Their silly Stealth Patches everytime

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

could you please for gods sake finally stop with this crap?
Thank you >.>

Seriously…

I can really understand it, when sometimes something gets forgotten to mention in such annoucement postings, but by the amount of how oftenly Anet did already fail in the past with making COMPLETE announcements, one must start to think, that the day must be really near soon, when one of those Devs will seriously forget even their heads /sarcasm …

How can such a change like that as it seems, that certain Dungeon Bosses got completely overworked with total new skills and mechanics get so simply forgotten, that such an important change doesn’t get mentioned in the latest patch announcement???

Just did for the first time right now after the latest patch a run of Honor of the Waves Path 1, a path, that was very good and one of the most beginner friendly dungeon paths of the whole game UNTIL NOW due to Anet having basically ruined it with changing the troll boss, which is just now in that area a total pain in the **s to fight, due to hits massive CC skilsl that it spams like every 3 seconds from knockdowns to fear to AoE daze/weakness while also hittignyou like before already as like a truck beign able ti down you with just a few hits.. and if this isn’t already enough. Anet gave that boss a massive Self regeneration, stat starts with like unremoveable 10 stacks of regeneration and rises over the course of the battle to 25 stacks of regeneration, that you just CANT REMOVE

I seriously wouldn’t be surprised, if anet would have stealth changed without mentioning any slightest word of this also alot of other Dungeon Bosses …

Such changes are it, which really annoy alot of people, with such silly changes like these without any information about it, you must not be surprised, when many people get angry over you Anet and under them surely also so angry, that they will permanently quit with the game (not that I will do, but just to mention, somewhen will there be also a point, where its enough for me, if such stealth changes get totally out of control…)

Some kind of Stealth Changes are also made, where you start to believe, anet does this with purpose, because of them knowing fully very well, that the implementation of those changes with official annoucement in the patch notes would create only a huge negative backlash…

But seriously, if this really should hit the nail on the head, then stop with this nonsense!
You make with this only more people really angry, than you make people happy with such stupid stuff.
If you can’t be honest enough with your playerbase to inform us about everything, what a patch will add or change, then there is seriously something wrong with your information policies of You.

Sure, this posting is now full of emotion somewhere, but I’m very sure, that I’m not the only person, who has enough of these stealth changes, especially when they seem to be made likely with purpose to try to avoid negative reactions from the community.

Otherwise I can’t explain it to myself, how oftenly these kind of silly stealth changes hapen here in this game.
So extremely forgetful can seriously NOBODY be…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

one of the most beginner friendly dungeon paths of the whole game

isn’t HotW tied for the highest level dungeon in the game? why should that standing be beginner friendly? AC, CM, and TA should be beginner friendly. I would expect end-game dungeons to be a pain the kisser.

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

isn’t HotW tied for the highest level dungeon in the game? why should that standing be beginner friendly? AC, CM, and TA should be beginner friendly. I would expect end-game dungeons to be a pain the kisser.

Thats not the point of his post….the point of his post is communication. Which I agree with…and I wonder what the point of buffing the troll was? HOTW P1 was a good path…not too easy, not too hard…it was actually one of my favorites to run. I seriously thought that HoTW didn’t need changing…not compared to many of the other dungeons.

I also hate stealth changes. It would have been easy to put in the patch notes “buffed Troll in HoTW.”

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

CoF P1 is almost certainly the easiest dungeon path in the game, and it does not become available until level 75.

Regardless of their intention, it is clear that dungeon difficulty has nothing to do with the level it becomes available.

It is very annoying that arenanet didn’t feel the need to inform the dungeon community of their changes. Last I killed this troll he dropped AC tokens too lol. So much fail.

Sounds like a conflict in information on the troll. Meaning the troll is bugged unintentionally. This happens often when dealing with many variations of code. Some times people forget to delete lines of code or add lines of code to the million lines of code there already is. It only takes 1 person to make this mistake when handing in their assignment. The amount of time it takes to look through the code would take far to long for 1 person to even look at it. If it becomes to Anet’s Attention (AKA support ticket with screenshots or recording) will help Anet narrow down the issue and help them fix it faster. Complaining about it on the forums is less likely to get the issue fixed.

This by the sounds of it is not an intended change but rather a developer was doing some testing and forgot to remove the code he was testing when he handed his variation in. No one would think to check a single troll in HOTW if the guy was working on server optimization but on his spar time was working on the troll.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

If they changed stealth or completely redesigned the thief class without initiative to still be a strong class without it I would be completely fine with it.

