The living story.

The living story.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

I’m a little confused with this tbh.
As i’v not started any of it,is it too late to start from the beginning or have i missed the boat?
as stuff seems to be added every month,it’s got me thinking is this a one time event.

IF not then i shall start doing it asap otherwise i might as well skip it if i’m going to miss a lot because i was too buzy living alts.

Also where is the start of it all as i think i’v del the e-mails i got.
ty.

The living story.

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

actually i would like to know this too, personally i gathered it would work the same as the personal story? but now you have me thinking.

The living story.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Nothing has been missed so far because nothing has happened. You need to go to http://dulfy.net/2013/01/29/gw2-living-story-refuge-volunteer-events-guide/ to get the title that came out first. While there kill some dredge and char that come out of portals. If you find something glittery on the ground pick it up. 2 objects get taken to Lions arch SE corner and returned to people that lost them. Very, Very slow and annoying buildup.

The living story.

Posted by: BigMoser.8790

BigMoser.8790

I’ve seen my first portal in the distance while playing on my norn, but I didn’t go do anything about it because of in the middle of doing other stuff. Do you get any rewards for this? I’ll still do it for the achievement to help out, but do you just get experience and karma?

….. Very, Very slow and annoying buildup.

Maybe they’ll use these types of comments for future content. (I believe I’ve seen plenty more who agree with you on this) What I mean is, when they do other living stories they will see where people got annoyed with this one the most (ie Slow buildup, etc) and maybe bring in something more exciting alot faster the next time around.

Remember the one time events back in Halloween – Sea of Sorrows timeframe? I haven’t seen that mentioned this year because everyone complained about not being able to get on (which I made the Mad King one, but not the Sea of Sorrows). What I’m saying is they will take everyone’s input in this living story, see how everyone likes it and what they don’t like and apply that towards the future content so they can have a better percentage of people who will enjoy it.

P.S. Sorry for talking like these are facts, it’s just something I believe they can accomplish.

The living story.

Posted by: Chaosgyro.6023

Chaosgyro.6023

So far it’s just experience, karma, and some titles as tangible rewards. I’m enjoying it as a pseudo extension of the personal story though. The slow buildup hasn’t bugged me in the least, and Anet has said repeatedly that the pace will increase going forward. The first couple months were slow because they had just sort of come up with the idea and implementation of the living story, but wanted to give us SOMETHING while they were producing the meat of the content.

The living story.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Thanks guys all done.
only took around 1 hour 30 mins give or take.it would have been quicker if ppl did not kill the tunnel guys machine,as they was spawning out of there for me to get the 150 kills i needed.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

The living story.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Yeah it’s not much, I was actually surprised how fast you get through it all with not much dialogue, rewards, or anything really.

I still find titles pointless when I can’t even target my own character for special snowflake syndrome, especially when any title in the game is easy as hell to obtain, except for GWAMM from GW1.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”