The return of Cursed Shore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Rejoice fellow farmers! It seems we have finally a reason to come back to Orr – to make lots of gold!

With the new update coming (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/august-06-2013/) and the changes to champions, I believe Cursed Shore will now be the place to be once again.

While shelt/pen have had increased timer intervals for some time, they are a good source of champions (though shelt is still problematic with the spiders). If we zerg these events enough, we can melt the champions easily and get more to spawn.

And what if these events are on downtime? Well there are enough champions in Cursed Shore to go around. Off the top of my head:
-Champion Wizard in the northeast (near chest)
-Champion Baron in southeast shelter
-Champion Gladiator (in the arena)
-Champion Broodmother (in the west)
-Champion Ooze (near Meddlers)
-Champion Eye (in the tomb)
-Champion Pirate (ship)
-Champion fish (lake in the south)

So hopefully everyone works together and calls out on map chat if any events/champs are available to kill (just like we do in Queensdale)

Spread the word, let’s make Orr alive

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

Oh look people who play content only because it is an effective way to get money. You should play games like OpenTTD.

So they like to farm for money what is wrong with that? If they find it fun then leave them be as long as they are doing it legally.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

No matter your stance on it, I will be quite happy to have the champs actually be worth the time it takes to kill them.

Thank you ANet, my quality of life will improve greatly with this patch. Now about my PvE necro….

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

What part of the upcoming update makes you think people are going to return to Orr instead of just running circuits through the five easy-to-kill champions in Queensdale?

Vol.5241

What part of the upcoming update makes you think people are going to return to Orr instead of just running circuits through the five easy-to-kill champions in Queensdale?

The champions in Queensdale will more than likely drop t1 mats. Those are worthless.

The champions in Cursed Shore are endgame. So you get t6 mats and lodestones.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Basically this. Farmgroups that will run in circuits and maybe even guest on low pop servers to make their farming even more effective. This will lead to a nerf either to the guesting feature or the added loot.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

The champions in Queensdale will more than likely drop t1 mats. Those are worthless.

That would work. Let’s hope there’s something in place to prevent the high-level mobs from grinding the starter zones under their wheels.

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

That would work. Let’s hope there’s something in place to prevent the high-level mobs from grinding the starter zones under their wheels.

Hopefully “getting credit” is a certain amount of damage, usually even champs in the lower zones die incredibly easy when 80s surround them. This could make it so it is harder to get credit in 1-15 zones than it is in 80 zones, since their HP is lower.

Also, 1-15 zones, even if you are level 80 still drop lower leveled items and mats (as Vol said), you could get a level 80 but you could also get a level 22 green.. I’ll take the 100% chance of a level 80 item over something easy.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Vol.5241

Getting credit is incredibly easy. They made a change in credit tagging several months ago.

If you only do 1000 dmg on a champion I’m sure you won’t get credit but anything above 5000 I think you at least get bronze.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Ommu.1649

Ommu.1649

Be prepared for endless Claw of Jormag farming sessions. Nobody will touch the dragon, only farming the champs.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Be prepared for endless Claw of Jormag farming sessions. Nobody will touch the dragon, only farming the champs.

Those won’t drop loot.

Vol.5241

Oh my god that will be awesome >:)

Even better if you can get to an overflow with Jormag and invite all your guildies.

But knowing Anet, they’ll probably introduce a timer on it, or stop champs from respawning.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Those won’t drop loot.

Actually they do… I got “The Briny Deep” off one last night… it’s mostly trash greens/blues but I’ll tag them because once the wall goes down, they die and I get loot.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

I was suspecting this, and it’s nice to see I wasn’t being stupid :P On top of all that, people will actually flock to kill the champ abomination at the end of the Plinx chain rather than leaving it to roam forever. Then Plinx can reset for more loots.

I really hope this is as good as we’re speculating

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Oh look people who play content only because it is an effective way to get money. You should play games like OpenTTD.

Perhaps you should play a game that rewards uncalled for attacks and hostility as you obviously excel in that?

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Did you all notice the part where it says “if you qualify for loot”?

It hasn’t been fully defined yet what that means. Don’t assume that “qualify” means you’ve done enough damage to the critter. Knowing Anet it very likely means “if you haven’t done this already today”.
If it was based on damage measurement, farming will be a huge deal again until they decide to nerf it. Not that this is bad. It would nice to take part in the events in Orr with lots of others, and not have to guest or wait around for enough people to show up.
Just don’t get your hopes up.

