There is never enought gold :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Hello guys here we go

Yes, I wanted to say that there will NEVER be enought gold guys.

There is no reason to complain about shortage of golds, how hard is to farm enought gold, etc. Because even if they gave everyone 100g per week for free, some people would still demand MORE so they can buy shiny things even faster than it should take.

Example:
In real life .. For avarage person it would take many yeeeeeas, even a life time to afford a Bentley, for instance so thats why you have avarage cars with reasonable prices which almost everyone can afford.
People cant complain that they have not enought money to buy Bentley. Because Bentley is only for small portion of people in the world.
Also you have cars like Mercedes, BMW, Audi and those takes also kitten a lot of money to buy

Same goes ingame

There are regular exotics – everyone can easyly get them
There are named, rare exotics – nice skin which take some effort to gain
There are ascended items – require even bigger effort to put in
There are Lgendary weapons – only the most dedicated players achieve these because they are like Bentley

I think Arenanet has plan for everything, even for how long it should avarage player to buy something. So he wont just achieve legendary in 3 months, so he wont buy cultural armor tier 3 in a week, unless he choose to play for 10+ hours a day like me.

Maybe Arenanet wants you to play the game for ‘’##’’ hours before you can buy specific item. Something should take weeeks, something years.

I dont know how anyone can be mad that everything is beeing too expensive. Maybe only unpatient players that wants to achieve goals quicker (now) than it is supposed to take. And that is not Arenanets fault Only his !!

just some of my thoughts

Cya guys and dont rage on me too hard

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Posted by: Sneaks.2071

Sneaks.2071

I agree with your point. I’m uncomfortable with the idea of everyone easily being able to get the best thing out there. It defeats the purpose of wanting and working to obtain specific items.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

So he wont just achieve legendary in 3 months, so he wont buy cultural armor tier 3 in a week, unless he plays like me, for 10+ hours a day.

ArenaNet mentioned recently how they have not had too many reports about people having health issues due to playing the game too much. Clearly, that’s because the game has been released only 4 months ago. If people think it’s not only healthy, but also a good thing, to play the game 10 hours a day each day… You know the game has some serious issues.

ArenaNet, please save people from themselves – reduce the amount of grind in the game.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Where do these drop exactly? The only exotic I haven’t bought at the TP are the Mad King’s slippers from the clocktower – and a single rifle I gave to a guildy. That’s 2 exotics in 400+ hrs game time. Just curious.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

I agree with your point. I’m uncomfortable with the idea of everyone easily being able to get the best thing out there. It defeats the purpose of wanting and working to obtain specific items.

why would i want to work in the game? I just want to play the game and get rewarded while playing the game. meaning and i want to enjoy the game and get happier when i get the reward.

Not working for it coz working gives me a picture of like killing 10000 mobs and getting 2 vials of powerful blood. so i have to like kill 10000 mobs 125 times to get 250 powerful bloods more. next task, killing 20000 mobs to get 5 ectos. etc etc.

Dogblaster.6713

So he wont just achieve legendary in 3 months, so he wont buy cultural armor tier 3 in a week, unless he plays like me, for 10+ hours a day.

ArenaNet mentioned recently how they have not had too many reports about people having health issues due to playing the game too much. Clearly, that’s because the game has been released only 4 months ago. If people think it’s not only healthy, but also a good thing, to play the game 10 hours a day each day… You know the game has some serious issues.

ArenaNet, please save people from themselves – reduce the amount of grind in the game.

Where did I say its healthy to play 10+ hours a day? I said thats the way to achive things faster than they are supposed to. So that means you should not do that, its only your choice to sacrifice real life, etc.

Sadly I am unpatient player who wants his shiny faster! Its my own fault but I dont complain about it, I choose to be like this. Arenanet is NOT forcing me to.

You can see this in every game. In single players game players can just play the game 20 hours straight and finish the whole campaign in a day. In mmorpgs players can just farm all day to gain golds faster and buy those shinies quicker than it is supposed to take.

Thats totally normal.

BUT you CANT just demand free golds/money so you can buy things quicker, when they should take loong. If you want faster shinyes, you need to work for it.

Dogblaster.6713

why would i want to work in the game? I just want to play the game and get rewarded while playing the game. meaning and i want to enjoy the game and get happier when i get the reward.

