The same old thing until July?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Will you really stick around with this game until July?
To me this game has been stagnant for awhile now, (Feel free to read my earlier posts). There is no sense of progress, no sense of accomplishment, Champ farming has been done to a point of insanity, PVE is a big pretty picture, but you can only stare at the one (non-changing) piece of art for so long before it becomes plain and boring. What do you even do more than once in this game, that you look forward to doing, as opposed to doing it because it’s the only way to get loot? ( rofl… loot…)

Imagine playing a game of checkers, where 2 seconds after you jump your opponents piece, it rematerializes on the board. Both you and your opponent end up just moving pieces around in eternal limbo. ( oh here, have a back piece skin )

I created a goal of my own, to accumulate enough influence to build a Deep Cave for my guild. I wonder what I will put into it…. maybe they will make ascended mats non-account bound so I can offload that worthless crap.

What will you do until Anet decides to give us a game to play?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m sorry you feel that way. To each their own. For me, I do have a game to play.

shrug

I guess our perspectives just differ is all.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

@LanfearShadowflame – While I appreciate your sympathy, I don’t need it. Maybe you could be more descriptive?

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Play other games.

The issue I have always had with gw2 has been forward looking expectations for character developement.

Sometimes that’s story driven, sometimes gameplay. Gw2 offers no story nor gameplay changes consistently enough that it’s constant updates have zero to little effect on the progression of the way I play.

Give me content in the form of maps, skills, traits or story and I will engage. Keep kittening me around with RNG and zerg stories and I’m out.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

And how did you come up with July? Because if you are listening to forum peoples then really can I pick a random date and you can create a new thread with said date?

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

And how did you come up with July? Because if you are listening to forum peoples then really can I pick a random date and you can create a new thread with said date?

no updates today, next update is wvw s2, so no balance fixes until it ends which is june

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Yes, keep pushing them. What could go wrong…

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Won’t be July, confirmed by ArenaNet to not be “months away”.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Opening-Chests-after-March-18th/page/2#post3757628

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

Hmm…I won’t uninstall if that’s along the lines of what you mean….I mean I don’t see that many games coming out that interest me. But almost every time I log in, after doing the dailies I consistently get hit with this thought ‘wait…why am I doing this again?’ then I just log and play some ps2 games (yup…you read right-good rpgs are good rpgs, what can I say?). If July is when this game changing patch is to occur I think the game will gain digital dust on my hard drive rather than being removed. But…if there are games that I’m overlooking (no I didn’t overlook DS-just not interested) and I need the HD space, GW2’s getting dropped like a bad habit until it becomes appealing again.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

@LanfearShadowflame – While I appreciate your sympathy, I don’t need it. Maybe you could be more descriptive?

lol, by descriptive I assume you want to know what I still do?

Well, I have a 2nd ranger, 2nd mes, and a brand spankin new 2nd necro to finish leveling. All of which I am in no rush to do. I’m remapping areas I liked, helping guildies that are doing it for the first time, enjoying some of the additional races’ stories, etc. In general just ‘hang out’ and ‘enjoying the scenery.’

I still have dungeons I’ve never touched.

I have a guild to manage and grow.

I venture into WvW or sPvP on occasion, though I tend to get chased out relatively quickly. Yet for some reason, I always go back. Must be a glutton for punishment I guess.

I have legendaries I’m working towards, and ascended armor as well. Just sort of doing bits here and there as I feel like it.

Generally speaking, I’m never bored when I log in. I’m always being pulled into something with one guildie or another. Hell, I’ve even done fractals a couple of times (something I’ve never really been interested in).

I have a whole list of things I want to accomplish, but always end up side tracked and simply having fun with people. It just sort of… happens, without any conscious effort on my part. Needless to say, it keeps me entertained, which was sort of the whole point of the game (for me, anyway).

Edit: Side note, I tend to agree with several others. If you’re bored, just take a break. Nothing wrong with that. Life doesn’t revolve around the game, nor should it honestly. Play a different game, read a new book series, netflix that show you’ve been meaning to watch. Lots of options out there..

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

just take a break OP…. ive done that like twice in this game already lol

That is the one nice thing – no sub fee to pressure you into playing

If you have a goal like getting a legendary/full set of ascended, than by all means you have something to do until july

If not, ESO is coming out soon, D3 xpac is about to hit the market.

Go give it a shot until the feature patch.

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

When games get stagnant, I take a break and play something else.

I just came back from a 7month+ break for gw2 so I likely won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. Great thing about it being no monthly fee is there is there is literally no penalty for quitting when you don’t feel like playing and coming back later.

If you want to stick around you can level & gear alts, achievement hunt, world completion, ascended gear, legendary crafting, there’s plenty to do in the meantime.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Opening-Chests-after-March-18th/page/2#post3757628

They also said we’d have precursor crafting and, if I recall, new legendaries by the end of 2013. But those got pushed back as well.

At this point I don’t find it possible to put any faith in any dates put forth by Anet.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It’s also confirmed by Anet that there won’t be balance changes during a WvW season.

And it’s been confirmed by Anet that the patch won’t be in june…

So they lied about 1 of those 3 statements… July is a 1/3 chance that conformation 1 was the lie and not the other 2.

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

Will you really stick around with this game until July?
To me this game has been stagnant for awhile now…

What will you do until Anet decides to give us a game to play?

well as a gw1 veteran i have to say…so what ? …no wait…as a MMO veteran i have to say….so what ???

in most MMOS i have played there were only events a few times per year, chirstmas,eastern and so on, so i have no trouble playing some months a game i like without any special events /extension packs to it…

oh and of course i will play some offline games on my ps4, but most games are finished within 20-30 hours of gameplay

ps: i got over 15k achiv poitns , serval legendary , r40 champ ilu and passionate wvw player(r5xx, not that i matters)…and yeah i dont plan to leave gw2 in the next servel years if it stays the way it is

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

It’s also confirmed by Anet that there won’t be balance changes during a WvW season.

And it’s been confirmed by Anet that the patch won’t be in june…

So they lied about 1 of those 3 statements… July is a 1/3 chance that conformation 1 was the lie and not the other 2.

It was confirmed for last season that there would be no balance changes during the season but they have made no statements regarding balance changes during this year’s season.