On the bright side, it means most of the events will get done at least once a day I suppose. I support this change, I’m just apprehensive about how they are implementing it. They never do something without strings attached.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

I really hope whats been said in this thread comes to fruition. It would be beyond amazing if I could log in, go to orr, and wreck some baddies for some DECENT LOOT. WITH OTHER PLAYERS. PLAYING TOGETHER. HELPING ONE ANOTHER KILL THE MONSTERS.

inb4 somebody tells me I can log in and get decent loot from orr right now. You go farm there for a few hours and tell me how much you make.

Spoiler alert: I already know the answer and the number is pathetic

Vol.5241

Farming shelt/pen was how I met other players in my original server. It was good community building. But then they nerfed event after event, and I saw less and less of the regulars. I eventually transferred out.

So thanks Anet for splitting communities! Now let’s hope these changes will help solidify server awareness and unity outside of WvW.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Neural.1824

I really hope whats been said in this thread comes to fruition. It would be beyond amazing if I could log in, go to orr, and wreck some baddies for some DECENT LOOT. WITH OTHER PLAYERS. PLAYING TOGETHER. HELPING ONE ANOTHER KILL THE MONSTERS.

inb4 somebody tells me I can log in and get decent loot from orr right now. You go farm there for a few hours and tell me how much you make.

Spoiler alert: I already know the answer and the number is pathetic

Pft, I spent 5 minutes in Orr last night with my level 2 ranger and made 3000gold. True story.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

I’m so happy with the return of Orr. I only discovered that I went to there for fun when they nerfed to the ground, not for farming like I thought. I would love go back there and kill hordes of monsters and the new worthly champions, along side the players. Were so fun and relaxing. I just hope that Orr become more viable than Southsun Cove, is more fun to kill the undead than aliens.

Sorry for my english.

(edited by Mikau.6920)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Might be a very good reason to head back to Orr.

I certainly hope they make it so that starter area champions can only drop lower tiered items while level 80 area champions drop the higher tiered cores/lodestones.

And the update notes do say a chance at rare crafting materials which is the lodestones/cores/slivers. Not the bloods/fangs/claws. I hope this is true, because this is even better news.

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Loot changes and solo Q. I must admit this is an update that I am very much looking forward to.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

It’s funny to see how often exploiters like to stop the progression of an event. First the Champion Giant Risen in the Cursed Shores, now the champions at the Claw event…

ArenaNet needs to realize that dealing with the symptom is useless when you have to amputate – they should just ban the exploiters. This will, sooner or later, fix the issue.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The adds at Claw used to be farmed. They put a stop to that by nerfing the drops to pretty much nothing on them. I’m sure they won’t hesitate to do it again if need be.

Punish the masses!

Neural.1824

The Claw event is a good example of why I think that Anet is going to make this a 1-per-day type thing.

In the event that they didn’t think of this, go for it until they do!!

Vol.5241

It’s funny to see how often exploiters like to stop the progression of an event. First the Champion Giant Risen in the Cursed Shores, now the champions at the Claw event…

ArenaNet needs to realize that dealing with the symptom is useless when you have to amputate – they should just ban the exploiters. This will, sooner or later, fix the issue.

You really should stop throwing the word exploiter around. Just cause you call other people exploiters doesn’t mean they will get banned because you want them to

[Permabanned on Forums]

Vol.5241

The Claw event is a good example of why I think that Anet is going to make this a 1-per-day type thing.

Or they could use the easier programming route and replace those champions with veterans.

Or even replace those champions with lootless normal mobs like we have in Cursed Shore with spiders.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Neural.1824

Or they could use the easier programming route and replace those champions with veterans.

Or even replace those champions with lootless normal mobs like we have in Cursed Shore with spiders.

Wouldn’t that damage the overall difficulty of the event though?

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

It hasn’t been fully defined yet what that means. Don’t assume that “qualify” means you’ve done enough damage to the critter. Knowing Anet it very likely means “if you haven’t done this already today”.

This ^

I understand the excitement many people have about this upcoming change, and I share that excitement, to a degree. Until we see how it gets implemented, though, I’m at best cautiously optimistic.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

People will have a reason to kill Champion Abomination and reset Plinx? Yay!

Vol.5241

Wouldn’t that damage the overall difficulty of the event though?

Champs have always been an afterthought. Unless you are on an empty server or overflow, they are not an issue.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Vol.5241

This ^

I understand the excitement many people have about this upcoming change, and I share that excitement, to a degree. Until we see how it gets implemented, though, I’m at best cautiously optimistic.

Well what could they possibly do to make this a bad idea? Limit loot to only the top 3 players? Make it account bound?

There are hundreds of champions in the world, and I bet there are more than three dozen available in the end-game zones. So limited loot to once per day isn’t an issue.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Spiral Architect.6540

This ^

Well what could they possibly do to make this a bad idea?

If each champion only drops loot once per day per account, people will organize zerg trains to run from champion A to B to C, etc. Once players kill the champions in a zone, they’ll move on to the next zone. I’m imagining huge, laggy zergfests, followed by empty zones where players are serenaded by choruses of chirping crickets. If you miss the zerg train, too bad, so sad — you’ll have to wait for another to come along.

I don’t think this is what the developers intend with this change, but it might be what it turns into.

Vol.5241

That sounds nice and all, but not everyone logs in at the same time. There will always be a steady stream of players wanting to get their champion fix in.

And if there aren’t enough, people will call out on map and bring their guild.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

(…)

I don’t think this is what the developers intend with this change, but it might be what it turns into.

Make worth the insane time required to down champions?

I don’t thing that each champion will drop only once per day. That will not make any sense. Why do you have to end my happiness?

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

Farming shelt/pen was how I met other players in my original server. It was good community building. But then they nerfed event after event, and I saw less and less of the regulars. I eventually transferred out.

So thanks Anet for splitting communities! Now let’s hope these changes will help solidify server awareness and unity outside of WvW.

So much this. I used to make friends with the other people farming. The nerfs to pent/shelter was really the last straw for the majority of the people who farmed Orr and the familiar faces went away. I am optimistic about the changes to champs – and hopefully it brings people back to Orr! It will be so much better than solo farming some random type of critters for their blood, claws, scales, etc.

I can’t wait for this update.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

Posted by: Boreale.3129

Boreale.3129

The thing I’m wondering about is if champions will have a chance to drop unique skins like Colin said in the blog post, while it does say “and more!” at the end of the description you’d think unique skins would be something they’d add onto it.

Spiral Architect.6540

The thing I’m wondering about is if champions will have a chance to drop unique skins like Colin said in the blog post, while it does say “and more!” at the end of the description you’d think unique skins would be something they’d add onto it.

Porous bones.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Cursed Shore will stay dead as long as the 30 + minutes cooler between events will exist .

Posted by: Yeni.3507

Yeni.3507

I do miss the old days when Orr event zerg train is in its prime. Back when price of T6 mats were at the bottom. Hopefully, the new patch that include new crafting materials for crafting to level 500 will give Orr its old glory back.

Vol.5241

I do miss the old days when Orr event zerg train is in its prime. Back when price of T6 mats were at the bottom. Hopefully, the new patch that include new crafting materials for crafting to level 500 will give Orr its old glory back.

Back when T6 was below 1S was when bots were out in full force. Then the Great November Ban Wave happened.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Yeni.3507

Yeni.3507

Back when T6 was below 1S was when bots were out in full force. Then the Great November Ban Wave happened.

While it is true whenever a bots ban wave happened the price for T6 pats will jump, but T6 price cant not reach its current price without massive Orr event zerg train exodus.

It is very common to overestimated bots’ sway over current TP prices, just like the saying “Rome was not build in one day.”

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Guess where you can go, where the events that scale to champions are non-stop. Southsun. All the camp events scale to champs and they refresh at a crazy rate. Maybe the karka queen event will begin to happen again.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I’m pretty sure anet knew of the return of cs, why do you think they cancelled MF, they may have sugarcoated it and said it’s so that people don’t ruin dungeon runs, but it’s actually there to limit the rewards of CS farming…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

I’m pretty sure anet knew of the return of cs, why do you think they cancelled MF, they may have sugarcoated it and said it’s so that people don’t ruin dungeon runs, but it’s actually there to limit the rewards of CS farming…

I dont care. MF has never ’’worked’’ for me. I just want an endgame zone thats populated. To think that people @ lv 80 spend time in queensdale doing champs is hilariously pathetic

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

The only time I will run Queensdale circuit is to complete dailies or monthlies , You get better lot form the cows in the paddock outside the cave then the silly troll (who has really bad posture to btw)

Lisa.6102

I seriously think you need to be playing farmville or bubble pop or do some colouring in.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I seriously think you need to be playing farmville or bubble pop or do some colouring in.

He is right, though.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Lisa.6102

He is right, though.

If you share his opinion he may be, ;-)

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

It’s not like champions have short re-spawn timers or anything…

..oh wait.