Mystic.5934

If they changed stealth or completely redesigned the thief class without initiative to still be a strong class without it I would be completely fine with it.

I couldn’t agree more. mostly, I’d want stealth to just be like 95% invisible, so you could still see that something is there and aoe it.
^_^

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Troll is now Chuck Norris and shall be known as Troll Norris from now on.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

uhm, you two, this thread isn’t about any changes on the Stealth Mechanic, sorry if that thread title sounds misleading.

its about Anets permanent unnounced changes in the game, simple or even of heavier nature, which jost get “forgotten” to mention in the patch notes and it basically happens since game release with nearly every patch …

Most of the times it are minor changes, like adding new skill item icons and exchanging dublette icons out with them… so just non relevant changes, that have no influence on the overall gameplay of the game…

However, on the other hand, completely changing the whole combat mechanics of a dungeon boss out with total overpowered new attack skills, alot of them which seem to just taken from the attack animations ect. from the latest new edge of the mist creatures, but just only more OP and more annoying as hell with constant fear spam and attacks that hit so hard, that even defensive players with PVT gear get nearly instant downed if you don’t dodge its quick attacks…

Something like this MUST get announced . As like the boss its now, its basically a path breaker, it completely ruins the whole path 1.
If this is only some kind of “Test”, then remove it, make a hot fix and change the path back to how it worked originally, if this change wasn’t planned on intention!

However, seriously, for what do the Devs have Test Servers outside of the normal play server ??? I ask myself, if this change should be really only a test, that didn’t get removed and somehow landed in the final patch unrecognized …

PS: edited the Thread Title to further prevent misinterpretations

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

However, on the other hand, completely changing the whole combat mechanics of a dungeon boss out with total overpowered new attack skills, alot of them which seem to just taken from the attack animations ect. from the latest new edge of the mist creatures, but just only more OP and more annoying as hell with constant fear spam and attacks that hit so hard, that even defensive players with PVT gear get nearly instant downed if you don’t dodge its quick attacks…

Something like this MUST get announced . As like the boss its now, its basically a path breaker, it completely ruins the whole path 1.
If this is only some kind of “Test”, then remove it, make a hot fix and change the path back to how it worked originally, if this change wasn’t planned on intention!

However, seriously, for what do the Devs have Test Servers outside of the normal play server ??? I ask myself, if this change should be really only a test, that didn’t get removed and somehow landed in the final patch unrecognized …

PS: edited the Thread Title to further prevent misinterpretations

Some times it is not easy to narrow down the changes a person has made. This has happened in LOL and in WOW before along with many other games. I remember it took 3 days for them to find code that was causing issues in LOL just because a developer forgot to remove test code.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I see two sides to this.

If large sections of the community are exploiting or taking advantage of boss mechanics in obviously unintended ways and changes are implemented to punish that behavior, then stealth nerfs are warranted and welcomed. Those players deserve a repair bill or two.

On the other hand, I agree that if mechanics are changed to upgrade a fight for the sake of upgrading the fight (which is still a welcome change) then they should probably make it into the patch notes.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I really don’t get why the troll in HotW was changed in the first place.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Well, the Troll in AC that spawns in story is not, in any way, more friendly towards beginners anyway and it’s actually what causes almost every team with several unexperienced low level players to leave the party.
The only things that I can say about HotW troll are: 1 I am surprised they buffed that instead of firstly work on the most farmed and faceroll dungeon path in game (CoF 1)
2 It’s CC attacks are ridiculously unbalanced and all I can see as a reason to implement such changes to it, is to force people to kill those stupid wolves that were always skipped
3 They buffed a random champion troll and left all of the ridiculously dumb Legendary bosses in dungeons the same useless, plain endless hp pools.
But I agree with you when you say this “stealth changes” are obnoxious and surely made to try to counter the amount of negative comments. I can’t see any other reason, which is quite silly, considering how much people have been complaining every day about dungeons being too easy and in need of reworks.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Also, I learned to write without learning to read.

FTFY

Mystic.5934

uhm, you two, this thread isn’t about any changes on the Stealth Mechanic, sorry if that thread title sounds misleading.

I only did it because I came here expecting something about stealth as well, but found something different. Walls of text tend to make people not read them, and I’ve certainly replied without reading before, so I felt a connection with him. coming to a thread I wasn’t expecting was probably why my first post wasn’t that helpful to your cause. which I agree with, btw: too many things get left out of patch notes. also, notices about making things you own worthless are not nearly as visible as they should be (ex: the belongings merchant was removed, also Lionguard Lyns comes to mind)