There are too many loot boxes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

kitten just give me the loot, not boxes.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I prefer having loot boxes. It means I can farm and farm without having to stop every 5 minutes to salvage all my loot because of a full inventory.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I prefer having loot boxes. It means I can farm and farm without having to stop every 5 minutes to salvaging all my loot.

Good point, but still I would prefer not having boxes inside bags inside boxes …
Hundrets of different sorts of containers and no “Open all”

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

I prefer having loot boxes. It means I can farm and farm without having to stop every 5 minutes to salvage all my loot because of a full inventory.

and if we couldnt open boxes on lower level characters the price of ascended gear would skyrocket.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

I would prefer the “open all” option integrated

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Boxes give them an easy way to change up the loot found within them without touching the code that drops them.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

and if we couldnt open boxes on lower level characters the price of ascended gear would skyrocket.

Not all heroes wear capes. /salute

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Too bad you can’t just sell them.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Boxes give them an easy way to change up the loot found within them without touching the code that drops them.

It also gives the a means of bypassing Magic Find. Kind of a crumby thing to do, if you ask me; let people invest so much time and gold into raising MF only to implement a system to render it all virtually worthless.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Gold? I’ve never invested any Gold in raising my Magic Find percentage. Should just come naturally salvaging all that loot some player lament over. =)

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I wouldn’t be upset if the different flavors of boxes were consolidated in some way. That would make it easier to let them stack for later opening, rather than having to open a dozen different kinds of boxes to stop them from eating inventory space.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I wouldn’t be upset if the different flavors of boxes were consolidated in some way. That would make it easier to let them stack for later opening, rather than having to open a dozen different kinds of boxes to stop them from eating inventory space.

Wait what? Boxes and bags with goods in them (usually a lot more than the 1 slot they take up) take up more space than what’s in them? I think you have that backwards….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: darksoverign.5360

darksoverign.5360

It also gives the a means of bypassing Magic Find. Kind of a crumby thing to do, if you ask me; let people invest so much time and gold into raising MF only to implement a system to render it all virtually worthless.

why would you pay for MF that does virtually nothing… I have max MF and hardly see any difference. (and I got to max without buying it…) MF is a very small buff to loot and I mean small.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Wait what? Boxes and bags with goods in them (usually a lot more than the 1 slot they take up) take up more space than what’s in them? I think you have that backwards….

There are 7 types of gilded strongboxes and they don’t stack.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gilded_Strongbox

I’d rather they all stacked so I could open them later. 7 types of boxes takes up more space than what’s inside one of them. I don’t want to be opening boxes in the middle of battle.

And that’s just one of the types of boxes. 3 types of heirloom seed pouches, 3 types f elaborate ritualist bags, etc.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

+1 to this idea. I save all of my champ boxes until the end of each month so I have thousands to open and the variety of boxes is getting ridiculous.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I opened an exotic Gilded Strongbox from the bloodstone PvP track and got another exotic Gilded Strongbox back, that didn’t stack with the old one. Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going through the devs heads when they make this kitten.