The new armor

The new armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Wow I just saw the new exo suit armor on a Charr.

It looks nearly identical to some of the stuff I wear in Star Trek Online ( STO .) I really don’t like the idea of STO in Tyria.

We are much better off with Charr steampunk and Asuran magitech please.

( Though, my gold geared Xindi Aquatic Narcine dreadnought from STO would wreck whole continents in Tyria in seconds. Balthazar’s got nothing on the Iconians )

Mesmerising Girl

The new armor

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Don’t buy it?

I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s definitely very Asuran in name and appearance.

We’ve lots of ‘advanced’ science themed skins for armor, weapons and gathering tools.

Kitten.

The new armor

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Precisely so. I find that advanced technology ( such as the force fields displayed by the latest armor ) ruins the atmosphere of GW2.

Much better the Charr attempt at a Chinook style helicopter or the semi plausible Asura magitech.

If I wanted tech armor, weapons and techniques I could run ground missions in STO with my very well equipped henchies and heroes. ( There known as “Bridge Officers” )

Mesmerising Girl

The new armor

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

it reminds me of mass effect

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

The new armor

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It also looks like something that has been in game since launch. Which means it fits in this game, regardless if whether or not it reminds you of another game.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

The new armor

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

It looks nearly identical to some of the stuff I wear in Star Trek Online ( STO .) I really don’t like the idea of STO in Tyria.

Star Trek Online?

I could have sworn arenanet copy pasted some of the sith Star Wars: ToR armor into the game.

That being said, combine the armor with plasma weapons and you are 90% on your way to be a fullblow sith lord (at least my mesmer is).

Maybe the next outfit will be some jedi like robes with lots of particle effects?

The new armor

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Nah, the next outfit will likely be a rubbery butt-cape but with glowy bits like a Goodyear Oscar’s fashion miss. The female version will, of course, be moreso.

The new armor

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So far included among all the outfits we’ve have, we gotten outfits based on human religion (Balthazar, Lyssa, Dwayna), Sylvari cultural armor (Verdant Executor), all races cultural clothing (Wedding Attire), Tyrian holidays (Mad King), Norn cultural armor (Braham’s Wolfblood), the current expansion (Harbringer of Mordremoth, Nature’s Oath, Slayer’s) as well as outfits I suspect are themed to the next expansion (Crystal Arbiter, Crystal Nomad, Crystal Savant). And now we have this outfit which is clearly modeled after Asuran Cultural armor. It fits the game, and outfits themed to races is a nice way to let other races use a specific look that’s otherwise unavailable to them.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_outfits

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

The new armor

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

like… asura stuff are practically the same….

The new armor

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Now we just need an exo suit trench coat to come full circle.

aka. “The Complainer”