The notorious Bladed armor set

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Hai!

Short introduction: I’ve been playing Guild wars2 for about two years
and all I’ve been busy with is pvp.

So I was completing a pvp reward track, rewarding me with the Bladed Gauntlets.
I felt like “oh wow, that’s a nice looking armor set!”
So I started looking around what I had to do to get the rest of the set.

It happens to be a complete pve grind to get the full set.
Why would you do that? Why would you force pvp players to do pve,
just because they want to make their character fashionable?

Back to verdant brink, sigh,

bubai.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Is the track repeatable?
Maybe you get next piece, if you finish it again.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

and there’s no ley-stone armor chest on the dragon stand reward track… i’m dissappointed

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Oh no, you will have to play the new content, woe is me.

Buck up and do a bit of pve, it wont kill you.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Vaa Crow i played the new content (PS) 4 times =D and i got 3 helms yeah !!! i’m so happy (troll)

And got 4 leystone pieces yeah !!! (i’m bored)

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Grinding the events over and over again, hoping they’ll reach t4 ain’t “a bit”

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Then don’t “hope” they’ll reach T4. Use the LFG tool to find a map that’s actively trying to achieve T4 as night-time is approaching. Most players don’t know what to do at night-time or what you get for succeeding at it, so by positioning yourself with other players in your boat who want the armour set, you’ll maximize your chances of success.

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

Off topic but having items be available through PVP only but tradeable seems like a good way for PVP only players to make some money.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Then don’t “hope” they’ll reach T4. Use the LFG tool to find a map that’s actively trying to achieve T4 as night-time is approaching. Most players don’t know what to do at night-time or what you get for succeeding at it, so by positioning yourself with other players in your boat who want the armour set, you’ll maximize your chances of success.

Pretty much this. Did this myself earlier this week for my chest piece. By the time you’re done with all the events, you should have enough for at least one more piece of gear from the Itzel vendors. That’d put you at 3/6, and I think the Personal Story gives you the helm, so 4/6.

Actually, the PS might get you a choice of the “smaller” pieces ( gloves, shoulders, boots etc. ) I’m not sure. I do know I have shoulders and helm that I haven’t bought from the vendors, since I’ve done HoT’s story twice now. If that’s the case, then getting a full set’s pretty darn easy if you have a couple of alts you’re willing to take through HoT for the rewards.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

at first, yes its a farm to get this armor. But then again, if you get into a map that is doing the meta, you have a chance to get a free box at the end. Plus, if you have the mastery that lets you get “trophies” from any mobs, those bags can contain from 5 to 130(highest i’ve gotten) gears.

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

at first, yes its a farm to get this armor. But then again, if you get into a map that is doing the meta, you have a chance to get a free box at the end. Plus, if you have the mastery that lets you get “trophies” from any mobs, those bags can contain from 5 to 130(highest i’ve gotten) gears.

AND at minimum 3 for each Airship Cargo you open. Think I’ve got 25 a few times on those as well.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Hai!

Short introduction: I’ve been playing Guild wars2 for about two years
and all I’ve been busy with is pvp.

So I was completing a pvp reward track, rewarding me with the Bladed Gauntlets.
I felt like “oh wow, that’s a nice looking armor set!”
So I started looking around what I had to do to get the rest of the set.

It happens to be a complete pve grind to get the full set.
Why would you do that? Why would you force pvp players to do pve,
just because they want to make their character fashionable?

Back to verdant brink, sigh,

bubai.

The same reason you have to play pvp to geth the balth backpack, or wvw for the wvw skins, or fractals for fractal gear, etc.

Or how you have to do pvp to build an arena and upgrade it, or wvw to build a war room and upgrade it, or do raids to get raid skins.

Some skins are tied to specific content. This has been true ever since release. it’s not going to change any time soon. I’d be campaigning for more unique pvp skins rather than less unique pve skins.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

The complete and utter lack of respect some players have for the way other players prefer to play a game that is supposedly all about, “play how you want,” is astounding.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I see maps repeatedly failing to get T4, especially at night. So, this is probably going to take some time…

PopeUrban.2578

I see maps repeatedly failing to get T4, especially at night. So, this is probably going to take some time…

The whole design revolves around attaching something special to T4 because it’s the best way to incentivize players to not just do events and hope for the best, but rather to coordinate the map in an attempt to “win” it.

The fact that there is a “lose” condition makes the system work. Without it, literally no map would ever reach T4 because… why bother?

It prevents the whole map from zerging one event after another by creating incentive to split, which generally lowers population per event toward a number that the scaling balances better for fun and challenging play in stead of the core game’s “hit 1 and get loot” snorefest.

It makes even soloing the events there have a sense of teamwork. The way the zones are designed you are still contibuting white a bit to the team. Pulling in a solo supply NPC in VB and flash-upgrading the defenses when you hit 10 players desparately defending a camp feels great. You know you helped, and you know that your solo mission meant something to other people rather than just recieving the empty gratitude of NPCs.

As it is now you can get those rewards, but to do so all the people on the map have to put in the effort as a team. I don’t really see a problem with that. The open world design was always built around the assumption that the players in the map were allies in pursuit of a central cooperative goal. The T4 exclusive rewards simply further cement this concept and ensure that even years down the road you’re much more likely to be able to get a t4 map going.

