The one problem I have with the Action Camera

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

Left-click does not activate auto-attack.

Pressing left-click initiates your first weapon skill. This was announced, and I couldn’t be happier. The idea of freeing part of my keyboard by binding it to the mouse was probably the best highlight of the livestream for me. It does not, however, start the auto-attack for the weapon. Instead, you must hold down left-click to continuously attack.

This is an issue because several actions can be interrupted if you press (or did not release) left-click. What makes this interaction more odd is by pressing another weapon skill, you can activate the auto-attack even though pressing left-click cannot. For example, my Guardian’s Whirling Wrath can be interrupted if I did not release left-click in time after pressing the key for Whirling Wrath. At the same time, activating Whirling Wrath successfully activates the auto-attack without the need to hold left-click.

I feel the following change should be made (or added) to the system:

• If the player has auto-attack available and has a target locked, left-click initiates the auto-attack.
  • If the player does not have auto-attack available or does not have a target locked, left-click must be held down to continuously attack.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Well… fine I’ll say it I’ve been using this while farming CoF p1.

But auto-attack works for me just by placing something on top of the left click, the only time it got interrupted was when I got into reaper shroud. I just left the target on the center of the stack and placed something on top of the left click to go afk so no need to personally held it down.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

Well… fine I’ll say it I’ve been using this while farming CoF p1.

But auto-attack works for me just by placing something on top of the left click, the only time it got interrupted was when I got into reaper shroud. I just left the target on the center of the stack and placed something on top of the left click to go afk so no need to personally held it down.

This has no effect on regular play. Players should be using more than the first skill. If I were in the same position, I too could hold down left-click for the same results. The problem I have is that in regular play, left-click doesn’t operate to the same degree of success as pressing the hotkey for the first skill. It has a strange disconnect where it cannot possibly activate auto-attack on your target, but other attacks can. In fact, if you lock a target (with right-click) and attack another target with a skill (other than pressing left-click), you will auto-attack that secondary target and not your locked target. Left-click should operate as a copy of your first skill (albeit with auto-fire), but it’s simply missing the auto-attack function.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Ah I see what’s your issue now, honestly I haven’t fiddled that much with the action camera I’ve only used it to save my fingers from 1 spamming on bosses and farms but hope it gets fixed soon then.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

Continue to use your normal auto-attack button then. As long as you have the normal auto-attack settings on (changed by ctrl-right clicking the auto-attack skill on your bar) any targeted skill that you use will also trigger auto-attack. A lot of the beauty of the feature is that if you completely turn off auto-attack then your skills will never trigger it, but you still have an easy way to keep attacking without spamming 1 or anything. There aren’t really many occasions where you just won’t be using any other skills, and if there are then pushing 1 like you used to isn’t really a problem. Might want to make sure you don’t have auto-attack turning off when you change targets too.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief