well soloing him, when i aggroed 2 veterans. i was about to die, then 3 more people came along and we had a blast finish them off. then we climbed some rocks and found a tough vista. then, we did a huge event chain that took about 20 minutes. this was in Lornar’s Pass…DE’s everywhere, non-stop action. my favourite zone so far.

im leveling up for WvW, which will be MY endgame. ive played it a few times, and lots in beta. it did not disappoint so im super excited to get there.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

The good things thread

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

I’ve noticed this too. By-product of reduced competition for mob tagging and nodes. In previous games, if someone was in my area, and that person died, my usual reaction was “Thank goodness!”. Now, I speed to their side. I’m always getting picked up and dusted off by random strangers. It’s warm and fuzzy.

Sometimes I open the map just to see if there are downed players nearby so I can help them. And due to the difficulty of the game (dont know a lot of mechanics yet), and scaling mechanics, I feel its more important to resurrect someone than to keep dpsing the mob (I hate to die in two shots, so I kinda feel sorry for the poor guys lying on the ground)

The good things thread

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

Our server is dominating WvW atm (Northern Shiverpeaks, best of the worst xD), so to see any enemies in WvW is rare in EB. I was mining, and 2 decided to attack me. I easily vanquished my foes and went on to continue mining and exploring. It feels good to take out a 2v1. Don’t underestimate the little Asura in red and purple!

Also, friendly interaction has been interesting. I saw Dwayna or one of the Orr bosses (the one who teleports to you then throws you with her mind) with no one there. One or two came and proceeded to ask in map chat for help. I told them we could totally 3-man it. We did, even though 3/4 dead 2 more came to help. The events are fun with smaller groups sometimes, as precise timing for skills, ressing, etc. matters more. Good times, good random group to do an event!

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

The good things thread

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

Very high quality, fun game play. Attention to SO much detail.

The good things thread

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

It’s interesting how these kinds of threads elicit an immediate (empty) ANet response… Makes you wonder…

Yeah how dare they promote a positive atmosphere instead of post after post blasting them for things they’ve already addressed. What a bunch of shills!

The good things thread

Posted by: Rick.6751

Rick.6751

Exploring in this game is great, the level of detail in the environments is immense.

The events concept is genius too, no more worrying about finding a group, just jump in and do your part.

It might not be everyone’s kind of game but it is most definitely mine.

The good things thread

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

The level of depth in the environment, and on that note, the character creation and storyline. I love how what you choose during character creation will change your storyline. Friend and I started at same time, same race but completely different quests.
Some of the equips look amazing (though I do wish there was more variety, been stuck using 3 different armour sets for the past 20 levels).

People actually help one another in here and I feel that the community feels nicer then most other MMO’s. Group events are fun to join in. I’m loving my Mesmer character. All my friends and I have agreed that a lot of thought went into this game to make it feel more ‘alive’ and it really shows.

The good things thread

Posted by: Proeliator.8740

Proeliator.8740

I’ve been critical the last few days because I think this game has so much potential so let me change pace and share the things that are amazing:

1. My warrior feels like a warrior. Not a one dimensional fighter but a flexible warrior who can swap to a bow or throw down a banner as well as support my allies. I’m not tied to tank status or just another flavor of dps my warrior for the first time in a lot of games feels well….. dynamic

2. Leveling is actually fun. You really don’t even have to worry about anything in terms of “what you should be doing” or “where you should be” you can just stroll through the land and get caught up in whats going on from hearts to dynamic events to gathering all the while getting xp. Good stuff!!

3. So many little bonuses and achievements have my screen constantly lighting up

4. Complete mobility to transport using waypoints across zones/maps. Something happening across the map and other players are calling for help np I’ll be right there in a click.

5. Underwater combat and exploration. Looking forward to seeing more of this but It’s so refreshing to actually see a world where it’s very much a part of the game in a fluid way.

