The wings are too animated.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FranBunnyFFXII.3508

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

So I managed to get lucky and pick up a pair of the holo wings, and i’ve seen the Shattered wings on preview. I have to say they look nice… Except for the fact that they are swinning so hard.

They would look better if they weren’t so heavily animated. If they were less flappy and more stationary they’d look excellent.
The animation is fine standing still, but moving it just looks odd.

I’ve owned “wing” back items in other games, and having them flap like this, just looks strange.
If you’d like to see a game that did “wings” right, Tales Runner did an excellent job.

Franbunny Alice Viera – 25/F/USA
|Aurin Esper|Castanic Archer|Sword Fiona|Norn Ranger|Blood Elf Fire Mage|Togruta Sith|

in Suggestions

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I personally like the way they are >.<

i think is more matter of tastes..

Couldn t see the shatterer version yet

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I like it much better when the wings are flapping. The animation is neat! That is why I got them

in Suggestions

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

I guess it looks ok to people who haven’t seen them done in other games, and what looks uncanny or not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvNTkUkMgDE
Here’s an example of well done rigged wings.

|Aurin Esper|Castanic Archer|Sword Fiona|Norn Ranger|Blood Elf Fire Mage|Togruta Sith|

in Suggestions

Zavve.8205

That is your opinion. I don’t like the stiff wings in the video. The animation for the holo wings give life to them and I thinks its cool to see.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

I agree. I don’t like the animation. They move to fast.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I personally like the way they are >.<

i think is more matter of tastes..

Couldn t see the shatterer version yet

If you check the PvP locker the shatterer version is there and you can preview it. It’s in the very last panel at the very end.

in Suggestions

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

That is your opinion. I don’t like the stiff wings in the video. The animation for the holo wings give life to them and I thinks its cool to see.

What’s uncanny and unfluid isn’t an opinion. Whats red is red, whats white is white, and its a fact that he wings animations don’t syngergize with the way player’s avatars move, which is why it looks uncanny.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

dunno how to say it but on my mesmer they are simply perfect..

If only they were purple to match also the colour…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I dunno, I don’t mind it on the normal ones but the animation on the shatterers ones are terrible

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Maybe its just because I’m use to wings in games like Champions Online and others that the wings only flap when you jump and fly. When you are on the ground they fold up as you would expected wings to do.

Just 5 seconds previewing the wings and I knew the constant flapping would be annoying.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

It looks great to me as it is. They’re a holographic toy, not a means of flight or the solemn remnant of a fallen angel’s heritage. Whether my Asura is dashing around or standing still, they look fitting.

in Suggestions

Zavve.8205

What’s uncanny and unfluid isn’t an opinion. Whats red is red, whats white is white, and its a fact that he wings animations don’t syngergize with the way player’s avatars move, which is why it looks uncanny.

Still a matter of opinion.

in Suggestions

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

Ok buddy. you keep thinking that.

in Suggestions

Zavve.8205

Dude, if you don’t like it then that is understandable. I don’t get why your opinion is okay but mine is not lol. But whatevs

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

AGREE!! I will just stick to my quaggan backpack, because with asura light armor this doesnt work. The wings keep clipping through my shoulders and helm

in Suggestions

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

They should just fold inward stay still when NOT moving (or when walking).
I don’t see the problem yet with their speed when characters are running full speed.

in Suggestions

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

They should just fold inward stay still when NOT moving (or when walking).
I don’t see the problem yet with their speed when characters are running full speed.

I was thinking they should fold in or at least stay rigged to the way the character moves when the character moves, and then be animated when you’re standing still.

What do you think?

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

That is 100% an opinion. Whats white is white. Yeah ofc. But we can both look at a color and say we do or do not like that color. Same with wings. I like them a lot, you don’t, and those both opinions.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

I would prefer if wings moved when you move, and when you stan they can move only from time to time or strech or something like that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I plan on using them on my asura. It seems to me the best fit for the speed. For a (huge bulky) norn I would imagine a more “majestic” flap – meaning slower.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Asura is the best fit for everything!

i like them personally i didn’t get lucky but have gambled and invested in a few pairs as the maximum supply i have seen is 259, 178 last time i checked even if it jumps up by 5-10g ill be happy depends on the demand i suppose!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

So I managed to get lucky and pick up a pair of the holo wings, and i’ve seen the Shattered wings on preview. I have to say they look nice… Except for the fact that they are swinning so hard.

They would look better if they weren’t so heavily animated. If they were less flappy and more stationary they’d look excellent.

I’ve owned “wing” back items in other games, and having them flap like this, just looks strange.
If you’d like to see a game that did “wings” right, Tales Runner did an excellent job.

Why would I want useless unflapping wings on my back? That makes no sense… Completely defeats the purpose of them being wings…Wow.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I agree. Wings are always cool. However these keep flapping kinda annoys me, but I’ll still get it while I can.

in Suggestions

Afya.5842

Why would I want useless unflapping wings on my back? That makes no sense… Completely defeats the purpose of them being wings…Wow.

