The most OP class at the moment?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fever.9830

Fever.9830

Hi there.

I’m among those who preordered the game before launch. My main used to be a thief, but after getting her to L80 and finally getting sick of playing her after they nerfed my shortbows range (from 1200 to 900, I think), I leveled a mesmer to L80 and never looked back.

I did however quit playing just before november last year for some unknown reason, and haven’t as much as opened GW2 ever since.

A few days ago, I opened it on a whim and saw among other things that LA was no longer the awesome city with constant overflows, among other things.

After roaming around a bit, and trying out my skills etc, I saw that the mesmer no longer had the joy it once had. Back in my day (I think I quit a month or two after they made the GS autoattack “pierce”.), mesmer was a balanced class. It was neither OP nor lacking. But now, I only felt that it was severely lacking, and after a look at the profession forum, it seemed I wasn’t the only one.

So, I’m wondering… Are the guardians still the lovechildren of this game, or has the meta shifted to favour another class?

My main focus will likely be fractals (do they still exist?) and WvW.

And I will never create a ranger no matter the circumstance.

Thanks for answers =)

Posted by: nikotuck.7259

nikotuck.7259

Ranger

/15 Rangers

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i quit 2 years and stil love the magic classes but it seems AreaNet stil make those classes very weak in pve and i dunno why

i like mesmer so if you make 1 and start to atack mobs you see the difrent
your dps is to low and you die very fast

i try guardian and wola a walk in the park i hit 10x harder and can take alot of hits

i think why AreaNet ??
but its with all 3 magic classes Ele Necro to

they just cant do the dps what warrior ore guardian can do
the 3 mid classes are solid thief eng and ranger

maby thats why i see so many guardian atm ??
its a real power house atm

sorry for my bad english

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

For PvP, a lot of classes are viable bUT Thief (S/D specifically), some Warrior “cheese” builds, and Engineer.

For WvW, I think anything is viable there to be honest, just build dependent.

For WvW roaming, idk really. Anything really good in 1v1

For PvE, anything really. Warriors, Guardians and elementalists kill really fast though.

Dungeon, I would say Warrior, Guardian and Elementalist again.

I am a main Mesmer but I highly recommend you don’t choose one as your class. We are almost unviable in sPvP, veilbots in WvW zerg, and are only used for Time Warp in dungeons (even then….)

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

Elementalist – FGS/ice bow, probably the best DPS in the game with staff, lots of build options to change per dungeon.

Ranger – Great party buffs with Spotter and Frost Spirit, great DPS with sword/warhorn, high skill floor when first using sword and managing pet HP.

Guardian – Reflects, stability, condi cleanse, amazing DPS, aegis, high protection uptime. Guards just make anything easy.

Warrior – Decently high DPS, outstanding offensive party buffs, great self-sustainabilty in most situations. All good groups should have at least 1 warrior, but the more you have the more you’re limiting DPS and buffing potential.

Necromancer – Great single target DPS, poor AoE DPS. Meh group utility, can do a few things, but overshadowed by other classes that can do those things very well or invest a lot less in doing them well. Almost in a great place, almost..

Mesmer – Reflects, portal, time warp, amazing DPS if phans are untouched, reflects, some other group utility, reflects. I mostly want them for reflects, that’s about it. Very good still, always useful when played well.

Engineer – High DPS, lots of utility, 2nd best party stealth, stacks. Thing that makes Engi a desirable class, though, is how much vulnerability they can stack. That’s the main draw that sets them apart from other classes, as well as being flexible.

Thief – Best group stealth, amazing for skipping most content, amazing trash control, amazing FGS/ice bow damage. A good thief will make your life easy, very easy. Eles love them when they’re traited to do more damage with their conjures, too.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant