The real problem with endgame.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

It’s there, there’s kitten to do. If you don’t like what you have to do, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

While I say that, I also say it has a very large problem that was obviously overlooked.
I don’t mind grind (I’ll bring this up later), but I need something that keeps me going. Fun? Yeah, fun kept me going through the main game, grind isn’t fun. It can be stimulating, but I don’t find repeating things over and over again to be fun.

I played runescape for a really long time and quit, but I actually got an untrimmed HP cape (quite rare, had to get 99 HP without getting any other stats to 99). It took a really long time, but I actually got rewarded for it while getting it.

In GW2, the dungeons drop AWFUL loot. Really awful. I have never seen someone get an exotic, let alone a rare from one. You feel really demoralized when the chest opens and the game gives you terrible blues your class can’t even use. The money you get is a joke too, barely covers the cost of repairs.

Even in GW1 you got good stuff while grinding. I don’t know how they missed this.
They gotta up the drop rate for rares by a very large amount.

Also they gotta fix and tune the dungeons, but that’s obvious.

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

Ye, the dungeon loot could stand to gain a boost. It feels strange that the chests from world meta events have better loot even though they’re technically easier to accomplish.

I guess Anet just doesn’t want too much good loot to be farmable. I think their solution lies with the daily achievement system. You should get some better loot for your first time doing a particular explorable within that day. That way, maybe people will stop farming the same cof and arah explorable all the time.

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

explorables aren’t really cost effective if you think about it, the time spent for the rewards gained is very little at best, for the more difficult ones you’ll be more likely to lose gold due to the sheer amount of repairing.

of course my reply is to those who are doing full runs, not those who are just farming a single boss endlessly….

Untouch.2541

explorables aren’t really cost effective if you think about it, the time spent for the rewards gained is very little at best, for the more difficult ones you’ll be more likely to lose gold due to the sheer amount of repairing.

of course my reply is to those who are doing full runs, not those who are just farming a single boss endlessly….

You get the money after finishing the dungeon.

Archer.6485

How much money btw? I’ve only done one AC explorable and I can’t remember.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Loot & drop rate will be adressed,i’m sure of it.And when a dungeon is this hard,imo you MUST get an item for your class.Dont turn this into another aion where you have to do 50 runs to get one item you want..please..dear..kitten..god..no..

Posted by: Pradton.8576

Pradton.8576

Hmm this smells like NCsoft game design to me. When I read this Aion’s horrible loot drop percents immediately came to mind. Nobody like them in that game either (and everyone still complains about it today).

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

GASP! Here’s a suggestion!! Die less!! OMG WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA!! Seriously, if you get through that entire instance however many insanely large amount of times it takes to get a full set of explo armor and still are spending GOLD in repairs your REALLY REALLY bad at both learning speed and reaction times…

And as someone else said you get gold….

@OP Yeah, i’m not seeing grind yet… (grind is doing something you don’t enjoy over and over again) and i’m just loving the game, then again i spend most of my time roaming Orr because it’s depressing as hell and always has something worth doing/finding…. i’ve also gone back to a few of my favorite lower lv zones and did DEs… so idk what to say to you…

Maybe just find a group of friends and change up the explorable modes a bit more or something? Idk….

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Archer.6485

No one is saying we should be showered in gold or that we should be able to afford a giant repair bill.

But it does feel a bit bland that those giant chests spawn after bosses and the only thing of value you ever receive is the tokens…

I’m not saying it should spawn The exotics from the vendor in LA but something more substantial would be appreciated… Maybe some crafting mats if not gear?

Well as far as Aion goes, at least here you get a guaranteed reward of tokens and not an eternal string of bad luck runs.

Durzlla.6295

No one is saying we should be showered in gold or that we should be able to afford a giant repair bill.

But it does feel a bit bland that those giant chests spawn after bosses and the only thing of value you ever receive is the tokens…

I’m not saying it should spawn The exotics from the vendor in LA but something more substantial would be appreciated… Maybe some crafting mats if not gear?

Well as far as Aion goes, at least here you get a guaranteed reward of tokens and not an eternal string of bad luck runs.

I’ve gotten at least a piece of gear every chest in addition to the tokens, granted that gear goes straight into the salvaging pit but still… maybe you’re bugged or something? Cause none of my friends have said they’ve never gotten gear from a chest either…

Posted by: Valkaneer.7834

Valkaneer.7834

GASP! Here’s a suggestion!! Die less!! OMG WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA!! Seriously

I stopped reading there, Fanboy alert , and yes they are worse than the flamers from Wow.

Archer.6485

Sorry, I said I got nothing of VALUE other then the tokens. My point was you get the same type of loot from a normal open world mob that you find in those giant shiny chests and that just seemed strange. Maybe some rarer skins for those drops would work nicely as well… Just something, anything to differentiate looting a chest from looting a trash mob.