Not working for it coz working gives me a picture of like killing 10000 mobs and getting 2 vials of powerful blood. so i have to like kill 10000 mobs 125 times to get 250 powerful bloods more. next task, killing 20000 mobs to get 5 ectos. etc etc.

You want simply to enjoy the game but your talking about legendary like if it was the only enjoyable thing, there are another weapons and things to do which requires almost no effort.

Legendary weapons are for the most dedicated players, so they have things to work for. How can you dont understand this?

IF you are playing Guild Wars 2 only to craft Legendary and thats all I dont think anyone can help you on this one. This is not what Arenanet wants

Legendary weapons are not for those who simply wants to ‘’enjoy the game’’ they are for serious gamers. My girlfriend is one of these enjoying the game, she dont even have full exotic gear and she dont even care about legendary because she know thats for the most dedicated and serious players.

Joseph Skyrim.2470

I don’t mind if I can’t ever get stuff on the TP, but I would like to be able to make enough money to afford WP travel. Nevermind the bentley, I can’t even afford a bus ticket. :P

Erasculio.2914

Thats totally normal. Dont know whats wrong about it.

I don’t think anything more needs to be said about how grind is bad for the game. It’s sad that the influence of PtP MMOs has created this kind of mentality. All ArenaNet can do is prevent players from hurting themselves, which requires a drastic reduction of the importance of grind in the game.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

Dogblaster.6713

Thats totally normal. Dont know whats wrong about it.

I don’t think anything more needs to be said about how grind is bad for the game. It’s sad that the influence of PtP MMOs has created this kind of mentality. All ArenaNet can do is prevent players from hurting themselves, which requires a drastic reduction of the importance of grind in the game.

PLAYING 10+ hours a day doesnt mean grinding !!!

I am usually doing dungeons, some wvw, spvp and some farming in orr.

On other hand, Farming is big part of MMORPGs.

Grinding is when you farm same area, same mob all over again

No one can stop me to play 20 hours a day if I wanted to … Its like no one can stop you from working as many jobs as you want. Watching as many movies per day as you want. Etc.

The second they remove farming – I am out.
The second they give everyone everything for free – I am out.

Simple But I think this never happens

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Can’t really out-grind a player driven economy but ANet can lower the costs for controlled things like dungeon armor tokens, waypoint travel and the like. Here’s a good example:

Not Grind:
If you’ve run every single path of a dungeon once you should have enough to get the full armor and a weapon or two from its tokens. If you want every single weapon as well, ok maybe you have to do all the paths once again.

Grind:
You’ve run every single dungeon path already? That’s nice. Do it 30+ more times and maybe you can afford the full armor and a weapon or two.

alcopaul.2156

Legendary weapons are not for those who simply wants to ‘’enjoy the game’’ they are for serious gamers. My girlfriend is one of these enjoying the game, she dont even have full exotic gear and she dont even care about legendary because she know thats for the most dedicated and serious players.

i didn’t care about legendary item because it had the same stat as my pearl exotic gs. but now that legendary will assume the stats of ascended, that means a.net is requiring me to grind an ascended equivalent to keep at par with the legendary. by the looks of now, it needs 250(+) ectos and t6 mats to get a back piece. imagine if it were a weapon. prolly over 9000 ectos and t6 mats right?

if they will make it easier for players to get ascended stuff, then cool. i won’t still care for legendary coz i leave it for the “dedicated” players.

Erasculio.2914

Can’t really out-grind a player driven economy but ANet can lower the costs for controlled things like dungeon armor tokens, waypoint travel and the like. Here’s a good example:

Not Grind:
If you’ve run every single path of a dungeon once you should have enough to get the full armor and a weapon or two from its tokens. If you want every single weapon as well, ok maybe you have to do all the paths once again.

Grind:
You’ve run every single dungeon path already? That’s nice. Do it 30+ more times and maybe you can afford the full armor and a weapon or two.

I agree. Avoiding content repetition and favoring content completition would be better for the game and healthier for its players.

Dogblaster.6713

Not Grind:

Grind:

THIS WOULD kill the game in a month.
I would have already 5x full set of Arah, 10x full set of AC, COF, CM ..

