The new Tequatl O____O

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

Just think, they probably would have killed it if they didn’t bring any condition classes.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

i like the new mechanics but if it makes event failable and not doable and rewards stink no one will want to do it. i know me for love teq the way he was and if its get too much time for to little reward i wont do him. im a casual my time in game isnt a lot so i have to manage what i do. i applaud them for trying they are always great on that aspect and im sure if this get to be an event that no one does they will revamp it again either make it better rewards or not as hard.

The event can fail. It requires coordination and people not dying to stupid crap like circles on the ground and giant waves coming at you. Things people should have mastered by level 5.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Just think, they probably would have killed it if they didn’t bring any condition classes.

They’re all in clerics gear. DPS isn’t as effective in this live demo of the new Teq.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Actually considering he has a stackable armor buff that conditions can go through I’d say they could have used more condition professions.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

I think it’s a step in the right direction, but if done right, it will be punishing and unforgiving. Meaning those who don’t communicate or coordinate (such as in today’s encounter) should not be rewarded just for cursorily helping.

How will ArenaNet control this?

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

and require more than just mindlessly shooting at his foot

How?

I have missed the beginning of the stream, so I’m wondering if there’s any mechanic I haven’t seen yet. But from what I saw, the new mechanics are:

1. Turrets around the dragon. The (rather cute) QA girl mentioned they are not really needed to defeat Teq, and they don’t appear to make much of a difference. They remind me of the Shatterer and Jormag turrets, that no one care about.

2. Sometimes the dragons teleport players to underwater, where they take damage over time if they don’t swim up. Since people can just swim up and go back to the fight, doesn’t look like much to me.

3. There’s a new wave attack that people can jump over. It looks like it does damage, but nothing too complex.

…And that’s it? The other mechanics (bone walls, the fingers, the fear-inducing breath) were there already.

I have seen in the stream a couple groups trying and failing to kill Teq – which is a good thing, we want challenging content – but not because they weren’t coordinated enough or didn’t multitask important things while doing damage to the dragon or anything like that, no; rather because they didn’t do enough damage to what is basically a massive damage sponge.

Was there more to the fight, something I missed from the earlier comments? Or is this something like the HotW boss fights, just doing a lot of damage to a sponge?

1) The turrets help prevent the bone walls that significantly slow down the event, and need to be protected from hordes of Risen that will destroy them. Also I didn’t see what they do, but they said that people will definitely want to receive the buffs they give.

2) That attack looks kinda lackluster but it may kill low HP players, its damage didn’t look bad at all

3) When he flies up you have to protect 4 different batteries that charge up a laser. It spawns some particularly slow Risen that explode on death, thus you will have to avoid killing them near the batteries.

That’s it from what I’ve seen.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

Actually considering he has a stackable armor buff that conditions can go through I’d say they could have used more condition professions.

Conditions are still capped. Capping Burning and Bleed takes about 4 players. There will be 100+ on the map.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

the third group actually made me think it isnt going to be that bad and if it is im sure anet will tweek it a bit. im hoping rewards are decent compared to time and effort. thats the reason i hardly do jormag the time to do him for the same rewards of other dragons makes him low on list to do for my short time of play. i does look like some coordination going to be needed so that a plus makes it more exciting fight not the same old press the button until he dies

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Agreed Ricky. I’m sure they’ll at least either chip away a TINY bit of HP, or increase the timer by a few minutes. Either way, I’m glad they have failure conditions and a time limit.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

i like the new mechanics but if it makes event failable and not doable and rewards stink no one will want to do it. i know me for love teq the way he was and if its get too much time for to little reward i wont do him. im a casual my time in game isnt a lot so i have to manage what i do. i applaud them for trying they are always great on that aspect and im sure if this get to be an event that no one does they will revamp it again either make it better rewards or not as hard.

Teq was boring the way he was! In between runs I’d read the forums on my ipad while pewpewpewing with my ranger. I’ve been wanting more excitement with it since the second time I did this event.

I missed the viewing of this but I can’t wait to try it out.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

The turrets get rid of poison fields that would otherwise stay indefinitely

They break through his armored scale thing buff that stacks on him periodically making you deal less damage to him which when fully stacked makes him invulnerable till his bone wall is destroyed.

They drop boons on players.

No idea what the other abilities do.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

It looks like they probably did a pretty nice job with this revamp of Tequatl.

