The only thing i dont like about Guild Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doflamingo.6957

Doflamingo.6957

I have played almost all mmos, when i say all i mean it(well apart from some japanese anime mmos which come out every 3-4 months) Guild Wars 2 was clearly the best one for me and i wont stop playing it until all the Elder Dragons are dead but the only thing that i dont like about it its that its still not on Steam!!!

Steam dominates the whole ditigal world now and its the center of gaming. I really hope to see it there sometime in the future since GW1 is on Steam aswell, yes Valve takes 30% of the money that the games sell but with Guild Wars 2 there the sales of the game will increase even more i dont doubt that they will pass the 10 million in the first week so at the long way ArenaNet will acctualy earn more money both them and Valve i dont see any reason for it not being there but i have hopes even if it takes 5 years i hope il see it on Steam eventualy like all the rest which come there now ESO, Wildstar (yes wildstar is coming in august on Steam https://steamdb.info/sub/68224/) and even Lineage 2 has a steam database now please Guild Wars 2 just come there.

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

I launch it through Steam anyway as a non-Steam game, which is functionally like it being on Steam anyway.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As long as it’s optional.

I avoid using Steam if I possibly can (although it’s getting increasingly difficult to do so) and I’d much rather keep GW2 separate.

But if it’s optional like it is for ESO and only Steam users have to deal with the extra complications it brings then I don’t see any harm in it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Doflamingo.6957

Doflamingo.6957

I launch it through Steam anyway as a non-Steam game, which is functionally like it being on Steam anyway.

Yes im doing this for League of Legends, Guild Wars 2, and some Battle.Net games (Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm etc) Even though you can still add them on Steam its not the same you just have the Steam Overlay,and you can post Screenshots. but it would be much better if Guild Wars 2 was an acctual Steam game with all the other things like having a Steam store page, a Steam community hub, uploading your artwork, having achievements, your hours played and all the rest

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

I hate Steam.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

What would be my major benefit for it to be on steam I wonder…….

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I have played almost all mmos, when i say all i mean it(well apart from some japanese anime mmos which come out every 3-4 months) Guild Wars 2 was clearly the best one for me and i wont stop playing it until all the Elder Dragons are dead but the only thing that i dont like about it its that its still not on Steam!!!

Steam dominates the whole ditigal world now and its the center of gaming. I really hope to see it there sometime in the future since GW1 is on Steam aswell, yes Valve takes 30% of the money that the games sell but with Guild Wars 2 there the sales of the game will increase even more i dont doubt that they will pass the 10 million in the first week so at the long way ArenaNet will acctualy earn more money both them and Valve i dont see any reason for it not being there but i have hopes even if it takes 5 years i hope il see it on Steam eventualy like all the rest which come there now ESO, Wildstar (yes wildstar is coming in august on Steam https://steamdb.info/sub/68224/) and even Lineage 2 has a steam database now please Guild Wars 2 just come there.

I’m sure they’ve already hired a room full of financial and marketing experts to weigh the cost vs. value of including Steam as one of their retail partners; I’m also sure there’s a good financial reason why they chose not to retail on Steam.

On a tangential note: my God, man, punctuations.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I hate Steam.

I can only assume you mean the vapor created when water is heated.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

I hate Steam.

I can only assume you mean the vapor created when water is heated.

You assume wrong. :-)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve no interest in having to be logged into a third party in order to play a game. I did it for Skyrim but it was annoying, especially as that game was single player so I’d have preferred to play offline.

Why should ANet make access to their game dependent on some other company having its servers up?

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

I ran Steam for a couple other games, ug, I hated it.
If you want the option to run it through there, sure why not.
But don’t make it mandatory for everyone.
I personally don’t want to run through a 3rd party.
The hassles that 3rd parties are more than a reason not to use Steam.

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

Don’t see the point in this seeing how the only argument for it is “It’s popular yo”

You can add it as a non-steam game, that’s good enough

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness