The new maps look empty

The new maps look empty

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Merc The Forgotten.5610

Merc The Forgotten.5610

I lvoe the new maps no doubt about that.
I waited a long time for it.
But the maps seems so empty. Everywhere i go i hardly see people around and the challenges mostly are with champions so i also cant do those since i’m alone.
I would love to do my masteries and check more hidden area’s out but you need masteries for it.And no being able to do events means no masteries untill you keep killing mobs which i did for gliding. (such a pain)

alone doing events and not able to do challenges because they are with champs or you need a mastery for it.

Doesnt make me enjoy it very much.
I hope you the dev’s will do something about that so all of us can enjoy the new maps.
I personally think the cap of megaservers for these maps are too low.
The maps are like super big.
100-150cap ain’t enough people for these maps.
I might be wrong but atleast it’s an idea i come up with instead of just saying something.

The new maps look empty

Posted by: Wasabi.6435

Wasabi.6435

dude travel to n other instance the maps are over-loading, thats wy you might be in the one with the least amount of players…

The new maps look empty

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

THEN, on the odd chance someone does show up, they run right by instead of helping, leaving you to face the mob alone…again.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

The new maps look empty

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

Yeah you could def be in an overflow map. You may be able to use the LFG tool to get a taxi to a more populated map. Otherwise I think players are kinda spread thinly with the Halloween events going on. I know I haven’t spent much time in the new areas bc I want to get as much Halloween content complete as I can.

The new maps look empty

Posted by: Merc The Forgotten.5610

Merc The Forgotten.5610

Also like Endless Soul is saying.
Indeed i noticed a lot of people not even bothering ressing anymore.
They prefer now to even run over your body and if you ask for res they ignore you or act like they will ress you and run away.
And overflow map?
Even relogging dont work and it’s all the time.
Each map i go is empty.
And if there is a commander only like 5-7 people with him.

The new maps look empty

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

thank god, i was going to start a thread myself. Where is everybody?

Verdant brink: ok, i saw people doing the wyvern event. After that, only roamers. See a commander sign? it’s just this lone guy trying to beat a champion (we kill it just the 2 of us).

All my experience in verdant brink was a very lonely one. I got prompted to a more populated map twice, only to be put in another desserted map.

Auric bassin is working better so far, but not by much. Still haven’t been able to complete the first easy hero point because no one else shows up.

Where is everybody? farming the halloween events?

The new maps look empty

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

People are too dependent that someone will come and rezz them these days…
Furthermore If you died while at full health what hope is someone going to have at rezzing you and not dieing themselves. If your so angry about people not rezzing join the pro-mount group that way you can get back to your old location without being mauled by every mob you walk past. Also healing doesn’t calculate into event completion and events scale so while rezzing the down is fine rezzing the fully dead is looked down upon because by you simply being there the event is made more difficult and everyone and by not contributing DPS or rezzing the down over the dead you making it harder on the entire group. SO until that changes I don’t rezz the dead until the event is over.

The maps remind me of Orr before the Megaserver so I don’t think they will last as people will revert to SW or DT. The events are too far spread apart and infrequent and while every zone has an event chain it’s not how I though it would be at all. Figured they’d all like DT/SW but they hardly reward anything at all. So once people have mapped and completed story I feel some of these maps not all will start to feel like Southsun.