The tragic tale of an unwanted dagger

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

I played Guild Wars from beta 3 to around the time the Molten Alliance was perking up. At the time, you could buy Black Lion Keys and open chests to get a chance at a Fused Weapon Ticket to claim a Fused Weapon from a special, limited-time vendor. Being that our guild colors were black and red and I was leveling a thief, I jumped on the chance to spend about 30$ on getting a burning Dagger for my new thief.

“This is gonna look really awesome with the black and red armor…”

But, real life started interfering with play time, and I sadly stepped away from the game until about three weeks ago. The guild had decided to switch to a black and green color scheme, and I found I hated played a thief. So, that Fused Dagger Skin was still sitting in my bank, now mocking me for spending money on it. It doesn’t go with black and green.

Then Anet in their infinite wisdom decided, “Hey, let’s make all those old weapons tradable!” Boom! I could finally sell that dagger to someone who was going for a fiery look! But wait! My Fused Dagger Skin wasn’t tradable? Off to the forums!

Only newly obtained skins in select sets are tradable. In the past, we intended those skins to be account-bound and not tradable. After the change, these skins will remain account-bound and not tradable. We will continue to monitor the value of those skins, but at this time, there is no plan to make tradability retroactive.

NOOOOOOOOO!

But, there is a way around this! If you have two weapon skins, placing them in a stack, then splitting them, makes them BOTH tradable! Yes…but I only have one. How much are they going for anyway….250 gold. And I have….25 gold. Okay.

Come on Anet. Do the right thing here, let me make someone happy with a shiny fiery dagger, and make myself happy with a bunch of ill-gotten gold that I can frivolously waste on dyes and such.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Oh, come on, you know the only non-ill-gotten gold in GW2 is the gold you buy with your gems. lol

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

I don’t want to sound rude but you’re being childish to complain about this. The guild’s armor changes according to it’s banner and you knew this risk and besides, there are many other armors to choose from.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

How could your guild do this to you?

Keep the dagger, find a new guild with the appropriate colors.

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

I don’t want to sound rude but you’re being childish to complain about this. The guild’s armor changes according to it’s banner and you knew this risk and besides, there are many other armors to choose from.

The point of this thread is not that his guild ruined his style. It’s that Anet screwed him.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I find it interesting that an account bound item like that can be made tradeable via stacking. That sounds unintended on Anets part. Be careful using that method.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

kitten the guild colors? thats what i say. use/wear w/e you like

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Mourningcry.9428

I find it interesting that an account bound item like that can be made tradeable via stacking. That sounds unintended on Anets part. Be careful using that method.

The important part is that one of those items must not be bound – in this case one of the new versions of the weapons skin.

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Considering this has to do with a guild color change in your absence. What the guild could do for you is loan you the gold needed to buy the second item. Stack and split to make them both trade-able then sell them both. Pay back the 250g and keep the profit.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

just hope that when you stack them, they both don’t turn into account bound

Mourningcry.9428

Considering this has to do with a guild color change in your absence. What the guild could do for you is loan you the gold needed to buy the second item. Stack and split to make them both trade-able then sell them both. Pay back the 250g and keep the profit.

Any guild that had to switch from Red Dye to the cheaper Green Dye may not be able to front the gold.

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

I was mostly joking, guys.

But still, it doesn’t make much sense to make a one-time purchasable item into a tradable item, but only for people who were prescient enough to keep the tickets.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

How could your guild do this to you?

Keep the dagger, find a new guild with the appropriate colors.

LOL! This!^

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]