The pain of 100% World Completion.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

Hi all,

Am now at 98% world completion, however I have hit a brick wall when it comes to getting the WvWvW vista’s/PoI. Been trying for a few days now to get the 3 vista’s I am missing all to no avail.

If I don’t get ganked whilst trying to get to these points, I am unable to get to them as we cannot capture the Keeps etc…. Very very frustrating to have worked so hard to get world completion only to be stopped by WvWvW.

What are your thoughts on this ? Should these points be in areas that are accessible rather than in Keeps which require your team to actually capture them. I mean most commanders dont actually push forward, they seem to sit back and defend. This is making it nigh on impossible for me to complete 100% world exploration.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Should these points be in areas that are accessible rather than in Keeps which require your team to actually capture them

Nope.

The idea is exactly that people who want map completition will help their world to capture those things. Otherwise, someone doing map completition would be simply getting in the way of those playing WvW.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

Nope.

The idea is exactly that people who want map completition will help their world to capture those things. Otherwise, someone doing map completition would be simply getting in the way of those playing WvW.

As I said, getting people to actually attack and capture these areas is easier said than done. Most commanders seem to stay back and run from keep to keep defending them rather than pushing forward.

Whats worse is that most people follow them. I don’t mind WvWvW, but not being able to complete quite a long task due to people not wanting to team up and help is a tad frustrating.

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Don’t worry. Those maps change every week. Maybe next week the missing vistas will be in your home map.

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please use the search function before creating new posts, there are numerous other topics discussing this issue. This thread is closed.