The gw2 community

The gw2 community

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

Theres a lot of things about the gw2 community that bothers me like the amount of complaint threads on the forums. Every time I check the forums there are several threads complaining and whining about stuff like precursors and gems like seriously… Why? I feel that the prices of precursors and the crazy rare chances of getting them are good just the way they are, why? Because they are a key ingredient to making legendaries and legendaries are called legendaries for a reason, they are meant to be hard to obtain so people who grinded their way to make it can show it off, its an achievement so work for it. Gems is the next one I see a lot on the forums, “omg gold to gem conversion too hai pls nerf, anet wants us to spend real $$ to convert to gemz #pay2win” whaaaat??! Thats basically what most of those threads sound like also the fact that people hate it when anet advertises the gem to gold conversions on their page like wtf? Whats wrong with that? Anet didn’t have to add the gem to gold and gold to gem conversions in the game so you should be happy that they did.

The misuse of the term “pay to win” -_- like oh no story journal 200 gems per LS content #pay2win Skins and stuff are so expensive, gem to gold conversion is the only decent way to get gold to buy them now #pay2win really?… The term “pay to win” is allowing players to use real life currency to purchase something in game that gives them a huge advantage over players who don’t spend real money, skins as far as I know don’t give any advantage to players… Or do they… O__o #pay2win. Gw2 is a game that focuses a lot on cosmetics so you could be rockin’ those lamesauce dungeon armours and have the same stats as someone who’s done up their character with skins, no advantage there just looks if anything this game is #pay2swag. As for the upcoming story journal, 200 gems per LS content that you missed is pretty legit thats like what 20g? For something that you missed out on, stop complaining.

I used to be “that guy” who raged at the fact that anet nerfed the frostgorge train and limited the chests in dungeons. I thought that gems was the only way to get gold too but the game is much bigger than that and there’s a lot of ways to make gold and I pretty much make like 10-30+ gold everyday with just a few boss blitz and dungeon runs which is the same amount I was making before the nerfs. So stop complaining and enjoy the game

pvp needs fixing tho…

The gw2 community

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Complainception when you make a complaint thread complaining about more complaint threads. #1st

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

The gw2 community

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Gold =/= Progression

so people are turning to goldsellers b/c of it

The gw2 community

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

It’s just the culture that’s developed in MMO players. Anytime they see something they don’t like, or they wish they had, it’s a giant sweeping deep flaw in the game’s fundamentals that needs to be talked about in essays with a lot of buzzwords added in.

Not that the OP is really any different.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

The gw2 community

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

While I agree with some of the things you have said, I do want to point out that your tone leaves much to be desired. Trivializing other players concerns, complaints, and/or suggestions while doing that very thing in your next breath… makes you a horrible hypocrite.

Good day, “that guy”.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

The gw2 community

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

While I agree with some of the things you have said, I do want to point out that your tone leaves much to be desired. Trivializing other players concerns, complaints, and/or suggestions while doing that very thing in your next breath… makes you a horrible hypocrite.

Good day, “that guy”.

Yes I am aware that I’m complaining about other complaints but something had to be said #ThatGuy

The gw2 community

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Good day, “that guy”.

Yes I am aware that I’m complaining about other complaints but something had to be said #ThatGuy

“but something had to be said”

Please think about what you’re typing… Whether I agree with people on these forums or not is irrelevant – EVERYONE has a right to voice themselves and 99% of the people that do believe “something had to be said”.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

The gw2 community

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

The forum community is mostly made of a bunch of people who can only complain and whine , in every game ever.
The in game community of GW2 is actually one of the best around.

The gw2 community

Posted by: erthebear.8109

erthebear.8109

The forum community is mostly made of a bunch of people who can only complain and whine , in every game ever.
The in game community of GW2 is actually one of the best around.

And no one’s gonna ever bring it down…

The gw2 community

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

People come to the forums when they have a problem with the game, or see how something can be improved.

The gw2 community

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

You spoke a lot and said nothing.

The gw2 community

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Stop complaining about pvp and enjoy the game.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

The gw2 community

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

I agree with most of what you said but this bit needs addressing:

I feel that the prices of precursors and the crazy rare chances of getting them are good just the way they are, why? Because they are a key ingredient to making legendaries and legendaries are called legendaries for a reason, they are meant to be hard to obtain so people who grinded their way to make it can show it off, its an achievement so work for it.

The reason that people are upset about precursors is because there are only two ways to get them: play the Mystic Forge lottery or shell out upwards of 800g to buy it off the TP. Neither of these options are appealing. There’s nothing legendary about praying to the RNG gods or farming (or buying) absurd amounts of gold. As well, many of us have been playing since headstart with thousands of hours of play, in almost every game mode, and have never seen a precursor drop.

Add the fact that the Chinese can (if paying the optional VIP subscription) simply do dailies for a set period of time and they are handed a precursor box, and you should understand why western players are ticked off. We want a way that we can earn a precursor through our own merits.

Granted, ANet has mentioned a couple times that they’re working on ways that we can do this. So, as usual, player frustration comes from the fact that we continue to receive zero word on this, and likely will not until two weeks before this system is launched.

The gw2 community

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

GW2 has worst community ever ! after League Of Legends.When i talk about GW2 community i mean only those that come on forums,wile League community are toxic in game.Still little kids,trolls,whiners….this is just enough..

There’s nothing worse than MOBA communities…half the time I see my brother play dota makes me feel like it’s a rage game.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

The gw2 community

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

GW2 has worst community ever ! after League Of Legends.When i talk about GW2 community i mean only those that come on forums,wile League community are toxic in game.Still little kids,trolls,whiners….this is just enough..

There’s nothing worse than MOBA communities…half the time I see my brother play dota makes me feel like it’s a rage game.

MOBA > “Survival Games” > TF2 > F2P MMOs > MMOs

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.