The prettiest Phoenix Skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Which one you think is the prettiest?

I happen to have 3 Lion tickets. I am thinking to use them all on the Phoenix Skins.

I want to like the Greatsword one but unfortunately it is shaped like a giant pxxis. I want to like the Longbow version too but it feels like too much details.

So far, the shield one looks good to me. It was the first one that caught my eyes.

Any suggestions?

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I like the 1handed sword and longbow the most. Shield is ok but looks upside down :/

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Staff, Rifle, Shield and Sword, in my opinion. The Hammer also gets a special mention for being the biggest hammer in the game.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Shield, Greatsword, Longbow.

Edit: And hammer. Only downside about longbow is when you wield it. It’s wielded the wrong way around – I don’t know why but Anet seem to do it with all the longbows (and shortbows I think?) and no one has fixed it yet.

None if which I’m using my golden ticket on because you can’t dye the silver bits :-(

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I like the Staff and Hammer. That’s pretty much it. Probably the best Hammer in game.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Oh My God.8423

I saw someone running around with the hammer yesterday. I was a Norn female at a distance and I could not catch up to see it properly.

Is it really the biggest hammer in game?

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Shield, Greatsword, Longbow.

Edit: And hammer. Only downside about longbow is when you wield it. It’s wielded the wrong way around – I don’t know why but Anet seem to do it with all the longbows (and shortbows I think?) and no one has fixed it yet.

None if which I’m using my golden ticket on because you can’t dye the silver bits :-(

Unless I’m greatly mistaken I’m pretty sure bows aren’t glitched like that except when you’re previewing them. It’s because normally you hold the bow in your characters LEFT hand, and draw the string with the right hand.

While previewing the bow is held in the RIGHT hand but it’s still positioned as if it’s being held by the left hand.

I could be wrong and some bows are still held incorrectly, but I’m pretty sure the glitch only exists when previewing.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I saw someone running around with the hammer yesterday. I was a Norn female at a distance and I could not catch up to see it properly.

I don’t recall ever seeing one bigger. The shape also reminds me of Smough’s Hammer in Dark Souls XD

Unfortunately I don’t like Hammer on Guardian and don’t really use it on my Warrior anymore and kinda lost interest in him so I picked up the Staff.

If only my Thief could use Hammer. :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Only ones I like are staff and warhorn. I had a ticket in the bank and used it on staff, and spent 70g on the warhorn. I don’t mind the mace/scepter but don’t like them enough to bother getting. :P

Oh My God.8423

Staff looks ok… just rather unassuming. I think it would look slight better if the bird or at least the wings on the top are made bigger.

(edited by Oh My God.8423)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The hammer head comparative to the rest of the weapon isn’t the biggest (that honor probably goes to Entropy/Genesis), but as a general size ratio when compared to the wielder’s body, the Phoenix Hammer is massive.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

All of them.

Well not really all of them, but honestly this is probably my favorite weapon skin set to date.

I’ve already picked up GS, Sword and Hammer. I’m eyeing the shield next, and considering the Rifle.

Personally the axe and mace don’t work for me. Torch and warhorn are a little bland, and I’m not a fan of the multi chambered pistol and rifle barrels.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The shield is a must have for me. Torn between the staff and the sword. Or maybe the longbow – can’t decide!

Oh My God.8423

I wish the preview page can show a weapon being wielded properly; may be with an attack animation, nevermind whether the holder is indeed a class that can use the weapon in demonstration. I just want to see how it is being hold and being used.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

None,… I stopped liking WOW weapons the second I left that game. I really hope for better designed weapons instead of ugly things covered with particle FX. Centaur weapons are still better in design for example than this crappy fire things.

GW2 art should come back instead of copy/paste WOW equipment. The game looks worst each patch.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

None,… I stopped liking WOW weapons the second I left that game. I really hope for better designed weapons instead of ugly things covered with particle FX. Centaur weapons are still better in design for example than this crappy fire things.

GW2 art should come back instead of copy/paste WOW equipment. The game looks worst each patch.

Link for comparison otherwise everyone think you’re just making things up.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Link for comparison otherwise everyone think you’re just making things up.

really? Like I need to link the very basic graphics in game just for you? Like cultural weapons, cultural armors, faction weapons or faction armors? Do I REALLY need to link all that? Please compare a kitten or even T3 with a crappy reskin they made for flameseeker or that hideous neon light wings many sport as some kind of e-pen like “watch me! watch me! I have sparks!”… in old armors you could see artist work, mixing of fabrics and most important fitting a concept. Since the game sell their boxes now its just crappy easy to do, bright to showoff, ugly skins.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

If i were op i would save those 3 tickets for the next set of skins. Phoenix skins aren’t that great looking tbh.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

The hammer is great

If you know what I mean

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I really like the staff, but it’s way too costly on the TP for me and I don’t play the RNG game with chests.

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Staff is my favorite one, got one for my guardian on the TP (so expensive… ) . The bows are great. The sword and GS are meh…