The new PvE meta has become zerging around over maps ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Hey there.

I for one got the impression, that the new PvE meta has become zerging around over certain maps.

While the Living Story has certainly introduced “zerg-friendly” events, like Invasions, Labyrinth, the Queen’s Hall of Zergination etc, and is promoting it with achievements,
the open world has also been altered to support this kind of gameplay.

Tequalt needs a giant zerg to even have a chance to be defeated (sort of LS content though), champion trains are popular and still rewarding.

The new LS encourages zerging for possible champion spawns and even marks the zerg spots on the map (sort of like with invasions).

Even Wv3 is mostly zerg content, at least if you want the most reward for your time.

So is this intended to be the meta design of PvE and Wv3? Is this the endgame that will be polished over the years?
The Zerg is surely entertaining for some time, but gets boring pretty fast afterwards. I fear I might get a bore out at one point. Challenging content on the other hand can be a pain in the kitten, causing burn out left and right. But as for the LS, challenge is mostly not part of the design, and I think, a bit of it would not hurt too much.

Maybe, it is all just my personal impression, so feel free to share your 2c.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You only see this level of activity in other games when they first launch or they put out an expac. Here it never stops!

It’s a phenomenom

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

They encourage the Zerg. But I like to call it Grind Wars 2 personally.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It never stops because the reward is the same, and sometimes even better. Zerg is the cancer of this game.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Hay there are back not seen some one made one of these in some time X wars 2 post etc..

Any way the main reason for “zerg” in gw2 is due to the tagging system well the lack of one every one get there own loot from a mob as long as they done enofe dmg or are in a pt with ppl doing dmg. We do not see this type of play in other mmorpgs because each mob gives a very set amount of lot regardless of how many are there to fight it. In a way these “zerg” makes loot a lot easier to get and gives more reward for ppl to play together as a group. So in GW2 farming is more about team work where in other mmorpgs farming is more about composition.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

. So in GW2 farming is more about team work where in other mmorpgs farming is more about composition.

I don’t see a lot of teamwork in the zerg’s I’ve been in. It’s more like everyone for themselves in a rush rush to tag the champ enough so you get loot. Woe betide you if you are slow or get downed.

Zergs here are in my experience the antithesis of team work.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

So in GW2 farming is more about team work where in other mmorpgs farming is more about composition.

Let’s be honest here. Farming in GW2 is the same as farming in any other MMO. The only difference is you can blob up on GW2.

Whether that’s good or bad lies in personal preference.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So in GW2 farming is more about team work where in other mmorpgs farming is more about composition.

Let’s be honest here. Farming in GW2 is the same as farming in any other MMO. The only difference is you can blob up on GW2.

Whether that’s good or bad lies in personal preference.

Its realty not the same as farming in other mmorpgs. In most mmorpg you must clame mobs before other ppl so you can get the loot. If your farming in a group only one set of loot is dropped for the pt and it must be broken out between the players. Now in GW2 any one can lay clame to a mob by putting enofe dmg on it and the loot is per player and not per mob. The game of GW2 gives out a great deal more loot to the player base because of this type of loot / tagging system.

I don’t see a lot of teamwork in the zerg’s I’ve been in. It’s more like everyone for themselves in a rush rush to tag the champ enough so you get loot. Woe betide you if you are slow or get downed.

Zergs here are in my experience the antithesis of team work.

Its not so much of a question of if the players play as a team in a zerg but that there is less competition between the players to tag a mob to get loot. In GW2 its a great deal more rewarding to move in a larges group there by making an instinctive to play as a team vs other mmorpg where there is an instinctive to move in smaller groups due to composition between players. It more of a human thing to not stop to helped down ppl there not much you can do to make ppl less “mean” to each other in that way.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

What’s the alternative? It’s open world content, people have similar goals they organize and join. Do you want more instancing? What do you replace “zergs” with?

My only issue with zergs is that the champions aren’t dynamic enough to challenge other skills besides dps.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.