The profession you just can't leave

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reclaimermaster.4107

Reclaimermaster.4107

The Ranger has been my main since release and there have been many times that I tried other professions and attempted to switch my main but for some reason I just can’t leave my Ranger. I think not having my pet with me is just too odd of a concept. After having played the Ranger for over 1000 hours having a pet with me just feels natural. Anyone else have that one profession the just can’t leave and if so what is it about that one that keeps you coming back?

(Main) Ranger: Natura Lupus 80 (1300 Hrs)
Hours Played: 3000

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Warrior. For some reason I try maining other things but nothing is as fun or as challenging as warrior for me. (In my zerker playstyle at least). My first class was a thief, and I enjoyed it a ton, then guardian, but at some point I tried a warrior and I was hooked. I’m addicted to the fast paced rewarding play style, where every move you make even if telegraphed has a noticeable impact that makes people go “:O” if you set it up perfectly. At least to me.

I have 4 Warriors now, 2 Ele’s, 2 Guardians, 2 Thieves, Engi, Necro, Mesmer. All of these characters are failed attempts to main other things and really throw myself into them.

Ele is a close 2nd right now, and I enjoy a great deal of these other classes, they are all awesome and fun in their own right, but Warrior is my drug it seems till further notice.

Oh yeah, Ranger is the one class I never really enjoyed playing so, I guess we differ greatly :X

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

I have this problem with my gaurdian though im close to getting my second 80 finally I just love the way the class plays.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Necromancer. I put Wells as my utilities and Heal at level 20 and never looked back. I only swap away from it because Sinister is fun to. But I will never change my Power set up.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

Guardian, maybe its the only one I feel comfortable with as far as what skill to use and when.

I wish it were Mesmer or necro. I made the Mesmer first, got to level 22 and have not logged into it again. my necro is level 80. and I think the last I used her was last summer..my 80 warrior…well, I honestly cant even remember his name.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Ranger. Been “lol cakewalking” through the Living Story with it. That ranged burst dps though.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

Ranger. Been “lol cakewalking” through the Living Story with it. That ranged burst dps though.

is it bad?

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

I’m never ditching my staff elementalist. I didn’t like it at first, but once I figured out how to blast combo fields and geared up properly, oh boy it’s a lot of fun seeing everything melt from meteor shower. And I don’t care if I’m squishy because that actually makes me pay attention to my surroundings.

Guardian is fun, too. It’s the only class I’m not afraid to take into a dungeon with a pug group ha.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Engineer for me. This class was made for me. I love “fantasy engineering” and if its slightly goofy its even better. I love to have the jack of all trades feel and that i can say “i can do almost everything” if people ask…cause its true. I can solo stuff without any issues or work in a group and fill in many roles. Need might? I got ya. Heals? Sure thing. Vun? Bet your kitten i got it. Other conditions? Yup. CC? Sure. Kiting massive mobs arround and keeping the dps pressure on them big time? Yeap.. my eternal deep pockets filled with bombs say we can do that. Need a “makeshift” tank? No problem. No problem… yea that basically sums it up for me…cept its condition overload time and even then i usually can pull through. Also its for me just the most fun to play. Only real gripes i got is that there arent enough “mechanical” armor skins, the nasty looking kit backpacks, the lack of a proper melee weapon and a ranged, power based kit that uses a lock on target system like a rifle or something does cause grenades give me actually carpal tunnel syndrome. Well.. the melee weapon issue gets fixed in the x-pac…so i already look forward to it

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

is it bad?

I was doing the personal story in my guardian. I switched over to Ranger. The pet keeps the dumb AI occupied while I hit it at range and the speed boosts the ranger has has been useful at times.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I main warrior, and all my Living Story stuff has been done with him.
If you look at my character list, though, you’d say “WhyTF do you like Mesmer so much?” =P

Just goes to show you that ‘metrics’ don’t tell a full story.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I fell in love with Warriors. It’s a different class as a max level than it is when leveling up.

Also been in love with Guardians from day one. Just would have like to had put more time into character creation .(I am totally against post creation character redesign which is why I never changed him)

Rangers kind of got to me once I realize they were more magical and less archer hunter oriented.

Engineer got to me early on. Glad to see they getting more Melee!!

Necromancers I didn’t like at first, but at high levels Necromancers are a bad bleep when it comes to group fights in WvW!!

That’s about it…. Read of the classes didn’t really get me interested into them besides just leveling them up.

Posted by: watergenji.5816

watergenji.5816

Mesmer. Mesmer mesmer mesmer. I cannot stop playing my Sylvari mesmer. I tried elementalist for the first few months I played the game. Then my friend talked me into doing mesmer. I’ve never looked back. It’s just…addicting to me. The clones, the boon stripping, the chaos. It’s just…me. Lol

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

My engie. i started with a guardian but my Engie has definitely seen more playtime (although she did not map open). She is just an utter beast and can usually faceroll people even when I’m goofing around on her. Dem bombs and rifle. Or her tanky condi build too. Either way she is definitely my fave.

My new necro is slowly earning some favor though.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Ranger. “Why can’t I just quit you?”

I mean, almost every game it either stinks or is remarkably requiring skill and true dedication to break through the stink until it suddenly becomes awesome again. (EQ, Wood Elf ranger with Blessed Faydark Thunderbolt and specialized arrows to out-range raid-level AoEs . . . and be able to get five buddies who were also rangers and get it from 10% to 1% in 20 seconds.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

EoTM and tomes of knowledge have really help me diversify my chars. I have an 80 war, ele, and engineer. My necro is sitting at 59 right now.

I can’t stop playing my war.