Do you know how long it takes for arenanet to create one dungeon path? Days.
If they give you full set by running this dungeon once, it would be total waste of their money spent!

How fast do you think player would get bored cause they already have full gear after a day ? Few weeks and they would have fully dungeon geary alts also.

They would need to make milions to create content this fast …

Just think about this a little bit please.

Why you think single player games have difficulties? Why you think Diablo 3 has normal, nightmare, hell, inferno difficulties? Etc, Etc …

Anet promised no grind in order to be pair with everyone else and they promised this. You can obtain exotic gear in few days only.

The rest like Dungeon gear, rare exotics, legendary weapons are only skins and you wont gain any advantage. These thins require bigger effort to gain. Thats obvious.

ANET NEVER said you wont need to farm/put effort to achive the best looking things ingame.
They never said they will give your everything for free, did they???

Posted by: Orion Magus.5348

Orion Magus.5348

This is, imo, a terrible attitude to have. The only way that you as an epic grinder can enjoy your shiny is if the rest of the plebs in the game have virtually no chance of obtaining said shiny? (Not specifically directed at only you but to those who hold with your quoted statement.)

If you find yourself unable to be happy because your neighbor has the same car as you… well I’m not sure I can help you.

Dogblaster.6713

Not Grind:

Grind:

I agree. Avoiding content repetition and favoring content completition would be better for the game and healthier for its players.

I enjoy doing dungeons over and over again. If I like the skin I am willing to farm for it Its my own choice, no one is forcing me to do it. Its only SKIN

BUT I want this skin to worth something, to be unique, rare. If anyone could could easyly get it, It would worth nothing. I would just destroy it.

Erasculio.2914

Why you think single player games have difficulties?

Final Fantasy 6 does not have a difficulty setting… Planescape: Torment doesn’t have one, either. GW1 does have a difficulty setting – there is Hard Mode. GW2, in other hand, doesn’t – the settings are just “less mindless and easy grind”, or “more mindless and easy grind”.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

You want simply to enjoy the game but your talking about legendary like if it was the only enjoyable thing, there are another weapons and things to do which requires almost no effort.

Legendary weapons are for the most dedicated players, so they have things to work for. How can you dont understand this?

IF you are playing Guild Wars 2 only to craft Legendary and thats all I dont think anyone can help you on this one. This is not what Arenanet wants

I believe he was talking about ascended items, not legendary. 300+ ectos and 250 t6 mats, 6 mist vials (only optainable in fotm), gift of ascension (again, only through fotm)…

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Dogblaster.6713

This is, imo, a terrible attitude to have. The only way that you as an epic grinder can enjoy your shiny is if the rest of the plebs in the game have virtually no chance of obtaining said shiny? (Not specifically directed at only you but to those who hold with your quoted statement.)

If you find yourself unable to be happy because your neighbor has the same car as you… well I’m not sure I can help you.

Yes. I would feel less happy if my neighbour or everone else would have the same car, Bentley for instance. This care is so awesome because only small portion of people have them. I wouldnt care about this care if everyone would have it. I buy it to show off.

Why you think that rich people are buying most expensive and sometimes useless things (diamand phone), cloths, cars, houses, etc? They are doing it because they can and they want to prove everyone that they have money for it.

After I buy my cultral tier 3 armor, craft my legendary .. I want everybody know that I worked kitten hard for it and how much gold and time Ive spend.

You think I would go for cultural tier 3 or craft my legendary if everyone would have it? kitten no .. why would I … I would go for the most rare weapon that no one else has.

For instance, I wanted greatsword from AC, but after my mates went for that one too I just went for different one.

I want legendary weapon because not everyone can afford it

alcopaul.2156

Yes. I would feel less happy if my neighbour or everone else would have the same car, Bentley for instance. This care is so awesome because only small portion of people have them. I wouldnt care about this care if everyone would have it.

Why you think that rich people are buying expensive cloths, cars, houses, etc? They are doing it because they can and they want to prove everything they have money for it.

how would you feel if you see no homeless people on the street or you see no jobless people or disillusioned people resorting to crime because they cannot earn or keep up with life? i can tell that you’ll feel less happier too.

