The things I don't do in GW2 now

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mythil.9416

mythil.9416

Okay before you write this off as over the top complaining I would just like to say one or two things. First of all I (as are we all) paying customers who bought this game and many of us have spent money in the gems store, I think that gives us (the consumers) the right to have some say in the product we’ve bought. Secondly, I’m saying this because I really loved GW2 and even though I’ve been on and off it spurred me on to look up more Charr lore and more about the world and really look around for all the things I could experience.

Not that aside.

I haven’t been wanting to do much in GW2 post patch. Now don’t think I’m just b*tching because of all the problems with it, it really, legitimately made me feel like I don’t want to do things.

First of all I look at dailies and before the patch there were usually a good few at the top that I could just jump into that weren’t PVP. As I’m not a PVP’er I do all of the PVE ones, all of them. But now I just look at the limited amount of PVE dailies and just decide not to bother. Restricting my choices in the dailies means I don’t want to do the only PVE ones I need to complete them.

I really like leveling characters. Seriously, I will put off getting a legendary or something else just to take a character through it’s progression, story and see what comes of it. However the new trait system and other such things has made it a boring, lifeless slog to the point where I don’t want to make anything anymore.

I don’t really want to go outside my home city anymore because, well I have to waypoint twice and you could call me lazy but kitten it seems really dumb and backwards to have to WP twice just to get where I want to go.

My main is an engineer and most of my time spent on him is in dungeons with the rest of my guild (who seem to be playing a lot less after the patch too) and so the new traits for him are.. useless. You can buff turrets all you like but their horrible AI and the fact that they die in one hit from anything in a dungeon makes them worthless.

Yes okay I’m complaining. But I spent money on a product and something I enjoyed and I feel like I should have some sort of say rather than just being told what’s happening or even being asked on if this effects me in any way. This goes for all of you too, all of you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Feedback is always welcome on the forums, but I don’t believe that purchasing a product gives me any right to expect I should ‘have a say’ in how it is developed. I mean, I bought a toaster-oven I’m not thrilled with, and although I could write the company and give them my feedback, I am pretty sure they will still sell the models they feel are best.

Some people like the way a product has been developed, and others do not. I am sure it would be difficult to please two groups of people with opposing viewpoints. As far as the game goes, it seems to me, given time, the Developers do try to accommodate what they feel is the majority or do what is best for the game as a whole.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

To have the best chance of your feedback being heard and action being taken if it is needed may I suggest that you review the following thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-to-Give-Good-Feedback/

Not giving feedback in this matter may result to your voice not being heard as it was intended.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: mythil.9416

mythil.9416

To have the best chance of your feedback being heard and action being taken if it is needed may I suggest that you review the following thread.

Not giving feedback in this matter may result to your voice not being heard as it was intended.

This was more expressing my, “feelings” I guess you could say.

I don’t think Anet is going to fix any of this or alter any of it. So shrugs

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Feedback is always welcome on the forums, but I don’t believe that purchasing a product gives me any right to expect I should ‘have a say’ in how it is developed.

My take is that choosing not to buy a company’s product in the future due to how it is being developed is having a say in how it is developed. That does not mean that one’s say is not overridden, but think it is a say.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

This was more expressing my, “feelings” I guess you could say.

I don’t think Anet is going to fix any of this or alter any of it. So shrugs

Your feeling are acknowledged and understood. A lot of people agree with you. If the community discusses the downsides and upsides to changes ArenaNet may indeed change their position in the future. They may not. If a change does happen it won’t happen right away. It may not even happen until the next feature patch or later. But they may eventually change their position. They have already changed some things that some of us thought they would never change. I am looking at you account bound dyes and Ascended Gear account bound. However due to the massive amount of feedback it would be best if they go to the relevant threads.

*Changes to daily achievements:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Only-10-Daily-Achivements/

*Changes to traits:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Traits

*Changes to the waypoint systems due to MegaServers. I know for a fact that they don’t like the way the waypoint system is either but it is the best implementation they could think of at this time. They also feel that the Positives in their view on MegaServers overweight the downsides of waypointing twice. They want feedback on this :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Guild-World-Events-Megaservers-WvW

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto