The new, now current, Trait system...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zabakingboy.7160

zabakingboy.7160

As a veteran player, who started the game with the original trait system, I am very disappointed at the new system. All my toons made before the patch were fine. However, it is quite a pain to use the new trait system on a newly created toon.
I found it unacceptable and lacking consideration for Anet to force players to either explore or pay. If you choose to pay, the traits now cost a lot more gold than it used to, which is also ridiculous. Even if you only buy the ones needed, it will still cost more than before.
I am really hoping that this “unlocking trait” feature will go away soon. Very very annoyed by it, and really, not fun at all.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I can agree with your points, but only to an extent. For me, on my new toons, I actually welcomed the thought of exploring a bit to find a hidden trait. Of course I could skip all that and just buy them, but for me it’s not in the spirit of the game. I’d much rather have another extra reward for exploring.

I have also not noticed my lack of trait skills leveling my new alts; so far they’re either on par, or only slightly below. In other words it’s barely noticeable.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

As a veteran player, who started the game with the original trait system, I am very disappointed at the new system. All my toons made before the patch were fine. However, it is quite a pain to use the new trait system on a newly created toon.
I found it unacceptable and lacking consideration for Anet to force players to either explore or pay. If you choose to pay, the traits now cost a lot more gold than it used to, which is also ridiculous. Even if you only buy the ones needed, it will still cost more than before.
I am really hoping that this “unlocking trait” feature will go away soon. Very very annoyed by it, and really, not fun at all.

Well, I dislike it too, personally. It is not what I find fun, so I do not do it. I just stopped making alts.

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

Prepare for merging. there is a thread with 50 or so pages about this.