6. No restrictions or minimum level requirements on what I can do or where I can go. I’ve done hearts and dynamic events 6-7 levels above me and the game doesn’t tell me “you’re too low”

7. The world is pretty rich and the art is very pleasing to the eye.

8. The user interface and layout of points of interest on maps is very user friendly. Things are put closely together like repairs, trade post, bank, vendors etc. They are scattered well throughout a map and in cities so you don’t feel like you’re going way out of the way to find what you need.

9. The trinity is dead!!! Thank the good lord. We can finally deemphasize class roles and focus more on style

10. 24/7 PVP action. Love it

The good things thread

Posted by: Ruzak.1487

Ruzak.1487

I agree with so many things listed in this Thread. There has been so much cynicism and criticism the last few weeks that it’s mind-boggling that ArenaNet are even paying attention anymore. It takes kind people to see through all the flak to what truly lies beneath this community. People that enjoy and care about the game as much as they do. They deserve praise as much as they deserve the criticism.

Absolutely everything about Guild Wars 2 makes me stop and think, the small details, the amazing voice acting, the animations of my little Asuran, the deep and skillfully designed combat systems. Everything blows my mind, they have worked so hard to get to this point and I am just incredibly happy that they are willing to share this with us. I really don’t like the amount of negativity that is rising from the community, but I have played a lot of MMOs in my time and I know it’s just how things go these days. I can’t help but think that when people gush about the game to their friends and then their friends look at the Forums, they must think this is the worst game ever.

The only thing I can really say that I believe should have been said already is, thank you ArenaNet for all your hardwork and providing such an amazing experience to me and my friends. We are enjoying every minute of it, and hope to continue enjoying it for as long as you’ll have us.

Ruzz | Tarnished Coast

The good things thread

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

I’ll chime in a bit.

I can go back and do lower-level content, it’ll still be fun, and I’ll still be rewarded almost as well as if I were in a level 80 zone. This gives me a massive amount of content to play.

WvW is a freakin’ blast.

No holy trinity. And for that matter, more action-based combat in general.

The art. The music.

Underwater. A lot of people hate the underwater combat and such, but I freakin’ LOVE underwater environments and combat.

The dungeons are super-challenging. Great for if I really wanna push myself.

No gear treadmill. Gone are the days where I had to farm x dungeon y times before I could finally get to z dungeon. Once I’m max-level, the whole game is open to me.

All in all, there’s so much great about this game.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

The good things thread

Posted by: Seraskus.6810

Seraskus.6810

2 words: THE MOUNTAINS!
Oh God, the mountains!!!

I dunno who was responsible for level design, but give him a strong hug from me ;D

Sightseing and traveling through those was just so relaxing, they just have cool climate (in both meanings :P). And when I first saw the Big Mountain and than the Priory base inside it was like <WHOHA[sigh]>. Great job! really cool stuff :j

Besides this I also loved the dialogs. Mine favourites were
1. Seraph telling A-Man-Asking-For-The-Way in DivReach that there was just 1 fatality around the pub this week
2. Women who said she must get such Asura Gate between her home and the marketplace xD

Ow, and I nearly forgot about the Skirtt. Skirt are cool as well
" <sniff sniff>You smell something?"

(edited by Seraskus.6810)

The good things thread

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

I love:

1. How scenic and detailed the world is. So many nooks and crannies to explore!

2. Beautiful characters and great customization options. It makes me so happy to be able to create characters I truly like the appearance of, rather than just settling for ones that look “ok” and settling for gear that looks “not terrible” and “getting used to” them instead of loving them from the get-go.

3. That we can swim and go underwater! <3

4. How cooperation and community spirit are promoted by the way the game works. Being able to share everything is soooo much better than competing with your fellow players in PvE! As a “solo” player, I love that I do stuff together with other players all the time, yet I don’t need to make a group or formalize anything. It just . . . works.

There’s a ton of other things I like, but these are probably my favorites.

The good things thread

Posted by: Proeliator.8740

Proeliator.8740

I really don’t like the amount of negativity that is rising from the community, but I have played a lot of MMOs in my time and I know it’s just how things go these days. I can’t help but think that when people gush about the game to their friends and then their friends look at the Forums, they must think this is the worst game ever.

