The most stable profession?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Suuns.9203

Suuns.9203

In each Profession’s subforum there are complaints about broken things. Broken this, bugged that. "Anet fix this, Anet fix that. My question is, which profession is most balanced and strong in terms of “not broken”?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Probably Guardian.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I would also say Guardian.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Warriors and Guardians both seem to be fairly strong options, though I agree, Guardian is probably more, ‘Stable,’ than Warrior is.

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Guardian, no question. Balance changes to them are very minor at this point.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: longshot.1397

longshot.1397

totally agree.. guardian.. as whole largley unchanged. other classes are getting tweaks an changes every release…

Strongest or current meta is different to stable and warrior is constantly changed..def not stable…

guardian is both stable, strong and largely welcome is groups/pugs and all aspects of play. other classes such as necro/ranger/thief/mesmer omplaints are pretty warranted. elementalist is also pretty darn good but doesn’t have the range of play guardian does and also requires a high degree of knowlege and prolly the highest combat requirements (switching from earth,fire,air,water) constantly to get the best bang.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Guardians are so stable there’s mold growing on them >.>

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Guardian definitely. Perfect balance between damage and survivability.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

The guardian… That old dust covered relic left to rot and fester in the upper attic.

My god…it needs some fresh air…

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

The guardian… That old dust covered relic left to rot and fester in the upper attic.

Can’t see why you say that. Guardian has been my main and its easily my strongest character. Excellent damage output, excellent healing capability, excellent maneuverability… Its a great class. My current build even lets me use a one-handed sword, which is my favorite weapon. Its just a pity that the Focus is much more powerful than the shield. I’d much rather use a shield.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Back during beta, QA somewhat answered this (was their opinion) by stating that Warrior was the most complete and treated as the pillar class that everyone else balanced around.

But that was back during beta.

Posted by: Benkei.6293

Benkei.6293

the best after the guardian role has being fullfilled is Warrior, Guardian is definetly better in single situation.

after you are partied with a guardian, a warrior will double their life pools and leech 100% of the guardian buffs and heals ending up with more effectiveness overall at the end.

Guardian is better, but if you play with the other 5+ people above my msg playing their guardian… then warrior is the most effective choice

Posted by: Sundar.1735

Sundar.1735

Guardian because unlike the warrior, they don’t rely on stats (damage and high health) to be useful. They have access to virtues, shouts, aoe’s, wall of reflection and in general a lot of skills to buff not just themselves but their whole team while being tanky and doing at least decent damage. Due to this guardians will always be strong whereas a little tweaking of stats could possibly make other classes useless. This is actually the reason why I’ve always felt the guardian is OP.

The reason it barely recieved any significant changes is because the class already works.
No need to fix something that isn’t broken.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

People have become so complacent with Bunker Guardians they’ve given up QQing about them, despite them basically defining the sPvP meta since launch.

Their support is unmatched, their role uncontested and they are heavily thought-after in every content.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Guardian is definitely the most complete and balanced class in game. They have many different builds and weapons that are all useful, not too insanely OP not UP. Their only flaw is probably spirit weapon build having no use anymore.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

I like that it is agreed that Guardian is either close to, or actually the most stable/rounded profession, but it has a whole branch of utilities (Spirit Weapons) that are so weak they’re almost never, ever used.

I like that it is agreed that Guardian is either close to, or actually the most stable/rounded profession, but it has a whole branch of utilities (Spirit Weapons) that are so weak they’re almost never, ever used.

Every class has some useless skills.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Guardian, they are like a rock unchanging…

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Every class has some useless skills.

Yep. Instead of, yaknow, maybe just the most broken professions. That’s the sad part .

It’s kind of compounded on Guard when it’s an entire branch instead of just some from that branch. Again, I know Guardian is not along in that respect either.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

a warrior will double their life pools and leech 100% of the guardian buffs and heals ending up with more effectiveness overall at the end.

“Leech” would suggest that the warriors does nothing in return for the guardian and team they are partied up with.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Shizlam.4310

Shizlam.4310

As a new guardian i’d like to ask. Is a soldier geared guardian good in terms of damage and survivability?

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Soldier’s is a solid choice (I mix in a couple pieces in my gear) for WvWvW where health totals make a big impact.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Shizlam.4310

Soldier’s is a solid choice (I mix in a couple pieces in my gear) for WvWvW where health totals make a big impact.

What about PvE dungeons that kind of thing?

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Zerker is the meta in PvE.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Shizlam.4310

Alright Thanks ^^