The new "Heroic Edition" items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MarioDX.9423

MarioDX.9423

Q:

Hey guys,
I was one of the original GW2 players. I played all the Betas (also played GW since `06).
now I do wonder if the new items included in the Digital Deluxe Versions will also be handed out retroactively?
What do you guys think?

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

They should not be handed out retroactively. Everyone bought their collectors edition knowing what was in the “box”. Anet should not give us whats in the new one. No one would ask any other retailer to give promotional items to them on a different sale a year later.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I doubt it. Personally I’ve seen this question asked anytime a game comes with a new edition that includes new stuff, and I at least I don’t remember any game giving the rewards retroactively like that.

And personally, while I do think it would be a nice thing to do, don’t really see why they should in the first place… would be kinda like going to a store demanding free french fries because the they’re offering them for free with burgers today and you ate one a month ago.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

I agree that they shouldn’t be handed out retroactively, but I think it’d be a nice little thing for those who have maybe at least one elite armor set in the Hall of Monuments. Maybe if you get three then you get all of them, as a fairer way of handling it? The reason I suggest this is mainly because of the fact that these are all, as they say, legacy armors, and the existing armor sets that were provided, while nice, didn’t really appeal to any of that silly nostalgia of the original GW1 players.

(As a sidenote, calling it silly isn’t meant as a criticism of the GW1 players, just the sense of nostalgia in general.)

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It won’t be done retroactive. It’s like you buying a TV from a store in March and then wanting a free blu-ray player when it’s part of a December promotion with a TV purchase.

You bought the deluxe edition (or regular) with what was included at that time. You did not buy a lifetime ability to receive every addition they include in it over the years.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

That kinda sad, because they are not offering just the “Heroic Edition” items (as far as i’m aware), so now if any of the people who already bought the digital and want any of those items, we have to pay about 20 bucks for a couple new items, then the 20 bucks we used back when we got 5 new items.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Theres already a precedent for ANet doing just this . Although i would rather they not have done it the first time there is at least some hope that you’ll get your goodies

Posted by: Argel.8274

Argel.8274

The mistake anet made was saying everything in the HE is included in the DDE. They should have kept it separate (like the Bonus Missions, the summing stone for < lvl 20 characters, etc. in GW1). Then they could offer current players (regular or DDE) the option to buy [insert more appropriate name here (such as Starter Pack)]. I don’t even know how a marketing blunder like this even happened — it’s not like this is some new genre or anet’s first game, etc.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

There’s no new items. The armor is available in the gemstore for 500gems, an 18-slot box costs like 1 or 2g, and exp boosters are quite useless.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.