The less you on VS Drop Rate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zero.6082

Zero.6082

I don’t understand i farm everyday and do not get anything, but friends of mine who play maybe once every three days walks in and gets 3 dragon wing covers and an exotic. What gives? What do i have to do to actually get anything in this game. Is the amount of time you are offline a direct cause to how much better your drop rate is or is it the longer you are offline the more time your drop rates reset. I don’t get it? XD

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

You must have offended the RNG gods.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

RNG be RNG. But being offline and rng shouldn’t affect each other.

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

VS drop rate? Now that takes me back to the voltaic spear farm.

Yeah the drop rate for that was terrible too.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

Posted by: Zero.6082

Zero.6082

I would agree with RNG, but then i see 3 wings to the guy who is only online 1 hour a week? Still don’t get it. Its trend to much of a coincidence to be random. Would anet or NCsoft care to explain. I am just asking other people if they have seen this trend cause the numbers don’t lie.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the RNG gods must have sent the DR demon to possess you!

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

That has to be it. I log in for 10 minutes a week, and the first five mobs I kill each drop a precursor.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I would agree with RNG, but then i see 3 wings to the guy who is only online 1 hour a week? Still don’t get it. Its trend to much of a coincidence to be random. Would anet or NCsoft care to explain. I am just asking other people if they have seen this trend cause the numbers don’t lie.

Its RNG but it just shows the idiocy of it and how it kitten es players off who are unlucky. Why not have the ability to buy a skin via the zhaitaffies?

Plus anet are inconsistent, 1 event you can buy rewards using something gained in the event, the next event rewards are purely RNG. Anet need to have a specific design philosophy in place that all events follow.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I also get a feeling that when I am less active, I get better drops. Just a feeling though :P

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Until they disclose drop rates and RNG formulas we can only speculate. They won’t disclose this information though, and anyway they stealth-tweak it every now and then. Just play the game how NCsoft wants you to play the game and you should be fine.
As for me, it also seemed to me that I was getting better drops if I came back to the game after being quite inactive

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter