The only problem with the new styles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

(And this also applies to the new hair colors that were added a while back).

It’s fine that these styles are locked behind a hair style kit/makeover kit, BUT there really needs to be a way to preview these things.

I would seriously recommend that you allow new characters to preview these styles in the character creation menu, but have them lock out the character from actually being created or prompt the player to spend the cost of a hair style kit to proceed with the creation (assuming the proper number of gems are available on their account).

Additionally, a preview button on Hair Style and Total Makeover Kits in the gem store would be an amazing feature – one that should have been implemented when they were first released.

Right now, you have to buy a kit just to see what your options are, how they would look on your character, and how you could redesign your character to fit the style. This should not be the case.

If anything, you would get more hair style/makeover kit purchases from the more accessible advertising a preview feature would create.

Posted by: Defora.3694

Defora.3694

In GW1 there was NPC that allowed you to see all possible changes and design you character. Ofc you couldn’t keep/apply any changes if you didn’t have token to do so. I spent so much time on that npc. just looking what my character could be and pondering should I do it. XD

Found it: http://guildwars.com/gameplay/basics/characters/makeovers.php

Anatomical Engineer Llye [Stylist] is located in the Great Temple of Balthazar. Before seeing him, here are a few things you should know:
- Visit the Stylist to get a preview of new looks—even without credits.
- Base your new look on character features from ALL campaigns! Create hundreds of customized appearances not available on character creation.
- The Stylist accepts Makeover Credits, which you can purchase in our In-Game Store or at the NCsoft Store.
- A Makeover Credit allows you to change one character’s appearance.
- An Extreme Makeover Credit allows you change on character’s gender and appearance.

We need something like that. It would be also nice to be able to see different armors there (At least I tend to change my character a bit when I get new armor look).

Necromancer | Elementalist | Mesmer | Thief || Gandara

Posted by: MeatShield.1983

MeatShield.1983

A way to preview would be amazing. I am probably gonna get a new kit but it will suck if I don’t like the looks of the new styles on my character.

Ehmry Bay
Zergs on Demand [ZoD]

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Actually, if Anet was smart…

You could see the new hairstyles at character creation…but a little lock design on it, or a gem, whatever.

That way, you could see it and test it, without all the hassle.

Sigh

This exact suggestion was in the OP.

Posted by: Machiavel.6042

Machiavel.6042

Actually, if Anet was smart…

You could see the new hairstyles at character creation…but a little lock design on it, or a gem, whatever.

That way, you could see it and test it, without all the hassle.

Sigh

This exact suggestion was in the OP.

There, it’s not present anymore. Happy ?

-I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it- Edgar Allan Poe