The way kill credit works is broken/unfair

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’ve had problems with the way this system works since launch of the game. If you don’t use full bezerker build, ur basically screwed out of loot in favor of high dmg builds. It used to be worse for condi classes when condi was basically useless, but its still bad for anyone not running berzerker when it comes to getting loot from kills. I’ve heard time and time again Anet say they would fix this issue, but so far it hasn’t happened yet.

I would like to believe they want build diversity, but this does not seem to translate on the ground.

I’ve never run pure berserker builds, i don’t like being a glass cannon and get bored if i’m so op where i one shot everything in low lvl zones.

So to the point, today for the umpteenth time, I was soling a champ, got him down to 1/4 hp, when this guy rolls up, hits him twice b4 it died and i end up with a blue champ bag. I’m really, really sick of this. How is this fair? I did all the work, then some zerker runs up does 1-2 hits and he gets the best loot while I end up with crumbs?

Really Anet, u keep saying u wish to give us build diversity but when all you measure is dps for players to get sufficient credit for kills and hence good loot, rather than the lvl of participation, you shouldn’t be surprised all players want to run is berzerkers, as that will always give them the best loot.

Please fix this. 3.5 years of crappy loot is really more than enough for me. I’m just really tired of this system and are at a point where i don’t want to participate in anything that involves other players. I’ve never complained much about the loot as i’m not really loot- centric player, but even for me, this has become too much to bear when it keeps happening time and time again.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

You do not have a clue what loot he got unless they ping it. And he likely didn’t ping it as ppl seldom do so.

So you get a blue bag… I get blues and whites as well fighting champs in low(er) levels…
(mostly glass builds, viper/zerk/sinister/zealot)

They removed champs from 1-15 area’s mostly and in 15-25 I never seem to get exotic champ bags… at least nowadays,..

You should understand now most ppl are saying “well 2 blues and 1 green again” isn’t an exception, it’s a rule, Exotics are scarce, rare’s a bit less… same for champ bags. high level bosses give higher chance of high level bag. chance, not guarantee.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Blue champ bags have zero to do with zerker or participation. The bag you get isn’t a sign that you did more or less damage. It’s simply random. You could have soloed the entire champ and gotten a blue champ bag. I have.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

The amount of damage you do, does not change the type of loot you get. If you don’t do enough damage then you end up getting nothing. That is the only problem.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

They also did change it recently so any healing you do to others gives you a % of the damage they do.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I killed a low level champ yesterday and got a exotic champ bag then another champ on the same map and got a white champ bag. My build is mostly zerker.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The amount of damage you do, does not change the type of loot you get. If you don’t do enough damage then you end up getting nothing. That is the only problem.

This is correct.

It’s not a scaling system – either you do enough damage to get loot and XP or you don’t and you get nothing. Once you pass that threshold and you’re counted as having participated in the kill/event how much damage you do doesn’t matter.

And the requirement is very low. I play a deliberately sub-optimal rabid (condition damage/toughness/precision) build on my main character – a ranger – and it’s extremely rare that I don’t do enough damage to qualify. Even in world boss events I often only get occasional hits in because I prefer all the other stuff – destroying the adds or resurrecting other players (especially during the Claw of Jormag event) and I always find I’ve done enough to qualify.

Once you’ve done enough damage to qualify for loot it’s all down to RNG, with a few controlling factors. For example with champ bags it depends on the level of your character and the zone you’re in. You’ll only start seeing green and better bags at level 40 and above. Below that it’s always blue or white.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Well my experience is different. Whenever i’ve soloed a champ, regardless of where, i’ve always received an exotic bag. The only time i rarely get one, is when anyone else participates and this has happened too many times to be a random coincidence.

Posted by: Gendou.9620

Gendou.9620

Well my experience is different. Whenever i’ve soloed a champ, regardless of where, i’ve always received an exotic bag. The only time i rarely get one, is when anyone else participates and this has happened too many times to be a random coincidence.

I mean you really can’t be serious if you believe soloing a champ is how you get exotic bags and getting help is detrimental— Have you never heard of zerg champ farming? Every champ drops an exotic bag 100% of the time unless you didn’t show up to tag, which is usually about a few hits. Sounds more like you need to get over your ego and stop blaming people who help you in a fight. I would say you are trying to jump to conclusions without understanding the fact that since day 1 release there is no penalty for other helping you considering loot is instanced. Also if you are farming in low level zones don’t expect to get exotic champ bags as often as lvl 70+ zones. Maybe next time you shouldn’t assume something you have little knowledge of rather than blaming others.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I frequently kill champs when with whole zergs of people and get exotic champ bags. That’s why people do champ trains as a zerg. That alone says that being with a group or soloing doesn’t matter. Either you get a bag of some color, or you don’t if you don’t cross the damage threshold.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But other people have had experiences that negate yours.

The truth is, and it was in patch notes a long time ago, is that you have a specific chance of getting loot at 80th level on an 80th level character in lower zones. They changed the percentage so that if you’re in a zone 55 or higher that chance goes up slightly.

The bag you get has nothing to do with participation period. It’s not a guess. It’s a fact.

Posted by: Mishoo.5918

Mishoo.5918

One thing that has been proven to be broken / unfair is limiting the number of those receiving credit for the kill . If you’re not among the first ( around 50 they say ), you receive nothing, no matter how much damage you do. If you do not believe this, try any champion spawned during a world event, for example Modniir Ulgoth.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

One thing that has been proven to be broken / unfair is limiting the number of those receiving credit for the kill . If you’re not among the first ( around 50 they say ), you receive nothing, no matter how much damage you do. If you do not believe this, try any champion spawned during a world event, for example Modniir Ulgoth.

Thats because you probably didnt do enough damage to get credit in that case, thats why people join groups and squads.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The type of champ bag you get is random based on the level of the champ and your personal level. If it’s a lvl 80 champ (and you’re lvl 80) it’s always going to be an exotic bag.

If you’re under lvl 80 you will get a champ bag based on your level. This will be the highest quality bag you can possibly get. You can see this in action if you level your character in HoTM. It’s something like lvl 1-20 white bag, 20-35 blue, 35-50 green, 50-65 yellow, 65+ gold. (I don’t remember the exact levels so don’t quote me on this).

If the champ is sub 80 and you are max level you have the possibility of getting any rarity champ bag. If you qualify for loot you get a champ bag. It’s random as to which one you’ll get.

Your participation level only affects bronze/silver/gold credit for the event, not what type of loot you get.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Thats because you probably didnt do enough damage to get credit in that case, thats why people join groups and squads.

I’ve tested this on my ranger and there is some sort of limit on how many receive loot from the champs. Say at Ulgoth I rapid fire the first champ that the zerg attacks then I move on to the other two and tag both of those as well before the zerg gets there. I don’t ever go back to do more damage to the first champ beyond rapid fire because it dies so fast. I barely do any damage at all to that first champ, but I still get that champ bag because I was one of the first few to hit it. Same goes for the other two champs. It has nothing to do with how much overall damage you do. I’ve done this solo, without a party of any kind so there’s no way grouping up affects it either. It might help, but I don’t think it does because I’ve partied with others for this and they don’t always get the bags when I do.

Posted by: Mishoo.5918

Mishoo.5918

Wrong answer. With my ele, I tag the champ among the first players, I drop Lava font, 2-3 fireballs then step away and get credit. Next one, I wait until the champ HP reach 75% and all other players tagged it, i drop 5 Meteor showers and receive nothing. I invite anyone to try.