Erasculio.2914

Why you think that rich people are buying expensive cloths, cars, houses, etc? They are doing it because they can and they want to prove everything they have money for it.

That’s a somewhat sad point of view. Has it not ocurred to you that maybe a rich person wants a Mercedes for the pleasure of driving such a smooth car? And that said pleasure would be the same if that Mercedes were a one of a kind or if everyone had one of those?

Not everyone needs external validation; not everyone needs to try to impress others, and not everyone is impressed by a display of wealth, be it outside or inside the game.

You think I would go for cultural tier 3 or craft my legendary if everyone would have it? kitten no .. why would I … I would go for the most rare weapon that no one else has.

If every single player in the game had Sunrise… I would still get it. Because I like how it looks; it doesn’t matter how many others have it or what others think about it.

(edited by Erasculio.2914)

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Yes. I would feel less happy if my neighbour or everone else would have the same car, Bentley for instance. This care is so awesome because only small portion of people have them. I wouldnt care about this care if everyone would have it.

After I buy my cultral tier 3 armor, craft my legendary .. I want everybody know that I worked kitten hard for it, when they see it they should know how dedicated player I am.

Proving your worth through a game? Sorry to say but that just sounds sad to me.
Why do you want to proove yourself to others with a few pixels? I honestly don’t get it. I couldn’t care less if my neighbour has a bently. Why do I care about the stuff he does or doesn’t have. Makes no sense. How does him having a bently affect me or my way of living? I guess it’s a phylosophical question but I see no reason why would I peek through a spy-hole at the door to see what my neighbour is carrying in his bags.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Dogblaster.6713

That’s a somewhat sad point of view. Has it not ocurred to you that maybe a rich person wants a Mercedes for the pleasure of driving such a smooth car? And that said pleasure would be the same if that Mercedes were a one of a kind or if everyone had one of those?

Not everyone needs external validation; not everyone needs to try to impress others, and not everyone is impressed by a display of wealth, be it outside or inside the game.

Most of them usually no. I know it. I have mercedes myself and after you get used to luxury of these cars, the only thing you care is about how expensive and prestigue these cars are. I know its sad but ye thats how it is.

Its like guys buy expensive cars to pick up girls. Girls buy expensive and fancy cloths to pick up boys.

Every girl I know HATES when she see girl with same cloths. And guys just dont like when they see someone with same car. This is normal. Dont tell me you never noticed?

I am not talking about every single person. There are rich person with miliards and they drive old cars, wears second hand cloths. But majority of people wants expensive stuff so they can show off and prove everyone they have for it.

Its sad but thats how it is.

Dogblaster.6713

After I buy my cultral tier 3 armor, craft my legendary .. I want everybody know that I worked kitten hard for it, when they see it they should know how dedicated player I am.

Why do you want to proove yourself to others with a few pixels? I honestly don’t get it. I couldn’t care less if my neighbour has a bently. Why do I care about the stuff he does or doesn’t have. Makes no sense. How does him having a bently affect me or my way of living? I guess it’s a phylosophical question but I see no reason why would I peek through a spy-hole at the door to see what my neighbour is carrying in his bags.

Some things are there only to show off. Like expensive sports cars or legendary weapons. You still can buy very nice sports car 10x cheaper or craft 10x cheaper awesome weapon but you buy those more expensive just to show off.

MMORPGs are and always will be about who has better and cooler stuff.
CoD, Battlefield, Dota, Lol are and always be about who has better skill.

etc.

Erasculio.2914

But majority of people wants expensive stuff so they can show off and prove everyone they have for it.

Its sad but thats how it is. We dont live in communism anymore.

Fortunatelly, you are wrong. I also have the feeling you don’t know exactly what communism is.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Where do these drop exactly? The only exotic I haven’t bought at the TP are the Mad King’s slippers from the clocktower – and a single rifle I gave to a guildy. That’s 2 exotics in 400+ hrs game time. Just curious.

TP or craft them. They’re significantly easier to make than the other stuff. Idk now, but before, took me < a week to get full exotic gear (including trinkets).

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Joseph Skyrim.2470

I enjoy doing dungeons over and over again. If I like the skin I am willing to farm for it Its my own choice, no one is forcing me to do it. Its only SKIN

BUT I want this skin to worth something, to be unique, rare. If anyone could could easyly get it, It would worth nothing. I would just destroy it.