I could be wrong but I don’t think a material number of players actually visit forums. I think the most opinionated, outspoken, hard to please people are the vocal minority who make the most noise in these kinds of forums. They tend to gravitate to places like this. It’s unfortunate but the mods here seem extremely active in policing the garbage so that’s a good thing. Not all criticism is bad though either. Sometimes it’s needed to improve.

The good things thread

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

OMG where do I start?

I love the sound design, the music, the voice overs, the NPC chit-chat. Sometimes I’ll just stop and listen to the word, specially in big cities where there’s so much going on.

I love the combat and the tactical aspect of it

I love the personal story concept. For the first time I feel like my MMO character is more than a bunch of pixels.

I love the graphics and breathtaking vistas.

I love the DEs (even tho they could use a little tweaking).

I love crafting and its discovery tab.

I love how you can change the color of your armor on the fly FOR FREE!

I love all the women that can outrun a centaur.

Oh kitten, now I’m all anxious to get home and play GW2 again (1 hour to go).

The good things thread

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Tybalt. He’s such an awesome developed character that it’s actually a shame he is only introduced by choosing Order of Whispers, and doesn’t appear much later in the story.

Later on the Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan mentions that Tybalt is “under his [Zhaitan’s] wing”. I was hoping for Tybalt to return… Maybe when the Zhaitan fight is updated?

Considering his character development of going from a coward to a frontline fighter, I think the story would have made a lot more sense if he and Trahearne could switch places.

The Skritt are also cool. I hated them at first, but as I progressed and saw the Skritt colonies, I really began to like em!

And don’t get me started about the Quaggan! I want a plushy, dangit!

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

The good things thread

Ruzak.1487

I really don’t like the amount of negativity that is rising from the community, but I have played a lot of MMOs in my time and I know it’s just how things go these days. I can’t help but think that when people gush about the game to their friends and then their friends look at the Forums, they must think this is the worst game ever.

I could be wrong but I don’t think a material number of players actually visit forums. I think the most opinionated, outspoken, hard to please people are the vocal minority who make the most noise in these kinds of forums. They tend to gravitate to places like this. It’s unfortunate but the mods here seem extremely active in policing the garbage so that’s a good thing. Not all criticism is bad though either. Sometimes it’s needed to improve.

Oh of course I know that for a fact, but in the time since the launch most of the criticism has been fairly negative and malicious intent instead of constructive. I’m all for thought out fair criticism it can only make the game better. Yes they do tend too, while the rest of us that are actually enjoying ourselves don’t take the time to come in post (at least the majority of us), that’s all I was getting it. Not too good at articulating my thoughts. Thank you for the response. =D

Edit: Your list is like a carbon copy of my own btw. Ha.

Ruzz | Tarnished Coast

The good things thread

Ruzak.1487

I’ve been using the cutscenes to re-learn French.

That’s actually pretty awesome I didn’t even think about that.

And don’t get me started about the Quaggan! I want a plushy, dangit!

You and me both!

Ruzz | Tarnished Coast

The good things thread

Posted by: Gomly.6128

Gomly.6128

In WvW.

Me and another fella were stood on Ogrewatch walls, invaders had been seen and we were keeping our eye’s on the place.

The fella next to me said “blue to the left” I said “green to the right” and we both said “here I am, stuck in the middle with you” at the same time.

That led to us watching blue and green fighting outside Ogre while we sang Steelers Wheel – Stuck in the middle with you in /s.

That was during headstart and it still makes me giggle. Granted i’m easily amused.

I also like bumping into NPC’s having random conversations. You don’t see that in many MMO’s and makes it feel a bit more “alive” if you will.

I like the Vista’s too. I hate jumping up to get to them, i’m absolutely kitten at platforming but some of the views are fantastic.

The good things thread

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I loved getting cattlepulted onto a tower top yesterday.

The good things thread

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

And I had a great underwater fight with a boss and a random group of people. In fact, underwater fights are a lot of fun, at least on my warrior (not so much on my necro though, but that’s getting addressed).

