The great leather nerf

The great leather nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Why has leather become so scarce. Working on legendary great bow and now the ability to craft Elonian leather is so pricey that I am double thinking even working on legendary. The leather drops are behind event walls. So the casual player has a hard time getting the drops. This seriously needs to be looked at. We can get wood and stone all over the maps but leather we have to either have to pay more than the item is worth on the BL or be lucky enough to catch it when it is in the rotation for the area. You breakdown leather boots and get cloth instead of leather scraps. Putting items behind event walls is not fair to the casual player. It is Anet’s fault the the BL is becoming a joke. the prices are getting out of control. The leather shortage needs to be addressed. Hey Devs quit putting materials behind timed events. Thanks for letting me vent.

The great leather nerf

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They changed ascended insignia’s to be cloth and leather instead of just cloth. That significantly increases the amount of leather needed for all ascended armors.

And not all leather boots salvage into just cloth, most actually salvage into just leather. However items that are crafted my salvage into cloth due to the cloth used to craft the insignia.

Want leather? Buy bags that drop it or leather armor in the level range that yields the tier of leather you want and salvage it. Want it cheap, place bids on medium armor pieces whose high bid is about the same as the leather’s sell price since on average you salvage more than one leather per item. It’s not rocket surgery.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

The great leather nerf

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Go to Cursed Shores.
Do events.
Get loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads of leather from the bags dropped by the risen.

Server: Devona’s Rest

The great leather nerf

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

Wait, making leather / Elonian roughly on par with cloth / Damask is a nerf and not a buff?

The great leather nerf

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Go to Cursed Shores.
Do events.
Get loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads of leather from the bags dropped by the risen.

I already farm here. The level I need is in the mid range areas like Sparkfly. so just have to grind away I guess.

The great leather nerf

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Go to Cursed Shores.
Do events.

I already farm here. The level I need is in the mid range areas like Sparkfly. so just have to grind away I guess.

You can sell your T5 & T6 leather (and Elder Wood you pick up) on the TP and buy the mid range leather with the proceeds.

Server: Devona’s Rest

The great leather nerf

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Or just enjoy the mid lvl maps. They are not dead and empty.