The sense I’m getting from reading all of the above, though, is that for many, it’s too little, too late, and while very nice, not anywhere near the top of the list of big issues that players have with GW2.

I’m wondering if this is just another thing that’s feeding the impression that ArenaNet aren’t really listening…

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Huh, what? Any patch notes about this? I didn’t know about it

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Nice update. But making bosses harder risks making them a ghost town if its easier to just go and farm champs in frostgorge. Hopefully the loot is on par with the effort.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

ricky markham.8173

its gets me excited the new mechanics but when they change stuff i always get worried. they have a history of making stuff better and some worse. i love teq(mainly for the looks of him) and hope this makes it awesome fight and one i want to do every day for fun and rewards alike

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Kyrel.8942

It was previewed at PAX for a patch being released on the 17th.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

ricky markham.8173

its not coming til the 17th so youll probably see the release notes then

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Agreed Ricky. My one concern is low populated hours of the night and one other, more prominent concern. People going “Why do this when I can just farm champs in ________?” That’s my biggest fear.

I love the look of this new revamped fight but I know the GW2 population and most that I’ve experienced would rather take the path of least resistance at all costs. That’s my biggest worry is that people will go “Oh I failed, WTF? NERF IT OR I’LL JUST CHAMP FARM IN QUEENSDALE OR FROSTGORGE” And then never show up again because it’s not just a loot pinata.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

I have nothing to complain about Tequatl atm :P
I’m quite happy of what I’ve saw

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

considering that the risen spawn seems to upscale well, i wonder if people won’t try to join just to farm champions (thus making it harder on others). Unless of course the spawn drops no loot (which would be also bad)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Kyrel.8942

considering that the risen spawn seems to upscale well, i wonder if people won’t try to join just to farm champions (thus making it harder on others).

The spawning adds don’t drop loot.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

Any video uploaded of this or something, after it was shown at PAX?

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

It’s still going on and it will be for at least 2h. Try tomorrow at http://www.twitch.tv/Guildwars2

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Ah I see. But wouldn’t it be interesting if the dragon boss moved around? Maybe he will!

But I have 1 concern. What if new re-done bosses turn out like Karka Queen? Too difficult so nobody will bother with it? I see this as a possibility.

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Where did they show the new encounter?

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

RyuDragnier.9476

The new and improved Teq has a chance of dropping ascended equipment. That alone will keep a large amount of people coming.

[hS]

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

No, Ryu, it is not. Not if the difficulty is too high for pug zerg.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I might have to try it again. I’ve done that fight maybe twice. And not within the last 10 months.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

what the hell is that?…squint….HOLY SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOO TIDAL WAVE!!!!!!!!…

yeah…thats what i did watching the live stream.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Unfortunately you’re right. Typical GW2 players are casual as hell and need to zerg to get anything done. This will require coordination so I’m hoping it creates a good enough following with actual skilled players.

And to whoever mentioned it earlier, they won’t be able to farm champions since none of the mobs from the event give loot. To compensate this they’ve upscaled his rewards by a crap load.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

RyuDragnier.9476

Weren’t there only like 20-40 people there, all in cleric’s gear and with preset traits, slot skills, etc, meaning they weren’t at full potential power? I have a feeling we’ll blow through that without MUCH problems.

[hS]

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

If they new ascended weapons have the same drop rate as precursors from world boss chests, you might as well just accept your probabilty of getting one is so slim you would be more likely to win the $500 million lottery every year for the rest of your life.

Just for reference, the Karka Queen event goes for hundreds of hours on the CD server without being done quite regularly. I saw it go past 800 hours a month or two ago without being done.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Sparkfly overflow incomiiiiiiing!!!!

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

All I see is + 100.000.000.000 HP added to him and a few dungeon mechanics in the process. I already told myself ‘nope, this is not for me, i hate spamming dps, and have the feeling it won’t finish for the first hours’. Then they show ‘finish it or you don’t get 100 achievements’. Lame, very lame. Anet.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

I’m excited for events that can fail. Now all they need are epic consequences for failure.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’m excited for events that can fail. Now all they need are epic consequences for failure.

Well if the new rewards are of the same chances that we have come to know then failing will most likely only result in a missed out rare, a green or two, a blue, and a few silver. In other words no real consequence at all.

Serenity now~Insanity later

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Well if the new rewards are of the same chances that we have come to know then failing will most likely only result in a missed out rare, a green or two, a blue, and a few silver. In other words no real consequence at all.

