The new bot train appeared after the bot-speech on forums.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

At shelter’s gate there are 10-15 level 2-3 ranger/warrior bot group as of today. These are new. They also level up as time goes. Now i reported every single one of them but my wonder is why did they appear like this all of a sudden?

Is it cause what the forum post states they can’t ban the bots unless its obvious and they are working on new ways to prove bots..so those cant be banned ones are like till next patch we will kitten this spot ?

This also is the time when shelter gate on my server ( Seafearer’s Rest) now has more bots than real people.

Now i know arenanet does stuff to fight bots so im not just whining and it is not a hate post either. I just wonder if that could be the cause of this sudden bot trains appearing?

[Picture removed by CC, don’t post player names]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

They are there because the people who use botters do not read the forums, and thus, don’t care about arenanet saying they’ll ban more bots. They’re using stolen accounts, so any bots caught does not affect them financially, they will simply replace it with a new stolen account.

The locations they pick are varied; you just happened to run into an area they favor.

In short, just keep reporting and blocking as usual.

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

I read it 3 times but i cannot make out with any sort of certainty what the actual question is (im not trying to be snide btw)

i will try to answer tho.
They can never just perma ban any account on just a suspicion , this is true for every mmo. Benefit of the doubt will have to be given until proven otherwise in to prevent banning legitimate players.

Problem with gold sellers/botters is that they have a long laundry list of hacked accounts at the ready , ban one and they start using the other. This takes some time after the first initial ban wave to go to the low minimum (no popular mmo has NO bots at any point in time).

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

They are there because the people who use botters do not read the forums, and thus, don’t care about arenanet saying they’ll ban more bots. They’re using stolen accounts, so any bots caught does not affect them financially, they will simply replace it with a new stolen account.

The locations they pick are varied; you just happened to run into an area they favor.

In short, just keep reporting and blocking as usual.

I think this is why its so hard for Arena to ban them ? Since bots are using hacked accounts,i think Arena doesn’t want to bann them instantly but find out whos the original account holder ? I mean..lets say my account got hacked and is being used as a bot..and a week later someone reporting my char for botting,How would arena deal with this ? If they bann..do they try to figure out if my account is really a bot account or a hacked account ? do they bann my account or the persons ip?

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Posted by: fefner.5729

fefner.5729

just ban all Chinese ip addresses problem solved

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

What i meant is.. if you read what arenanet said it clearly means that they are having trouble proving people are botting in some cases and they will give accounts back if they appeal for the bans thus they are trying to make some upgrades so they can perma ban the botters.

And i think this encouraged some botters to do even more. I mean if i was botting for weeks without getting banned – i’d use it on a lot more accounts after reading that.

Just wondered if this could be the case or it is just pure coincedence ..the timing.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Hardly anyone on my server goes to Shelter or Penitent anymore because of the bots =( Everytime I’m there I hardly see anyone. Oh, and bots are catching on to huge groups carrying bears are giving them away, this group of bots I’ve seen had drake pets instead.

Posted by: kistell.5684

kistell.5684

OP your right about this “( Seafearer’s Rest) now has more bots than real people.”

I have now got 122 active bots on my friends list i reported.

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

be warned and be scared of bots roaming around wvwvw, i saw a pack of guardians, (group of 4 members with random names, regular 80, not green arrowed)

i tried to kill them to no avail, but i still lost the battle (im so weak)

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

What i meant is.. if you read what arenanet said it clearly means that they are having trouble proving people are botting in some cases and they will give accounts back if they appeal for the bans thus they are trying to make some upgrades so they can perma ban the botters.

And i think this encouraged some botters to do even more. I mean if i was botting for weeks without getting banned – i’d use it on a lot more accounts after reading that.

Just wondered if this could be the case or it is just pure coincedence ..the timing.

The great majority of botters are goldsellers, (i dare to say more then 90% of botters are goldsellers) they have to make ingame currency to sell it. Those goldsellers do not care 1 bit for the accounts that they use. They did not care before the speech and they do not care any more after the speech. Nothing about the botting problem is any different then what botters have encountered in any other MMO. Nothing that Anet has said is much if any different from policies in other popular mmo’s.