The good things thread

Posted by: tapewormlondon.4390

tapewormlondon.4390

I love the fact that even though this is my first MMO….im addicted. I got married last week…..divorce to follow if i keep this up ha!

The good things thread

Posted by: SheckyS.6241

SheckyS.6241

Sadly, the pattern of negative posts upon the release of an MMO (or any game, really) is not limited to GW2. Pretty much every game release is the same. The forums are flooded with people who are unhappy or who didn’t get what they expected.

The reality is not that the game is bad, but the only people who are here posting on the forums are the ones who would rather be complaining. The ones who like the game are too busy playing to whine about it.

I haven’t gotten very far, but so far, I am enjoying this game a lot. My thief is loads of fun. I’m sure I will get bored with it eventually, but right now there is tons to do and lots of fun places to explore, so I’m having a blast.

And when you consider there is no monthly fee (like there is for most MMOs) I feel like I got more than my money’s worth for this experience.

The good things thread

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Remember when you were a kid, you went outside with your friends and pretended to be pirates, knights, hoodlums, thieves, cats, dogs, etc. You had adventures with your friends and with your imagination. You would jump up and feel this ecstatic feeling that you were powerful, then telling your friends that they have to pretend they’re dead.

Years and decades later, you become self-conscious, and you want to shy away from childish stuff like make believe. You had to adapt with society — dress like this, talk like this, listen to this, read that. Any weirdness or off-beat behavior would jeopardize your reputation. “Nastyjman is weird, don’t talk to him.”

So this may sound sappy and stupid, but after a couple of weeks in Tyria, I feel like a kid again going out on adventures, exploring every caves and killing stuff with my daggers. I also wanted to look the part and to make a backstory for my character.

It’s fun really.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

The good things thread

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

I could write a lot on this thread! But I will stick to this -

I tend to play one character, I’m not a big fan of alts.
GW2 allows me, through down levelling to explore and play in areas that normally I wouldnt see, or would walk through one-hitting everything.

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

The good things thread

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

I tend to play one character, I’m not a big fan of alts.

Oh, you too? /highfive

Yeah, this game is pretty great for that. And great for altoholics.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

The good things thread

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

Me and a few friends were in WvW and I was on top of one of our towers which was over a cliff. I could see my friend way down below and so I did what any normal person would do. Jump off the cliff to my death trying to land on top of one of my friends while yelling in vent “I am heading right for you, don’t look up!”. As we were laughing he resurrected me and we went on to fight the good fight for our world :-)

Can’t say I have ever had this much fun in an MMO before.

The good things thread

Posted by: Sarius.6983

Sarius.6983

That I honestly got my money’s worth in this game…in around 3 times of what I usually pay for a new game and it still grows. There’s still secrets abound somewhere, there’s mystery…the story was very warming.

I hope they don’t crave to people that complain about everything , or assume themselves thing and then complain too. Sure there’s still a few kinks and querps with the game that Im sure they’ll be fixed eventually given the scale…but like I say to the people that complain and whatnot : There hasn’t been a longkitten period of time I could not play due to bugs, queues and what not…and personally, I rather play and get a risk of bugs and whatnot, that not play at all and have to wait.

The good things thread

Posted by: AstroCat.7628

AstroCat.7628

Game is a blast, time is short but the list would be long. Well done and has definitely restored my faith in the genre.

Wardens of Destiny – Tarnished Coast
M: Aedan Nightshade (Sylvari Necromancer)

The good things thread

Posted by: Wolfmother.4098

Wolfmother.4098

Sadly, the pattern of negative posts upon the release of an MMO (or any game, really) is not limited to GW2. Pretty much every game release is the same. The forums are flooded with people who are unhappy or who didn’t get what they expected.

The reality is not that the game is bad, but the only people who are here posting on the forums are the ones who would rather be complaining. The ones who like the game are too busy playing to whine about it.

I haven’t gotten very far, but so far, I am enjoying this game a lot. My thief is loads of fun. I’m sure I will get bored with it eventually, but right now there is tons to do and lots of fun places to explore, so I’m having a blast.

And when you consider there is no monthly fee (like there is for most MMOs) I feel like I got more than my money’s worth for this experience.