Right it was a hope/request, not a comment at how it is likely to be initially.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Once again the loot has been adjusted to award success. Ascended items, minipets, and ascended crafting materials is not “blues and greens”.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

People have been complaining about the loot pinata bosses since launch, so it’s nice to see them finally being worked on. Hopefully they can do several at the same time.

To the nay-sayers … this is definitely an oft asked feature so it just shows some people can never be happy. I’m neutral until I’ve played him.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I really hope he drops Tequatl tokens you can exchange for his unique drops instead of it being a RNG fest though.

Here inlies my major concern. If it is a extremely low chance at the rewards beyond the 1 rare we have now, it simply will not sustain players. Thus it will all be for not as players will avoid it after the initial surge.

I hope I am wrong and they have taken that into consideration, but going by historical actions I don’t think I am.

I will also reserve judgment, but I am concerned that the new version of the event will result in some guilds on some servers doing the event regularly, while on other servers the event will be unattended in perpetuity. This is what has happened with Orr Temples, so why expect anything different.

I’m also concerned that ANet is making changes based on the complaints of what may very well be a vocal minority rather than polling what may very well be a silent majority. Changing/creating more and more events that require large numbers of players means that the days of responding to a call out in a zone to come to x event are gone. It’s too bad, as that was enjoyable. If this continues, all we’ll have are massive events that are lagfests of particle spam.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

ricky markham.8173

im hoping guild make this an event cause it looks like coordination will be a factor. im hoping the third group of 60 people almost did it. most tequatl group go from 20 to 100 that ive seen so larger group might take him off hours groups might not. the big thing is if the rewards are good enough. they stated ascended gear and the mini could drop as for guaranteed they didnt say but if a guaranteed ascended was given for beating him that might be enough to bring people. the event will take quite a chunk of time. guess all we can do is hope they didnt do us wrong and usually anet does good on that type of stuff. it is what people have been asking for well some for harder dragon events so im hoping they are happy. im sure once we get our hands into him itll be science and we will have the formula to beat him in no time. gw players always have a knack for that. so im upbeat about the changes might be something we recal foundly 5 years from now

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

My concern with the new event is that info flying about says 80+ people is optimal for the event. In my timezone when I log on there is not even close to that amount of people for any world event so far. I fear that Tequatl will become just like Orrian events – completely abandoned with every single event in its fail state.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Once again the loot has been adjusted to award success. Ascended items, minipets, and ascended crafting materials is not “blues and greens”.

Depends on the drop chance. Technically current dragon chests drop precursors, after all.
Just saying.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

Ok and that’s why I’m saying you have a poor attitude.

So, i have a poor attitude because in my opinion anet hypes their product too much?

Sure, everyone has a opinion but doesn’t make it logical. A company that hyped there product too much, why yes, they do want a profit and are a business at heart. If a business didn’t hype there products..oh wait they all do because its actual good business strategy, asking them to not do so isn’t lucrative and generates no buzz/money for the game.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

It looks like they probably did a pretty nice job with this revamp of Tequatl.

The sense I’m getting from reading all of the above, though, is that for many, it’s too little, too late, and while very nice, not anywhere near the top of the list of big issues that players have with GW2.

I’m wondering if this is just another thing that’s feeding the impression that ArenaNet aren’t really listening…

What bugs are these? Honestly, I haven’t ran into a game breaking bug in a very long time.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

This is my opinion too, people fail enough and then stop trying, you get these small populations that enjoy the “i might not win scenario” but the rest just go “f that, too much trouble” and move on, i just don’t understand these lets make it so hard we fail it every time and call it fun generation or whatever it is.

We are seeing this same thing with the queens portal events, players are failing so much they are getting tired of doing the events, which then makes it fail more.. I can’t see how this is classed as fun..

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

When did they say that Tequatl was going to be changed?

I understand that they intend to change world bosses, but i havent heard anything.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

during today’s twitch stream

Serenity now~Insanity later

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

during today’s twitch stream

So it is not live yet?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

All I see is + 100.000.000.000 added to him and a few dungeon mechanics in the process. I already told myself ‘nope, this is not for me, i hate spamming dps, and have the feeling it won’t finish for the first hours’. Then they show ‘finish it or you don’t get 100 achievements’. Lame, very lame. Anet.

Did you watch the live stream? There is now more to the fight than just “spamming dps” and it’s entirely possible we will fail it. A lot.

Which is exactly the kind of thing the game needs. I’m looking forward to it.