The new Hero Panel is awful!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Astroplatypus.4573

Astroplatypus.4573

The UI is clunkier now:

I. Equipment tab is hard to get to. Since Dyes and Wardrobe are in the same sub-tab as this, whenever I open the Hero Panel, wanting to switch out my weapon sets mid-dungeon or something, I have to first exit the dye/wardrobe sub-section and then click again enter the equipment sub-section before I can switch in my other weapons/armor/etc. Why does it automatically open into Wardrobe or Dyes first, even while Equipment is more often used? If you want them to be separate tabs, they should be in the sidebar, not as sub-tabs of the appearance section.

II. Display is cramped: The new emphasis on extra sidebars (in the Traits panel and the Equipment panel) makes the window too small to display everything at a comfortable size; it all looks squished, especially if you have a charr character like I do. Just make the window bigger, or resizable.

III. Traits are a pain to switch/allocate: Okay, this is literally the worst of all of these. In order to allocate a new trait, I have to click on the trait line, click the dialog box (whether I want to allocate traits or not), then go to the scroll menu and scroll down or up to the trait I want, then click on the trait with the right hexagon selected in the trait line. This is total kitten. The sidebar isn’t too much of an issue, really. But, WHY did anet remove the drop-down menus for each trait slot? There’s no reason why we can’t have both and just use whichever is more comfortable.

I don’t normally post on these forums, but this was such a big annoyance for me that I had to make this topic. Sorry that it’s basically a huge rant…. honestly, all of the other changes with this patch are pretty solid.

So, what do you guys think about the new UI? there are some good things but mostly bad….

Posted by: SpaceCowKing.4658

SpaceCowKing.4658

I agree.. the new equipment/dye ui is pretty bad.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The new UI is a hotmess. They really swung for the fence when they tried to make it as clunky as possible.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Sol Solus.3167

Sol Solus.3167

It should only take 1 click to move between equipment, wardrobe, and dye panels, not 2.

Rainmeter overlays:
World Boss Timer | WvW Map

Posted by: Trojan.1839

Trojan.1839

This entire patch seems pretty awful. The hero panel is a hot mess, TP is still broken half the time, Im still stuck in divinity overflow, champ trains are broken (which may prove to be a + for me personally even if it screws an entire segment of players since I make my G off the TP) my transmuted weapons now have stupid generic names.

And this 14 point trait system is the clunkiest POS I have seen, it reminds me of the bad old days of 1980’s pen and paper RPGs. ANET you had a pretty elegant system going with you 70 point system. Its bad enough that they thought the player base was too dumb to handle all those points but the new system pretty mediocre

Posted by: TheTechnician.1078

TheTechnician.1078

I’m beginning to wonder if they are making things clunky and un-user-friendly, slowing progression (and sense of progression) on purpose, to drive people away, to reduce the server loads and traffic, streamlining it for those who will be left (and it saves them money having to pay for the data usage bills).

It’s the only possible explanation.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I love the new Hero panel. To me the way we can now transmute our outfits or weapons is a significant improvement on the old system and it is so much simpler to understand. I no longer approach a transmutation with my heart in my mouth. Appreciate having all the skins I own unlocked. I was pleasantly surprised when I also got the skins of weapons and armour that I was salvaging (whether I wanted them or not). I would like a preview implemented though.

I also think the new trait system is well done as well. I like how we can change them at our whim and no cost. It will take some time to figure out what traits suit my play style best but at least I can experiment at my leisure.

Posted by: ThatDudeJon.2597

ThatDudeJon.2597

I’m beginning to wonder if they are making things clunky and un-user-friendly, slowing progression (and sense of progression) on purpose, to drive people away, to reduce the server loads and traffic, streamlining it for those who will be left (and it saves them money having to pay for the data usage bills).

It’s the only possible explanation.

That actually sounds really realistic. I really don’t see any other reason. Shame really, GW 2 is all I play on my free time.

Member of [Death Corps]

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

I was just coming on to make a thread about this exact same topic. The new UI for the hero panel is very unfriendly now. You cant even see your stats and equipment on first opening the screen anymore, you need to click another tab just to use the section that is used more then any other part of the hero panel.

Before the patch I would have put money on that the wardrobe was going to be its own tab just like everything else is in the hero panel (traits, achievements, etc.). Really it is that one simple fix I think that you could do to take out almost all of the complainers about the wardrobe system. Doing what you did is why players are thinking that they are supposed to just switch clothes at a drop of a hat when they want through just the wardrobe. I from the get go got what you intended it to be; and that is just an easy way to make your suits, as far as skins is concerned.

I thought it was obvious that if you want extra sets to change into whether it is for different looks or for backup suits for when main set get destroyed and cant go to a repair at the time. Like in many major boss fights or fractals, this is what I usually do (have a back-up of man build and one with a defensive build). The wardrobe was only to make it easier to make those sets and put the skins you want on them, you still have to carry the actual pieces though, you just get to free up bank and storage space by not needing to keep all the pieces you kept just for the skin for possible other toons. Could have sworn that would be a duh thing but obviously with all the complainers it isn’t.

So to just state one more time to you Anet(not the community) split the wardrobe from the equipment tab and make it it’s own tab, and many things will most likely be solved.

For the community, the duh moment I stated that I thought was obvious, you just need to realize this and except it. Its not a big deal, I don’t know many games that have a strong focus on skins or “costumes” like GW2 does that allows you to do what it is that you seem to think you were going to be able to do. Those transmutation charges are pretty much the exact same thing as the crystals. Now we just got a ton of them for free buy getting to exchange all those crap under 80 ones that are free for ones that do what the paid ones did before. I got like 30 of them, the way I see it is I just got a free 1000 gems or something of gem store items. Stop complaining and be happy that we got something good out of it.

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I love the new Hero panel. To me the way we can now transmute our outfits or weapons is a significant improvement on the old system and it is so much simpler to understand. I no longer approach a transmutation with my heart in my mouth. Appreciate having all the skins I own unlocked. I was pleasantly surprised when I also got the skins of weapons and armour that I was salvaging (whether I wanted them or not). I would like a preview implemented though.

I also think the new trait system is well done as well. I like how we can change them at our whim and no cost. It will take some time to figure out what traits suit my play style best but at least I can experiment at my leisure.

They could have just made traits resets free and left it all alone. Instead we get a kittened 14 lvl system with huge grind between those levels

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

Faith in the community restored haha, someone else that actually understood what the wardrobe was supposed to be.

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast