There should be dailies on all maps.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Lard Maker.4175

The Lard Maker.4175

Good day all

I started playing the new map and realized there is a dailies for it and then I realize. Why don’t Aranet make dailies for all maps even low level ones. That will reward you with chest of what level you are.

So that there will be more reason for 80s to go around low level maps, more specifically the casual questers like me.

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

I would actually welcome this; People will always farm the game, no matter what. Giving dailies for every single map will stimulate people to “map train” and would bring variety to their farm table. I doubt even with current level of daily rewards, that it would be on par with AB multi-loot or even SW, so wouldn’t be game breaking either.

That variety in turn (playing a lot of different events and maps for their rewards, even if eventually the same ones in each map) would keep people feeling that the game is “fresh” and reassure the notion of just how immense our game world actually is (it is VERY huge already, and even if we only unlock areas in what portion of Tyria we currently have now, that’s still A LOT).

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Definitely agree. The dailies system offers a unique opportunity to incentivize repeating other content, and with the new maps being such higher source of rewards the lower level content, the older maps have been seeing less use. The Megaserver system helps with that a lot, but it’s still noticeable sometimes.

I love going back to the old maps, but at the moment any time I spend there means I’m missing out on higher rewards elsewhere. Something as mild as this could go a long way towards helping.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Gwilym.4257

Gwilym.4257

And, there are vanilla players who don’t enjoy the platformer GW2 has become. It would be great to expand reward and play opportunities in vanilla GW2.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I wrote this in the feedback thread and will reiterate it here:

“Having the separate dailies is pretty cool, but I do suggest this not become a general thing — one specialized set to help get the scads of currency needed for the vendor rewards is one thing, but the more daily subsets you add the more of a chore it will be to get to them all.”

One reason I went full tilt fanatic for GW2 in beta and at launch was that I was a WoW player with serious burn out from chasing dailies all over the world map.

It’s one thing if you can satisfy your dailies in any map you like, eg ore gathering, but go anywhere in the world. It’s another if you have proliferating dailies that you have to go all over for. As it is I’m not gathering flax daily, it’s too much of a detour from doing other things, let alone hopping to all the other daily things on offer. The BF dailies are separate from the regular dailies, so now that’s two sets (though the BF ones help farm unbound magic and are in a still new and shiny map, making them less a chore and more a reward for being there).

So I disagree. I think we’d be back to the “gotta do ’em all” burnout days that led to the current daily system far too fast if every map had its own set.

UnbentMars.9126

“Having the separate dailies is pretty cool, but I do suggest this not become a general thing — one specialized set to help get the scads of currency needed for the vendor rewards is one thing, but the more daily subsets you add the more of a chore it will be to get to them all.”

One reason I went full tilt fanatic for GW2 in beta and at launch was that I was a WoW player with serious burn out from chasing dailies all over the world map.

It’s one thing if you can satisfy your dailies in any map you like, eg ore gathering, but go anywhere in the world. It’s another if you have proliferating dailies that you have to go all over for. As it is I’m not gathering flax daily, it’s too much of a detour from doing other things, let alone hopping to all the other daily things on offer. The BF dailies are separate from the regular dailies, so now that’s two sets (though the BF ones help farm unbound magic and are in a still new and shiny map, making them less a chore and more a reward for being there).

So I disagree. I think we’d be back to the “gotta do ’em all” burnout days that led to the current daily system far too fast if every map had its own set.

I know this is a kitten answer, but just because they are there doesn’t mean you have to do them.

I do agree with you on your point that it could contribute to burnout but that’s always such a subjective issue for individual players that I’m not sure it is really useful to try to do anything about.

The attraction of dailies on each map for me is largely that it provides a plethora of reasons to go and do neglected content which in a lot of cases many people may have never done before. As an example, I was feeling burnt out on HoT maps awhile ago so I decided to go and take my time exploring Frostgorge Sound on my Norn Guardian and tried a bit of solo RP, just for kicks. It was wonderful, and even though I’ve mapped FS on nearly all my characters I still found events and content that I’d never played before. For the more reward-driven players, dailies such as these would give good reason to go back (I also think it would help increase the repeatability of the older content and alleviate the issues with content drought by giving people rewards for playing the locations of their choosing rather than feeling like they are limited to the standby rewards maps; AB and Silverwastes).

With the new loot introduced in the new map, I think this opens a huge door. The salvageable items that can reward crafting materials of any tier is a huge boon since previously you had to go farm in maps with low gains in order to get the low-mid tier materials (hence why they are so expensive). The dailies could simply reward some of these items and some map currency (in maps where a currency exists) and I think that would be enough.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

Posted by: Flitters.4095

Flitters.4095

As a newer and therefore low level player I would agree with the idea based on the fact it gives new players more incentive to play areas beyond just leveling thru. It seems that in far too many games the focus is all on the established max level player base and they kinda forget about the new ones that might be leaving some other game that’s went to hell in a handbasket and is looking for a new “home”.

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

Map Rewards… they are your bonus for doing events on the other maps… the bloodstone fen dailies will likely only be here for the duration of the living story and will then dissapear again, just as the halloween/winterday/everyothertemporaryevent dailies have done in the past…

UnbentMars.9126

Map Rewards… they are your bonus for doing events on the other maps… the bloodstone fen dailies will likely only be here for the duration of the living story and will then dissapear again, just as the halloween/winterday/everyothertemporaryevent dailies have done in the past…

Given that they are such a huge source of the map currency necessary to buy the highest items that are offered by map vendors, I don’t think it’s going to be limited to the duration of the LS. I also really hope its not

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I think this suggestion would not cause players to revisit maps in significant amounts without burning them out. Either:

• Players visit all maps to get all dailies, in which case they burn out, or
  • Players just do the dailies in the maps they are already on.

A slightly better system would be to have a “thick leather section” daily that will reward you with whatever it is you are trying to farm (allowing people to farm cloth or leather, by the way) by doing something specific or revisiting a specific map. However, map bonuses already do this.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have to agree with those that state the current Map Bonus system already awards level-specific mats. And one need only to 2 events, or so, to attain one of the rewards. Want more, play longer in said map.

Having Dailies in each and every map would constitute somewhere around 30? sets of Dailies/per day. Seems a bit much, if for nothing else than the UI.

UnbentMars.9126

• Players visit all maps to get all dailies, in which case they burn out, or
  • Players just do the dailies in the maps they are already on.

A slightly better system would be to have a “thick leather section” daily that will reward you with whatever it is you are trying to farm (allowing people to farm cloth or leather, by the way) by doing something specific or revisiting a specific map. However, map bonuses already do this.

To address the first point: Burnout is something that is unique and subjective to each individual player. I honestly don’t think Anet should consider it a priority because they already work on that via adding new content (which is a separate issue and has multiple other threads dedicated to it). Visiting all maps to get the dailies is not what I would consider a bad thing.

To address the second point: Players already just do whatever maps allow them to travel the least to get the current dailies done. I’m not sure if I’m misreading your comment, but we were suggesting that map-specific dailies be added to each map (i.e. 4 dailies in Frostgorge Sound, 4 dailies in Malchor’s Leap, 4 dailies in Kessex Hills, etc) rather than a few more dailies that can be done on any map. The goal is to incentivize utilization of all maps rather than a select few like the current system does.

As for map bonuses, that would require balancing the output of the map bonus with the rewards generated. More of a question for Anet’s economist, but they did it successfully in Bloodstone Fen so I don’t see why they couldn’t do it elsewhere.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

As a newer and therefore low level player I would agree with the idea based on the fact it gives new players more incentive to play areas beyond just leveling thru.

The highest level character on your account determines the “level” of dailies you get in pve. So instead of “daily sparkfly fen events” you might get “daily kessex hills events” as a daily.

Posted by: The Lard Maker.4175

The Lard Maker.4175

I disagree as well, you do not need to do ALL the daily quests in each map. It is available to be done but you are not subject to do all of it. This just gives incentive for level 80 players to run around doing quest in Vanilla maps rather than spending the entire day doing Silverwaste. Some of us have specific maps that we like to go to but don’t because that means we would miss out on the daily grind.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Then, only if these ‘Map Dailies’ awarded no Achievement Points. You may not have been around when the forums were filled with threads lamenting spending hours each day acquiring all the APs available daily.

Which kind of brings us back to the Map Bonus Rewards.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I like the idea but know realistically there’s going to be a large group unhappy about it. There’s a large group of players that already get upset with the current daily set up because doing 4 events is too hard for them. I honestly don’t want to be on the forums when they start complaining it takes too long to do all their dailys.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Given that they are such a huge source of the map currency necessary to buy the highest items that are offered by map vendors, I don’t think it’s going to be limited to the duration of the LS. I also really hope its not

I think it will. Its actually incredibly easy to farm unbound magic without the dailies, the blood rubies are a little harder to farm its true, but people are saying you get a guaranteed 3 blood rubies per day from the home instance node if you buy it. Its not like you need the dailies to get these currencies.

On topic, I dont think this would be a good idea. Most I could support is dailies for each zone on the map, but even that is way too many in my opinion.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I suppose I was imagining the request was to have multiple sets of dailies, each granting rewards similar to the meta-dailies. If instead the request is to restructure matters so you get your 10 AP from the first 3 dailies you do in any map/s, and thereafter the rest of the dailies are optional and only grant the chest rewards they do now, then the compulsion to do them all would be no greater than what we have already.

UI issues might be their own problem, but I have no problem at all with adding more options on how to complete the 10 AP worth of 3 dailies each day.

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I think another big important thing we need to consider is the backlash from WvW and PvP communities will have when they hear pve is getting more rewards.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

1) If there are dailies on every map with the same rewards, then there is no reason to go to less desirable maps unless you’ve done all the dailies on the maps you like already and still are doing dailies. As you progress to maps you like less and less, you are also getting sick of doing the dailies, so it is set up to go until you burn out.

2) If dailies give AP, then people will feel obligated to do them all, so burnout.

3) If you make them for too specific things, then people will complain that they can’t do it their way.

4) If you do different rewards for each map (but no AP), and advertise which rewards are for which map, and let people do whichever activity they want, then you get the current map rewards system.

I think this problem has already been solved.

Posted by: Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615

Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615

Bring. Back. Monthlies.

Bring. Back. Monthlies.