I don’t particularly enjoy dungeons because a) I need a group and b) the rewards don’t really interest me especially since you have to grind them to earn the reward. So you know what happens to all the days spent by ANet making those dungeons? Wasted in my case, because other than the mandatory Arah Storymode, I don’t really want to run any of the others.

Ever think what you will do once you actually get everything you are grinding for Dogblaster? Dance in Lion’s Arch 24/7 (if so, can I join)?

(edited by Joseph Skyrim.2470)

Posted by: Orion Magus.5348

Orion Magus.5348

You are makeing too much sense to be a forum poster. XD

As to the buisness side of things, there is no monthly fee for this game. Keeping me playing for years by having me grind endlessly does not earn anet more money. Adding holiday skins and quality of life changes (more character slots, more bank space, more inventory slots, haircuts, ect…) to the cash shop does. Bug fixes, more pvp map types, and wvw objectives would make me play longer (an extra fractal every now and then wouldn’t hurt either).

Running a dungeon once might be a little fast for a full set of gear. However it would not kill this game. If the only reason you are playing is because you are chasing a dungeon grind then yea, I guess that would be it for you until the next expansion comes around. If you were playing the game because you actually enjoy playing the game (insert surprised face here) then having your character look just how you want them to look will make the game more enjoyable. Continue running around with your friends doing pvp, wvw, even the odd event chain every now and again. Heck if you really liked a dungeon keep doing it, difference is now you are doing it for the fun of it not because it takes x amounts of runs before you can get the armor you want.

If I had every dungeon set I would need more space to store aforementioned dungeon armor and would buy more bank space directly leading to anet making more money from me.

Dogblaster.6713

You are makeing too much sense to be a forum poster. XD

As to the buisness side of things, there is no monthly fee for this game. Keeping me playing for years by having me grind endlessly does not earn anet more money. Adding holiday skins and quality of life changes (more character slots, more bank space, more inventory slots, haircuts, ect…) to the cash shop does. Bug fixes, more pvp map types, and wvw objectives would make me play longer (an extra fractal every now and then wouldn’t hurt either).

Running a dungeon once might be a little fast for a full set of gear. However it would not kill this game. If the only reason you are playing is because you are chasing a dungeon grind then yea, I guess that would be it for you until the next expansion comes around. If you were playing the game because you actually enjoy playing the game (insert surprised face here) then having your character look just how you want them to look will make the game more enjoyable. Continue running around with your friends doing pvp, wvw, even the odd event chain every now and again. Heck if you really liked a dungeon keep doing it, difference is now you are doing it for the fun of it not because it takes x amounts of runs before you can get the armor you want.

If I had every dungeon set I would need more space to store aforementioned dungeon armor and would buy more bank space directly leading to anet making more money from me.

Or I would burn out faster because ive already obtained all I wanted sadly too fast

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Or I would burn out faster because ive already obtained all I wanted sadly too fast

After you grind for all your nice armor / obtained all you wanted, you’re just gonna quit? o.o

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

I don’t mind if I can’t ever get stuff on the TP, but I would like to be able to make enough money to afford WP travel. Nevermind the bentley, I can’t even afford a bus ticket. :P

Lol, totally been there before, hahaha.

Of course Anet wants you to play longer, that’s just simple business. And let us not forget, ever, that Anet is first and foremost a BUSINESS. As soon as folks can understand this, the sooner we will have fewer threads like this one.

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

The problem with that is timeframe, I think personally the current timeframes imposed at vastly strict. The problem isn’t that its easy to farm gold, its just far too boring to do so. Imagine, you work a 9/5 job and come home to guild wars 2, most people then don’t want a 6/12 gold farming job just so they could maybe afford a full set of exotics.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Lol, totally been there before, hahaha.

Of course Anet wants you to play longer, that’s just simple business. And let us not forget, ever, that Anet is first and foremost a BUSINESS. As soon as folks can understand this, the sooner we will have fewer threads like this one.

Yeah, profits first – players later and all that.
With this model it really just takes one crazy person spending silly amounts in the gemstore to keep them happy too – meaning they can ignore the rest of us unfortunately. ;p

ps – nice blog too Aoshi.