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

How do they get low level characters to Orr?, I tried to go into a lvl 40 zone with a lvl 20 but the agro range was tremendous, mobs ran after me from miles away. Shelter in Orr on Gandara server is the same, lots of low lvl characters with a couple of lvl 80’s.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Posted by: ANGRYShavedWhale.7563

ANGRYShavedWhale.7563

What I seem to find weird, is there really this many mindless people who fall trap? If it was hacked accounts, why all the garbled letters as names? I call for the invincible bunny idea someone proposed awhile back!!

(edited by ANGRYShavedWhale.7563)

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

Why do you guys keep making posts about bots? They have told you what they are doing and why it takes time, yet you keep making posts about bots that only get closed and you get an infraction.

They are working on it. Report any bots you see and move on. No need to make forum posts about it.

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

You can’t log in to my account from China without knowing the password of my email address it is attached to. You can’t even log in at work with OKing the email.

You think most “bot accounts” are “hacked”? I disagree… especially with this game.

With the right tools one person working an 8 hour day could easily ban 50 bots making no mistakes (If you want to make a few mistakes, you could ban 200 or so). That’s about 1 MILLION in sales a year assuming these bots “re-bought” the game.

I would take it a step further, have two working independently to confirm / ban bots, the tools would make it easy to find them, allow them to see their presence, categorize, look at history of reporting, both come to separate conclusions based on account history and watching them. (if they are warping everywhere like most do, just ban the kitten account already, tools can detect this easy…) You could even have them emulate a mob for .2 seconds, anyone who shoots you in that .2 seconds is a bot. People who LOOT without walking up to the mob are a bot… IT IS SO FREAKING EASY. (yes, I understand the back end code)

Yet, they choose not to do it, they choose to lose > 10 customers a day by not banning 10… it’s an odd business decision especially when there is so much money in it, and the cost for a team is really low.

Remember Mythic with the gold spammer / seller ban counter? The days of “balls” are long gone. Integrity of the game should be the number one thing.

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

How do they get low level characters to Orr?, I tried to go into a lvl 40 zone with a lvl 20 but the agro range was tremendous, mobs ran after me from miles away. Shelter in Orr on Gandara server is the same, lots of low lvl characters with a couple of lvl 80’s.

They get lower level characters in Orr by simply pressing a button that makes them fly.

I’m not joking.

Cod Eye.1632

Why do you guys keep making posts about bots? They have told you what they are doing and why it takes time, yet you keep making posts about bots that only get closed and you get an infraction.

They are working on it. Report any bots you see and move on. No need to make forum posts about it.

Because we are sick to the back teeth with them, they ruin our gaming experience, they ruin the events, they are ruining the economy, players feel they need to take their frustration somewhere and talking about it at least gives some release to that frustration. We are seeing the same characters day after day week after week, after being reported on more occasions than a dare count and they are still allowed to continue. If it bothers you that players need to talk about it in the forum go read a thread that doesnt talk about bots, Simple is it not?

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

Because we are sick to the back teeth with them, they ruin our gaming experience, they ruin the events, they are ruining the economy, players feel they need to take their frustration somewhere and talking about it at least gives some release to that frustration. We are seeing the same characters day after day week after week, after being reported on more occasions than a dare count and they are still allowed to continue. If it bothers you that players need to talk about it in the forum go read a thread that doesnt talk about bots, Simple is it not?

No, you are immature because you don’t like the answer that they have given you on what they are doing.

They tell you they are working on it, what they are doing, and why it takes time. You and the others can’t seem to accept this so you keep making whiny posts about it that do NOTHING except, as you say, “feel they need to take their frustration somewhere”/

That’s how a child responds… it’s called a tantrum.

Cod Eye.1632

No, you are immature because you don’t like the answer that they have given you on what they are doing.

They tell you they are working on it, what they are doing, and why it takes time. You and the others can’t seem to accept this so you keep making whiny posts about it that do NOTHING except, as you say, “feel they need to take their frustration somewhere”/

That’s how a child responds… it’s called a tantrum.

Is that so, and going to every bot thread trolling is not immature i guess?

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone,

this post should answer your questions regarding bots:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lets-talk-about-that-GW2-Article-on-Gamespy/page/2#post558147

It’s not neccessary replying to it by creating this thread to prove a point.
Also, it’s forbidden to post screenshots calling out names, which should be well-known by now.

For those reasons, this thread is closed.

Greetings

(edited by CC Meinke.2749)