Theory: Guild Halls killed Terrace Scrolls?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

I have made posts in the past involving the re-releasing of the Terrace Scroll for sale.

My husband and I, with 9 accounts between us, and only 3 of those accounts total own Terrace Scrolls, we were 99% certain they were going to be up for sale during the 21-day Anniversary sale yet they never came.

My husband and I avidly discussed this and came up with the following theory:

They may not bring back the Terrace Scroll because with the dawn of Guild Halls we won’t need them?

Any thoughts on this theory?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

1.there are already Heart of the myst, own borderlands…. where you even can step back to the place you where before. with terrace scroll and airship you cant
2. the airship one was on anniversary sale some weeks ago

—> i personally think your theory is wrong

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Even if you have a fully upgraded guild hall with all services, i doubt that they will be as close together as on the terrace.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

If I’m not mistaken one of the blog posts mentioned that they didn’t want to devalue cities so I highly doubt there will be any services like crafting/tp etc in the guild hall. You’ll still have to do all that in the open world.

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Crafting (beyond scribe) specifically won’t be in the guildhall from what i remember. That’s the reason why they are removing craft station consumables too.\

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The big value of the Royal Terrace/Airship is proximity of services. if it didn’t have that then the WvW area would be just as good. Unless the guild hall has a mystic forge and services within a couple of steps of each other it’s on the same level as WvW.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Why 9 separate accounts? Just why?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Log in reward and also cheap character slot. When game was sale many people buy many account. One account easy make 50 gold month from just laurel log in reward. Also those account on sale have 5 character slot same price as buy 1 slot with gem for main account. There is some person here that like to brag all time about have 30 account. But no one really care.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I think the reason they don’t sell them more often is because if the terrace/airship become too crowded, then it’s almost better to go to a normal city area and work there.

If they become too crowded some day, I fully expect a third place to be created, with a chance for people to buy unlimited or 2 week access to it as well, to even things out.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I think the reason they don’t sell them more often is because if the terrace/airship become too crowded, then it’s almost better to go to a normal city area and work there.

If they become too crowded some day, I fully expect a third place to be created, with a chance for people to buy unlimited or 2 week access to it as well, to even things out.

I agree. I hope arena net never sell terrace pass again. I like it there with not to many player. Nice and quiet easy to get to thing need with no annoy player spam attacks at NPCs or other things that annoy.

;)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Because of megaservers making new map shards when the population hits a certain number, that’s probably not a consideration. Even though there is a barrier around that spot it’s not separate from the rest of the city (you can still see map chat in there). If enough people are in DR, the game will simply make a new shard.

ANet may give it to you.

Jaymee.1560

lmao, believe me you are not the first person to ask that question.

I won’t get all snippy and say – It’s none of your business. Instead, I’ll stay just 2 thing.

1. Why not?

2. Ascended crafting matts for selling

(and I’ll add)

3. More Laurels, Char slots and T6 matts

4. I’m a disabled housewife suffering with Cerebral Palsy and Multiple Sclerosis. GW 2 is one sure fire way of passing my time and diverting my attention from the depression of reality.

(edited by Jaymee.1560)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Because of megaservers making new map shards when the population hits a certain number, that’s probably not a consideration. Even though there is a barrier around that spot it’s not separate from the rest of the city (you can still see map chat in there). If enough people are in DR, the game will simply make a new shard.

True, but now picture even 1/4 of those people in the terrace all at the same time. With things so close together, you’d barely be able to see the crafting stations, much less use the NPCs.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

While I think guild halls will reduce the demand for the it, I believe the pass (both consumable and perm) was available during the anniversary sale.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Jaymee.1560

While I think guild halls will reduce the demand for the it, I believe the pass (both consumable and perm) was available during the anniversary sale.

Nah, not the Perma Terrrace scroll, my husband and I were hunting that down like hawks during the sale. They never reposted them They reposted the Airship Perma Pass, not the Terrace.

(edited by Jaymee.1560)

Just a flesh wound.3589

True, but now picture even 1/4 of those people in the terrace all at the same time. With things so close together, you’d barely be able to see the crafting stations, much less use the NPCs.

That doesn’t mean they will make a new area though. The reason for those areas is proximity of services not scarcity of other players. Since there is no collision and nothing stopping you from walking up to a merchant or crafting table and hitting interact, the place can be chock full of people and it wouldn’t affect your ability to use that site. You would still be able to use the NPCs no matter how big a crowd of people.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)