The purpose of wing is to fly! not flap……

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Thankfully, flying won’t happen in this game I don’t think Anet is that self destructive.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I like that they’re animated but I agree, they’re a little too animated (yea a little too Raph). Or maybe keep the flapping while standing but reduce it while in combat and running.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Ostrich
Emu
Kangaroo Island Emu
King Island Emu
Cassowaries
Moa
Elephant birds
Kiwis
Rheas
Moa-nalos †
Bermuda Island Flightless Duck †
Fuegian Steamer Duck
Falkland Steamer Duck
Chubut Steamer Duck
Auckland Teal
Campbell Teal
Dromornis †
Genyornis †
Chendytes lawi †
Kaua’i Mole Duck †
New Zealand geese †
Cuban Flightless Crane †
Red Rail †
Rodrigues Rail †
Woodford’s Rail (probably flightless)
Bar-winged Rail † (probably flightless)
Weka
New Caledonian Rail
Lord Howe Woodhen
Calayan Rail
New Britain Rail
Okinawa Rail
Guam Rail
Roviana Rail (flightless, or nearly so)6
Tahiti Rail †
Dieffenbach’s Rail †
Chatham Rail †
Wake Island Rail †
Snoring Rail
Inaccessible Island Rail
Laysan Rail †
Hawaiian Rail †
Kosrae Crake †
Ascension Crake †
Red-eyed Crake
Invisible Rail
New Guinea Flightless Rail
Lord Howe Swamphen † (probably flightless)
North Island Takahe †
Takahe
Samoan Wood Rail
Makira Wood Rail
Tristan Moorhen †
Gough Island Moorhen
Tasmanian Nativehen
Giant Coot (adults only; immatures can fly)
Adzebills †

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Afya.5842

Thankfully, flying won’t happen in this game I don’t think Anet is that self destructive.

Just to say unflapping wings isn’t useless. These wings flap crazy but there is absolutely no back movement and the character just stand there like nothing’s happening makes it very awkward.

tbh, I think the gw1 raiment of lich wing is good enough with a little swing like how quaggon backpack’s arms/legs move.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Ostrich
Emu
Kangaroo Island Emu
King Island Emu
(…)

I looked and I looked again. I rubbed my eyes and looked yet again.
Why did you not mention the most famous of all extinct flightless birds?
Let me add:

Dodo

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Suggestions

Afya.5842

Ostrich
Emu
Kangaroo Island Emu
King Island Emu
Cassowaries
Moa
Elephant birds
Kiwis
Rheas
Moa-nalos †
Bermuda Island Flightless Duck †
Fuegian Steamer Duck
Falkland Steamer Duck
Chubut Steamer Duck
Auckland Teal
Campbell Teal
Dromornis †
Genyornis †
Chendytes lawi †
Kaua’i Mole Duck †
New Zealand geese †
Cuban Flightless Crane †
Red Rail †
Rodrigues Rail †
Woodford’s Rail (probably flightless)
Bar-winged Rail † (probably flightless)
Weka
New Caledonian Rail
Lord Howe Woodhen
Calayan Rail
New Britain Rail
Okinawa Rail
Guam Rail
Roviana Rail (flightless, or nearly so)6
Tahiti Rail †
Dieffenbach’s Rail †
Chatham Rail †
Wake Island Rail †
Snoring Rail
Inaccessible Island Rail
Laysan Rail †
Hawaiian Rail †
Kosrae Crake †
Ascension Crake †
Red-eyed Crake
Invisible Rail
New Guinea Flightless Rail
Lord Howe Swamphen † (probably flightless)
North Island Takahe †
Takahe
Samoan Wood Rail
Makira Wood Rail
Tristan Moorhen †
Gough Island Moorhen
Tasmanian Nativehen
Giant Coot (adults only; immatures can fly)
Adzebills †

Doesn’t change the fact that many of those wings are useless.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Whether you feel the wings flap too much, not enough, whatever is personal preference. Some might prefer them stationary, like the op. Some might like them, but think they flap too fast. Others might like them as they are, and yet still others might think they need a little more flap.

My solution? Give us a slider bar to adjust how fast they flap, or even if they flap at all. Makes everybody happy.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Suggestions

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Whether you feel the wings flap too much, not enough, whatever is personal preference. Some might prefer them stationary, like the op. Some might like them, but think they flap too fast. Others might like them as they are, and yet still others might think they need a little more flap.

My solution? Give us a slider bar to adjust how fast they flap, or even if they flap at all. Makes everybody happy.

Good suggestion.

But I doubt it’ll happen. They know they can’t please everybody – so unless the flapping speed affects majority – deal with it. :p

I personally like it the way it is now btw.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I haven’t seen it in game yest. Just the previews I’ve seen in the live streams, youtube, etc. They look nifty, so I plan to get at least 1 pair.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

I’d like if they flapped while moving, and just closed up when standing still. I guess that would be a lot of work though, so meh.