I got my bladed chest two days ago, and you know what? It felt like an accomplishment, and the people on my map really felt like allies rather than random other people running around chasing their own selfish goals. We were all chasing a shared goal, and play was much improved because of it. I was happy to see people run off a defense event to get supply. I was happy to see some people not go up to the boss event and stay on the ground to hold objectives. It felt like what I imagined the “movie version” of the pact war effort would look like and made playing there a lot more fun, even the ten or so times we failed.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Celtic Lady.3729

I got my bladed chest two days ago, and you know what? It felt like an accomplishment, and the people on my map really felt like allies rather than random other people running around chasing their own selfish goals. We were all chasing a shared goal, and play was much improved because of it. I was happy to see people run off a defense event to get supply. I was happy to see some people not go up to the boss event and stay on the ground to hold objectives. It felt like what I imagined the “movie version” of the pact war effort would look like and made playing there a lot more fun, even the ten or so times we failed.

Well, this is a nice little story, but I’ve only seen anything even remotely approaching this twice in three weeks.

Far more often, I’ve seen a lot of raging and the screaming of obsenities and blaming people in map chat after constant failures as people grow tired of doing the same thing over and over again only to fail…again.

That’s not really my definition of a healthy community.

PopeUrban.2578

Well, this is a nice little story, but I’ve only seen anything even remotely approaching this twice in three weeks.

Far more often, I’ve seen a lot of raging and the screaming of obsenities and blaming people in map chat after constant failures as people grow tired of doing the same thing over and over again only to fail…again.

That’s not really my definition of a healthy community.

That’s not a symptom of the content. That’s a symptom of the community being rude. You can’t design cooperative content without also opening the door for people that would rather be abusive than supportive to be abusing. Those people are going to be abusive and pushy no matter what the content is.

However, if I had to choose between the occasional people whining and yelling at one another, or even more maps of autoattack mindless zerging, I’d pick the first every time. The second is just plain not fun gameplay. The first you can easily filter out of your chat log. You don’t need map chat to actually “play to the meta” on these maps as long as you’re familiar with how they work.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i think real problem is chest piece…. you have to complete level 4 day and night to actually have chance for it… what the hell

given that you would need at least dozen of people with full farmed mastries and more coordination than tripple wurm… i just don’t know :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Xiahou Mao.9701

given that you would need at least dozen of people with full farmed mastries and more coordination than tripple wurm… i just don’t know :/

You don’t need full farmed masteries and a ton of coordination. You just need a map willing to attempt it, which is capable of determining “Is anyone at X Rally Point? If not, get three people there”.

Even if not every Rally Point is defended successfully every time, as long as most are, that’ll be enough. All that takes is people making groups of 3-5 and spreading out over the map.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

i think real problem is chest piece…. you have to complete level 4 day and night to actually have chance for it… what the hell

I did it twice on pug maps today. Its rather easy actually. Just taxi in people with the text “VB T4 attempt taxi, join and leave”.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Celtic Lady.3729

Its rather easy actually. Just taxi in people with the text “VB T4 attempt taxi, join and leave”.

It’s not easy, actually. Otherwise, I’d have seen it happen more than just 2 times in 3 weeks. I’ve played a lot since HoT. I don’t even know what the ratio is, but I must have seen this fail at least 20-25 times for every 1 that I’ve seen succeed.

On just about every map I’ve been on that failed, we also taxied people in, but it didn’t magically get us T4 at night.

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

So the chest is only in VB under successful conditions for a chance? Oh boy

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Is the track repeatable?
Maybe you get next piece, if you finish it again.

No I believe it is not.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It seems to be 100% or close to it chance if you reached 200% map contribution.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I agree in the sense that they should at least have a BOX of selectable blades equipment to choose from, not just the gloves, and MINUS the coat piece due to it being only and reasonably obtainable in pve.

In other words: some things just aren’t meant to be a acquirable in all 3 game modes (pve, pvp, wvw).

Someone can just as easily state “why can’t they have Balthazar Backpiece rewarded in pve content, I don’t wanna be forced to pvp for it.” And vice versa.

It’s nice having things only obtainable in certain aspects of the game; for me it shows you put time and dedication to get things.

Xiahou Mao.9701

You have a chance to get the chest in Verdant Brink from the daytime meta if it makes T4.. which is very easy, assuming the Faren chain doesn’t bug.

If you get T4 at night, you’re guaranteed to get the chest. T4 at night requires some more effort, at least in coordination, but it’s not truly ‘hard’. If your map is canny enough to split up and get 3-5 people in each of the 20 rally points, then you’re set. If people just camp the ones closest to waypoints with 10-20 people, then you’re going to fail.

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Ive led a variety of VB maps to T4/close to T4 and its honestly been one of the most fun things ive done in this game. Sure, there are times where despite really good efforts against the bosses we just miss the mark (looking at you Axemaster) or other occasions where not enough ground work was done before the canopy bosses appear (supplying camps and doing those rampaging mordrem events are VITAL I tell you).

But as my 3 bladed coat boxes will tell you its completely within reach to get T4 as long as you can get the map focused on the goal at hand and constantly reinforce a break in the zerg mentality. If anything alot of the maps I see fail are due to 3 things.
1. People arent making an effort to organize: While I do enjoy organizing, its always nice to see others taking a shot at it for a change which occasionally leads to #2

2. Unclear directions/Incomplete directions: when things such as “Where do the canopy bosses spawn?” or “Should I be running supply”, etc. Things like this can make or break the run, when the map is educated properly on the subject a win becomes that much more certain.

3. Commander/Mentor tags all over the place: Dont think I need to say much here as i’m everyone knows why it can be a problem.

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

There are PvP exclusive skins and PvE exclusive skins. What’s the problem? Besides, you can get chest and headpiece in less than 2 hours of PvE if you really wanted.

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

And you have to do PvP to get dungeon gear now. It all balances out.