Agreed Me too.

Also folk don’t realize that having a grateful attitude really helps with contentment even with little things like playing mmos.

We can make ourselves miserable, or we can make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.

The good things thread

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

I’ve been responsible for a lot of the “complaints”, which are actually just me saying, “A lot of this is amazing, dipped in awesomesauce, so please put more sauce here, and here, and a dash more here.” Really it is. Even if I get a little nasty sometimes, it’s only because I’m invested in the success of what GW2 promises to my beloved MMO genre as a whole. It’s the only game type I really play and the things about the genre that irritate me REALLY irritate me.

Having said that: the artwork in this game is simply mind bogglingly gorgeous. Everywhere I look another detail, another shadow or light source perfectly presented. No once, EVER in this game have I felt like I was looking at a tile repeated over and over again in the terrain.

It’s truly astonishing how talented the art team is. Not just in creating beautiful things to look at, but in HIDING the fact that it’s “just pictures” pasted onto geometry.

There. I said something positive.

The good things thread

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

As for myself, there’s a lotof things that I love about this game, but I think the one thing I find most fun.. is the lack of ‘invisible walls’. I often find myself climbing onto ANYTHING that I can. Finding hidden ways up the sideof a mountain, or exploring Divinity’s Reach via rooftop travel. (I’ve died a lot trying that!)

Me too! I was exploring a promising looking bit of architecture, slipped, and ended up as a rather messy stain in Mystic Plaza in Lion’s arch. Folks were happy to help me up, but asked me how I managed to die crafting

My favorite moment was finding a hidden jumping puzzle in Lion’s Arch just because I was curious about where a light was coming from in the back of a cave. That’s the first time I’ve found a “secret” in a game where I didn’t just look it up.

I love summoning my little sous chef and the grease fire ability on the frying pan toy that came with my chef’s outfit. I want more toys!

I’m having a blast with the cooking recipe discoveries. My husband does all the cooking IRL, and somehow I always find myself gravitating to cooking in video games. The GW2 system blows away what I thought were good systems in EQ II and Fallen Earth in terms of fun. The recipe discoveries are like little puzzles.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

The good things thread

Posted by: Silver Chopper.4506

Silver Chopper.4506

My thumbs up goes to: small Easter eggs that add immersion to the game (e.g. finding Gwen’s gravestone, the preserved red iris, ‘Koss on Koss’ – if you’ve explored in this game you know what I mean)

The good things thread

Posted by: Trimethicon.7405

Trimethicon.7405

GW2 is a very, very good game. I love the graphics and the artistic style, the games landscapes and architecture ooze atmosphere. The player models are incredibly well done, combat animations are fluid and add to the game as well.

I’ve spent way too money in the Gem shop, which imo is very well done, and makes it way too easy to spend money =P.

Twist the Blade, 80 Thief
Yaks Bend
TOG – (The Orrian Ghosts)

The good things thread

Posted by: Ergo Proxy.6219

Ergo Proxy.6219

<3 my elementalist and the raw number of options I have in combat due to attunement switching.

The good things thread

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

“Hmm. I know, let’s see what’s going on over there”. The driving force of this game being exploration and wonder – not being flung in circles by Quest Givers like a cheap boomerang.

That it is not so heavily informed by Tolkien mythology that I feel like I’m playing in that same old fantasy world.

That even some of the lowest level quests are very interesting, so there is incentive to visit other zones.

It is built to be played in sessions of 10 minutes or 10 hours.

I don’t hate other players. I like them. Welcome them. Help them. And they help me.

Breath taking cities.

A completely living, real sounding world, where one newlywed couple can still gush, yet another woman speaks bitterly at the way she being treated.

Weapon swapping.

Intuitive crafting.

Norn.

“I’m always achieving greatness!”

The good things thread

Posted by: Delacroix.8594

Delacroix.8594

I personally love the revive system.

Not only can anyone revive downed or dead players, but the minimap also tells us if somebody nearby needs help. I always rush to help downed or dead players, although most of the time, they teleport to the waypoint after dying.