Durzlla.6295

For what ever reason i can’t quote atm…

@Archer Ooooooooh ok, now that may be a problem i personally don’t give a ratskitten about loot, and as such i just simply salvaged and was happy i was getting more materials, i didn’t even preview the armor lol….

I didn’t know you got bad armor and all that stuff though, so -that- could be a fairly large problem… The only thing i can think of though is -what- type of skins would they put there? Clearly it wouldn’t be the ones you use tokens for because that’d defeat the purpose… maybe they could make like a universal exotic skin for explo modes that’ll drop after bosses?

@Valkaneer, i wouldn’t say i’m a fanboy, i do like the game… and i think dying less is a good suggestion lol, if you’re wasting large amounts of gold on repairs maybe you should stop dying?

Posted by: Dedish.7923

Dedish.7923

To say die less is no more then a troll statement. Maybe people would die less if dungeon mechanics weren’t one big cluster kitten. I’ve said it before and will say it again, dungeons in their current state are about as balanced as someone with cerebral palsy trying to ride a unicycle.

The op is right….. the game at the moment has the replay value of a Justin Bierber or Rebecca Black song…… none what so ever, which is the complete opposite of what a mmo is meant to be.

Life sucks wear a helmet

Durzlla.6295

To say die less is no more then a troll statement. Maybe people would die less if dungeon mechanics weren’t one big cluster kitten. I’ve said it before and will say it again, dungeons in their current state are about as balanced as someone with cerebral palsy trying to ride a unicycle.

The op is right….. the game at the moment has the replay value of a Justin Bierber or Rebecca Black song…… none what so ever, which is the complete opposite of what a mmo is meant to be.

Idk about you but i personally prefer the dungeons as they are now, it’s chaos, it’s awesome, it’s not some stupid choreographed dance like in other MMOs, just learn to deal with the chaos and control it instead of flipping tables over because it’s not another choreographed dance!

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

To say ‘die less’ is also one step up from the l2p/go play another game crew. Individuals who think the game is perfect smh.

Minion

Durzlla.6295

To say ‘die less’ is also one step up from the l2p/go play another game crew. Individuals who think the game is perfect smh.

better then the group of individuals who think a games broken because they personally can’t beat it easily…

Archer.6485

@Dedish there’s actually a lot more method to the madness than people realize. It’s just not what you would typically expect. For one thing, there’s no more rotations. Once you start using your skills cleverly as the situation calls for it you’ll realize it’s actually a lot of emphasis on strategy and situational awareness.

I used to get my face smashed into the ground even on AC story mode and thought it was completely impossible without 20 deaths.Then I learned that words like “reflects projectiles” and “removes conditions” aren’t just for show. Try switching up your skills for difent encounters. If you come across something that you think could save you, try it out and it just might.

Dedish.7923

better then the group of individuals who think a games broken because they personally can’t beat it easily…

It has nothing to do with not being able to “beat it easily” Yes it should be a challenge, no trash mobs should not be 1 shotting people.

Life sucks wear a helmet

Posted by: Kungkonung.6758

Kungkonung.6758

I’m not especially convinced by ANets concept of having “tokens” as rewards for completing a dungeon. Getting loot in WoW was far more enjoyable, tbh.

Untouch.2541

I’m not especially convinced by ANets concept of having “tokens” as rewards for completing a dungeon. Getting loot in WoW was far more enjoyable, tbh.

They wanted to give you tokens where you can buy your gear instead of relying on RNG.

Posted by: Kungkonung.6758

Kungkonung.6758

But when you get 15 tokens per dungeon run, and the cost of each dungeon set piece ranges from 180 – 330 tokens, you’d be nuts if you didn’t prefer the RNG.

Dedish.7923

But when you get 15 tokens per dungeon run, and the cost of each dungeon set piece ranges from 180 – 330 tokens, you’d be nuts if you didn’t prefer the RNG.

Exactly for a game that is not supposed to have a grind that seems like a pretty HUGE grind to me.

Life sucks wear a helmet

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Rather the game has questionable ideas like trash mobs having insane amounts of health and enough power to one hit anyone.

Is this REALLY how difficulty is represented in gw2?

Minion

Durzlla.6295

@Dedish um… if they’re actually one shotting you… your gear is either 1) abyssmally low lv, or 2) you are going LAWLZ I NEEDZ MOAR DMG GUYZZZ!1!1!!!!!11 and managed to find a way to build gear without a single point of vitality or toughness…

If me and 4 of my friends can run through the dungeons being melee 90% of the time i’m pretty sure you and 4 of your friends can manage to go into a dungeon and NOT be one shot by trash…