The overall dmg nerf is a lot bigger than 10%

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

EDIT
They said on record the overall DPS reduction would be 10%.
END

But……………………..

The reality is a whole lot more than 10%.

If you only think of trait provided critical damage than yeah sure it would look as if it is a mere 10% drop, and there lies the big LIE.

You see, if we use what they have said is the conversion rate 15:1 ratio than the following items have all seen a major nerf in critical damage.

Trinkets

• Ascended amulet: was: 9% crit damage is now: 85 ferocity = 5.6% crit damage.
  • Ascended rings: was 8% rit damage, is now: 68 ferocity = 4.5% crit damage.
  • Ascended earrings: was 7% crit damage, is now 60 ferocity = 4% crit damage.
  • Banner of discipline: was 15% crit damage, is now 170 ferocity = 11.3% crit damage.

Weapons:

• Ascended greatsword was 10% crit damage, is now 134 ferocity = 8.9% crit damage.
    (not gonna list all weapons, but all of them have seen a nerf)

Food:

• Bowl of butternut squash was 8% crit damage, is now 60 ferocity = 4% crit damage.
    (not gonna list all food)

By now you can see a developing pattern,
I did not go over every single item and just from this sample you can see that it is by far a lot more than just a 10% drop.

10% nerf to crit ? in what universe is that true ?

People need to be aware they have been lied to in a big way, and that is the core of my issue with this change.

It is not the fact that you nerfed critical damage that sets me off and make me mad, it is the fact you lied to us in our faces about the percentages !

Things I wonder about:

Am I missing something ?
Am I not seeing the big picture ?
Why have they lied ?
did they really think no one knows basic math to not figure this out ?

(edited by Latinkuro.9420)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They said a 10% nerf to overall damage, NOT to the raw crit damage modifier. 10% crit damage is not a 10% damage nerf because it doesn’t factor other things like the base damage, other damage factors (like sigils), and the base crit damage modifier.

That said, its still more than a 10% nerf anyway.

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

They said during the initial announcement that the numbers they had were about 10%. They did not say they were looking to make the nerf 10%

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

They said a 10% drop in DPS for full Zerker gear, not a 10% drop in Critical Damage. There’s a lot of assumptions that go into that estimate and you’re making them differently than ArenaNet did.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think it is a 10% nerf in the crit stat, omitting to mention the huge crit nerf to the gear.

Runes of divinity got a huge nerf, same with all the celestial gear, then add a 10% nerf on top of that. For me it’s a 25-30% nerf to my critical damage total.

To do the same damage on my crits as before I need 300 more power (tried it with traits points).

Lots some dyes and skins improvements in this patch but gameplay-wise it’s not a very convincing update.

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Real life game experience is where the rubber meets the road, and all theory-crafting aside — it’s much greater than a 10% nerf for myself and a lot of others.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

And again with assuming they can’t do math….

… uh huh….

Where is that popcorn?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

My overall damage has taken about a 25% hit. My auto attack (non crit) attacks are lower by about 15-20% and my actual crits are anywhere from 30-40% lower.

This clearly isn’t a 10% overall damage loss for a full zerk build, it’s well over double that. I played in WvW for 3hrs yesterday and noticed it. Granted though, those who aren’t in full zerk gear seemed to have suffered an equal if not greater damage loss than myself. I used to get downed in 2-4 hits.. now it takes about 6-8.

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

so what im reading here is if you built for crit damage as i did running 123% crit damage before patch well kitten you!

Your build is not how we want you to play this game so we will destroy it well im about ready to shelf this game now this is bullkitten 10% crit damage nurf fine, but a 30 or 40% reduction your taking the kitten basically my char need to be complete rebuilt from scratch are you going to pay me back all my gold ive wasted Anet of cores your not.

(edited by grayskull.2367)

Latinkuro.9420

… uh huh….

Where is that popcorn?

No, I mean they are assuming we are all idiots that can’t do math and figure out the nerf is a whole lot bigger than 10%.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

There is a lot of stuff wrong here. First of all they always said that the 10% damage nerf was for a full zerker toon. And for that specific statement, they are right.

For most toons. If you go full zerker, you gonna get around a 10% nerf to your damage (or about 25-35% nerf to your crit damage). But its not a 10% nerf for everything.

