The spider mount.

The spider mount.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Any chance we can get this in game even in a less creppy version (;-;) as a new mount type?

Also i thougj of a movement skill as well instead of jumping the spider weaves a bridges to pass above areas it would otherwise be harder. This skill will take longer to minfest compaired to the raptort but the bridge remains for a minute for everyone to pass.

Also when you jump off cliffs the spider will attacks some web the cliff and slowly fall down preventing the character from taking fatal falling dmg.

The spider mount.

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I want the super creepy one as part of this years continuation of the mad king story as well as a new map that’s designed to function all year but get crazy around halloween

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

The spider mount.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

If the six gods ever decide to bring in a spider mount, I’d expect it would be able to climb cliffs, rather than make bridges. Spanning chasms is already handled by the raptor, but climbing cliffs isn’t handled by any mount yet and it’s something you’d expect a spider to do.

I agree on the falling damage part.

The spider mount.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’d like the Spider mount; it can replace the removed Griffon mount.

The spider mount.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

And an engineer could have a mechanical spider! With flamethrowers.

The spider mount.

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Any chance we can get this in game even in a less creppy version (;-;) as a new mount type?

Also i thougj of a movement skill as well instead of jumping the spider weaves a bridges to pass above areas it would otherwise be harder. This skill will take longer to minfest compaired to the raptort but the bridge remains for a minute for everyone to pass.

Also when you jump off cliffs the spider will attacks some web the cliff and slowly fall down preventing the character from taking fatal falling dmg.

Less creepy? Like having a red skin with black stripes? We can also call it Peter! Wait….. I sense copyright issues :O

The spider mount.

zealex.9410

If the six gods ever decide to bring in a spider mount, I’d expect it would be able to climb cliffs, rather than make bridges. Spanning chasms is already handled by the raptor, but climbing cliffs isn’t handled by any mount yet and it’s something you’d expect a spider to do.

The bunny one does that.

The spider mount.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

The bunny one does that.

No, the bunny scales cliffs by jumping which would have limitations in terms of maximum height, aiming and room to land. A spider, in my imagining, would have the freedom to climb vertically or move horizontally on a cliff face as desired, as well as being able to just hang there on a cliff-face in case you wanted a safe place to rest.

Anyway, aren’t you being hypocritical? If the spider can’t scale cliffs cause the bunny does that, why would you ask it to span chasms which is what a raptor does already?

The spider mount.

zealex.9410

The bunny one does that.

No, the bunny scales cliffs by jumping which would have limitations in terms of maximum height, aiming and room to land. A spider, in my imagining, would have the freedom to climb vertically or move horizontally on a cliff face as desired, as well as being able to just hang there on a cliff-face in case you wanted a safe place to rest.

Anyway, aren’t you being hypocritical? If the spider can’t scale cliffs cause the bunny does that, why would you ask it to span chasms which is what a raptor does already?

I am the hypocrit? The bunny handles that already so why add another mount for that same job. And dont tell me because it does it in a diff way because i suggested a diff way for what a raptor does as well. At least having a slawer falling through the web can still work and feel unique.

The spider mount.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s been reported (I think it was on Bog Otter’s stream Tuesday), that they did create a spider mount but it was deemed too creepy to use.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

The spider mount.

zealex.9410

It’s been reported (I think it was on Bog Otter’s stream Tuesday), that they did create a spider mount but it was deemed too creepy to use.

Yeah ik thats why i suggested making it less creepy and throwing it :/

The spider mount.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Spider-mont, spider-mont-
Does what ever a spider can…

The spider mount.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

The bunny one does that.

I am the hypocrit? The bunny handles that already so why add another mount for that same job. And dont tell me because it does it in a diff way because i suggested a diff way for what a raptor does as well. At least having a slawer falling through the web can still work and feel unique.

If you’re asking me “why add another mount for the same job” then why are you suggesting adding another mount for the same job as the raptor? O_o

The spider mount.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

As I suggested in another thread, the “too creepy for Arachnophobes” issue might be avoidable if they had a “spiders” toggle in the options menu, where if you turned it on then the Spider mounts would appear to be something else on your client, like a machine or another animal. They already have a lot of client-side instanced content, like Heart Quest objectives, so it’s possible that this might be doable (even though each game system is its own thing and it may not be doable).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

The spider mount.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

shhh….. it will be available under gemstore mount skin…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

The spider mount.

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

I can totally see this happening…
If not mount skin, maybe they will add equipment skin for mounts, something like saddle with fairy glitter and glow

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

The spider mount.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

We will get a few mounts with the expansion. You can pretty well bet that there will be more mounts in the gemstore and (with sufficient begging) the Spider mount will be there, for 700 gems.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

The spider mount.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

They could just make a Karka mount, glue 4 more dangling legs on it and paint some extra eyes on the front (and a mustache so its classy).

The spider mount.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I want a Spider Mount, too. Able to scale walls ideally, just walk up.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

The spider mount.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I can totally see this happening…
If not mount skin, maybe they will add equipment skin for mounts, something like saddle with fairy glitter and glow

This mini pet has a lovely green glow. Scale it up and it’s the mount my Necro needs.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.