1) Celestial Gear is another problem. Since most of their damage come from crit-damage, then the nerf affected them the most. They made some adjustment to limit that by boosting the stats, but now the nature of the gear is completely broken.
2) The 10% nerf don’t take into account only the gear, not the skills (like banners), not the traits (like arcane lightning), not the food (like buttersquash), not the nourishment, not the sigils, etc. Overall, if you min-max your character and your party and and add the nerf to the sigil that stacks (which I think is a good thing, even if I’m a bit sad about it), then you look more into a 15-20% nerf of your damage.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

… uh huh….

Where is that popcorn?

No, I mean they are assuming we are all idiots that can’t do math and figure out the nerf is a whole lot bigger than 10%.

From here

They said during the initial announcement that the numbers they had were about 10%. They did not say they were looking to make the nerf 10%

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

LanfearShadowflame.3189

… uh huh….

Where is that popcorn?

And perhaps our math does not take into consideration all of the potential factors or scope of the issue. We cannot accurately determine that our math is actually correct as with some formulas that have been used it has been stated that they aren’t necessarily the correct calculations. Merely assumed to be.

Side note: It could be a simple bug too. It’s as easy as sticking a decimal in the wrong spot, and its not like typos don’t happen.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

There is a lot of stuff wrong here. First of all they always said that the 10% damage nerf was for a full zerker toon. And for that specific statement, they are right.

For most toons. If you go full zerker, you gonna get around a 10% nerf to your damage (or about 25-35% nerf to your crit damage). But its not a 10% nerf for everything.

1) Celestial Gear is another problem. Since most of their damage come from crit-damage, then the nerf affected them the most. They made some adjustment to limit that by boosting the stats, but now the nature of the gear is completely broken.
2) The 10% nerf don’t take into account only the gear, not the skills (like banners), not the traits (like arcane lightning), not the food (like buttersquash), not the nourishment, not the sigils, etc. Overall, if you min-max your character and your party and and add the nerf to the sigil that stacks (which I think is a good thing, even if I’m a bit sad about it), then you look more into a 15-20% nerf of your damage.

This is not true though. From what I mentioned above, I run full zerker, and the overall dps nerf is about 25%. My non crit auto attacks are down about 15-20% while the actual crits are down 30-40%

Now I don’t want to complain about the nerf per say because what I also noticed is that those whom I know aren’t running full zerk builds, seem to have taken either an equal or greater hit to their dps than myself who runs full zerk.

Whatever is going on with the dps numbers isn’t happening as Anet has explained it.

Latinkuro.9420

And perhaps our math does not take into consideration all of the potential factors or scope of the issue. We cannot accurately determine that our math is actually correct as with some formulas that have been used it has been stated that they aren’t necessarily the correct calculations. Merely assumed to be.

Side note: It could be a simple bug too. It’s as easy as sticking a decimal in the wrong spot, and its not like typos don’t happen.

The evidence we have up to this point speaks for itself.
if you follow the breadcrumbs eventually you will find the loaf of bread, in a figure of speech.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

You all do realize that this crit adjustment, or ‘nerf’ as a lot of you like to call it, is across the board, yes? It affects all players, so am not sure why this is a bad thing, where everyone else in the game is also having to deal with the crit adjustment.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Latinkuro.9420

Whatever is going on with the dps numbers isn’t happening as Anet has explained it.

Thank you for noticing, this is also how I feel.
It is not the fact they nerfed it so hard that makes me mad (for lack of a better word)
it is the fact they are trying to pull the wolf over our eyes and hope we don’t notice.

Well we have noticed !

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The evidence we have up to this point speaks for itself.
if you follow the breadcrumbs eventually you will find the loaf of bread, in a figure of speech.

chuckle

Not necessarily true. Considering the pattern established for people blowing things out of proportion, its very possible to follow that crumb trail and find …. nothing after all.

shrug It’ll work itself out. There are bound to be hiccups in every patch.

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

long story sort you built for crit damage as i did well taught kitten! suck it up and buy an inter new set of gear, trinkets, runes, food and weapons well you no what kitten that why should i?

I think i just stop playing thank Anet

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Greetings,

A thread already exists on this topic. Please use this thread for your feedback: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Balance-bug-fixing-polish-Sigils

(edited by CC Danicia.1394)